Medo quits Tanzanian top-tier side Coastal Union alleging influence of 'ghosts'

Mzalendo_Mkweli

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2012
The tactician decided to resign after suffering a fifth consecutive loss in the top-tier last weekend

American-born Egyptian coach Melis Medo has surprised many after quitting his job at Coastal Union after being fought by 'Ghosts'.

The team is allegedly under a superstitious bondage, meaning certain people at the club are thought to have gone to witchdoctors to hinder the team from earning positive results consistently.

The tactician, therefore, believes that no matter what he does, his efforts are being 'fought' by those who do not wish him the best at the club and as a result, he has opted out.

The tactician took over at the club at the beginning of the ongoing campaign promising to help the team perform well in the Tanzania Mainland League. In the 15 matches played under his watch, the team managed four wins, five draws, and six losses.

Of the six losses, five have been back-to-back and it prompted the coach to take action. The latest loss was 2-0 away to Geita Gold on Saturday and the result pushed him to quit. In those five games, his team had managed to score just two goals and conceded 10.

"Thanks to all the ghosts, thanks for fighting the success. I have had enough, you win. I am so tired and I am so done," Medo posted on his official social media account.

The exit of Medo left the Mkwakwani-based team in 10th position with 17 points, just four above the relegation zone.

Medo has initially coached several football Kenya Federation Premier League teams.

Source : Goal.com