Mbunge wa Msalala, Maige aitaka Acacia kuilipa wilaya ya Msalala Tsh 765bn

Chachu Ombara

JF-Expert Member
Dec 11, 2012
Member of Parliament for Msalala, Ezekiel Maige (CCM) wants the Bulyanhulu Gold Mine to pay Msalala District Council a total of Sh425 billion in unpaid service levy.

Speaking to the Citizen in a telephone interview on Tueday, September 19, Mr Maige said the amount is in accordance with the estimates made by the Presidential Committee on minerals, headed by Prof Nehemiah Osoro.

“The company started to pay the service levy in 2015 using an old formula of $200,000 flat rate per year instead of 0.3 per cent of the gross revenue of the company,” he said.

He said the recent report which indicates that Acacia paid $11 million to Msalala District Council was not true. He said he was not aware when the amount was paid.

The former minister for Tourism said since the company started its operation in 1998, the economic dividends gained from mining activities were not equivalent of what was harvested.

“My people are among of the victims of bad investment policies that have been implemented in Tanzania over the last two decades,” he said.

Mr Maige is in the view that the existence of the gold mine at the district has not benefited the people as many of them were evicted from their areas without proper compensation.

It is estimated that about 200,000 people were removed from the current Bulyanhulu Mine site in 1998 without compensation.

He said seven in ten people in Msalala District were happy by the decision of the government to revisit gold business transactions in Tanzania and only three out of ten are unhappy with the decision.

He said even employment at the mining areas did not consider local residents and all of their goods and services needs were outsourced outside the district

Source: The Citizen

Member of Parliament for Msalala, Ezekiel Maige (CCM) wants the Bulyanhulu Gold Mine to pay Msalala District Council a total of Sh425 billion in unpaid service levy.

Speaking to the Citizen in a telephone interview on Tueday, September 19, Mr Maige said the amount is in accordance with the estimates made by the Presidential Committee on minerals, headed by Prof Nehemiah Osoro.

“The company started to pay the service levy in 2015 using an old formula of $200,000 flat rate per year instead of 0.3 per cent of the gross revenue of the company,” he said.

He said the recent report which indicates that Acacia paid $11 million to Msalala District Council was not true. He said he was not aware when the amount was paid.

The former minister for Tourism said since the company started its operation in 1998, the economic dividends gained from mining activities were not equivalent of what was harvested.

“My people are among of the victims of bad investment policies that have been implemented in Tanzania over the last two decades,” he said.

Mr Maige is in the view that the existence of the gold mine at the district has not benefited the people as many of them were evicted from their areas without proper compensation.

It is estimated that about 200,000 people were removed from the current Bulyanhulu Mine site in 1998 without compensation.

He said seven in ten people in Msalala District were happy by the decision of the government to revisit gold business transactions in Tanzania and only three out of ten are unhappy with the decision.

He said even employment at the mining areas did not consider local residents and all of their goods and services needs were outsourced outside the district

Kina Rogojin The Idiot namba yetu inazidi kukua...siku hadi siku. Huyu naye amekokotoa wapi hizo hesabu???

Vita ya uchumi au vita ya kuchuna?
Hawa watu wanafanya kama mchezo vile, lakini wasahau dunia inatutazama kwa macho makali. Yes, inawezekana kukawa na madai, lakini siyo kukurupuka kwenye magazeti at the end of the day ukakuta unadai very much less than that! Mgogoro utaanzia hapo. Ni bora kuwaita mkazungumza chamber , then you come out from there with concrete amicable solutions!

Vita ya uchumi au vita ya kuchuna?

Ukimuuliza huyo mbunge atakutolea vyeti kibao eti amesoma na kusoma mpaka akafika mwisho wa ukuta umeandikwa stooop...no more of this. Hatujitambui and yet we think we know it all...Elimu yetu kweli imetuelimisha tukaelimika?
Mabadiliko ya kweli hayaji kwa kukurupuka na kufuata mkumbo. Yanakuja kwa kusimama pale tunapotakiwa kusimama, no matter what. Huyu mbunge nina shaka naye. Labda amepewa hizo hesabu akasahau kusoma vizuri.

Mimi nasema wote wanaozungumza vitu visivojulikana sasa hivi, kuanzia Juma mpaka huyo Ezekiel wameshasoma upepo kua kuna nafasi za uwaziri zipo wazi, sasa lazima watoe kauli za kujipendekeza ili wasogezwe tena barazani

Hizo Bilioni 700 ni nje ya zile trillioni 400 zetu? Niambieni basi nibadilishe mawazo ya Noah walau nichukue Chevrolet Suburban

Acheni kugeuza makampuni ya madini Kama mabuzi.......pumba......vu

Kuna unachokielewa kweli ama unaongozwa ni mihemko uliyojaaliwa!!? Kulipa H/W maeneo migodi inamopatikana ni swala la kisheria sio utashi! Sema tulipokuwa tumefikia ilkuwa inaonekana kama favour kutona na wachache wetu kujinufaisha kwa njia moja ama nyingine!!!

"the result of bad investment Policy for over 2 Decades".......
Ex Minister, MP.. ruling Party CCM for about a decade now!

Laana ipo!

Huyo Sizonje naye siafanye huo uteuzi haraka maana akiendelea kuchelewa tu vichaa wanazidi kuongezeka huko fisiemu

Ukimuuliza huyo mbunge atakutolea vyeti kibao eti amesoma na kusoma mpaka akafika mwisho wa ukuta umeandikwa stooop...no more of this. Hatujitambui and yet we think we know it all...Elimu yetu kweli imetuelimisha tukaelimika?
Mabadiliko ya kweli hayaji kwa kukurupuka na kufuata mkumbo. Yanakuja kwa kusimama pale tunapotakiwa kusimama, no matter what. Huyu mbunge nina shaka naye. Labda amepewa hizo hesabu akasahau kusoma vizuri.
Labda mambo ya kumfurahisha mtukufu ili akumbukwe kwenye ufalme wake.

Back
Top Bottom