Maulidi Dilunga dies

khalyboy

Jun 3, 2007
ONE of the most accomplished football players Tanzania has ever produced Maulidi Dilunga (62) passed away on Tuesday and was to be laid to rest i n Kisarawe, Coast Region yesterday.

Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) Spokesperson Florian Kaijage said the deceased who played for the national team for more than 10 years from the 60s to mid 70s died after a long illness.

He will be remembered for his dazzling football skills that earned him the nickname of ‘Eusebio’ after the greatest Mozambiqueborn Portuguese football player that has ever lived.

Kaijage said a one minute of silence will be observed on Saturday in his respect when Taifa Stars take on Cameroon. TFF has given his family 100,000/- as condolence.

Omary Gumbo, the deceased’s former teammate and one they used to share a room when in camp, said Dilunga was a role model who young footballers should seek to emulate.

Dilunga along with TFF Technical Director Sunday Kayuni are the men behind the Elite youth academy’s success, said Gumbo.

The striker played for the two big clubs of the country, Yanga and Simba and in 1972 he was among the four Tanzanians who were in the East and Central Africa squad.

To sum up his brilliance, Dilunga was made the captain of the Africa squad of 1974. There were only two players from Tanzania who were in the team. The other was goalkeeper Omary Mahadhi

Sad day for Tanzania football, Maulid and the likes of Omari Mahadhi will go down in history as one of Tanzanias finest football players.

Kwa wasiofahamu,jamaa huyu aliwahi kuchaguliwa timu ya Africa,yaani aliingia First eleven ya Africa na akapiga ball. Basi Mungu amempenda zaidi Amen

Mwenyezi Mungu aipumzimshe roho ya marehemu mahali pema peponi~AMEN

Mungu aiweke Roho ya marehemu Maulid Dilunga mahali pema peponi!AMEN!

Pole zangu ziwafikie ndugu na familia ya marehemu, Dillu pole sana kama unanisoma, masela wote wa Congo FC na Yanga B. Im sure huyu mzee angependa kuiona game ya Stars na Cameroon and this should be enough reason for our boys to win it, get in there and do it for him, make him proud!

WanaMtandao,
Pole nyingi ziwafikie ndugu na jamaa wote. Pia Wabaya wangu Yanga. Hawa jamaa kweli walifanya historia. Ukitaka kumuona huyu jamaa mwaka 1974 wakiwa Brazil ambapo baada ya kurudi walifikia sijui Kenya au Uganda na Simba wao walikweda Poland na waliporudi walifikia Kenya/Uganda, basi nenda Michuzi Blog. Siku ya mechi wakakutana Mwanza. Siku hiyo Moto uliwaka na probably that was the last BIG MACH in Tanzania. RIP Dillunga.

mungu akupokee dilunga na akuweke peponi na watu wema.

lakini tff kutoa mchango wa laki moja kwa shujaa wetu mie nnaona ni matusi makubwa.

au wazeeeeeee mnasemaje/?/??/?

JAMANI,please naomba anyone who can name,tanzania's top ten footballers of all time,me is a bit confused - because so many names crop up hence i just dont know who is who

RIP Dilu last time I check alikuwa ana fanyakazi pale Kharafi & sons he was a legend.....

To sum up his brilliance, Dilunga was made the captain of the Africa squad of 1974. There were only two players from Tanzania who were in the team. The other was goalkeeper Omary Mahadhi

R.I.P , pengo lenu 'kamwe' sitarajii kama litakuja zibwa!

Back
Top Bottom