Matumaini ya kuokolewa kwa wachimba madini nchini chile

Nakumbuka wachimbaji wet Kyle mererani nanavokufaga tunatumia vidumu kutoa maji mgodini....

Chile reveals timing of attempt to rescue 33 miners

_49454825_49454824.jpg
The miners will be brought to the surface in a capsule called Phoenix
An attempt to rescue 33 Chilean miners trapped deep underground could begin at midnight on Tuesday (0300 GMT), Mining Minister Laurence Golborne says.
A test of the rescue capsule has been carried out successfully, descending almost the whole way down the 622m (680yd) shaft, engineers say.
The men have been trapped in the San Jose mine, near the town of Copiapo, since a collapse on 5 August.
Continue reading the main story Chile's Trapped Miners

Their position was reached by a drill on Saturday.
The drill that reached the miners left the site to a rousing reception on Monday. The "Plan B" drill was driven away surrounded by crowds of photographers and cheered by hundreds of people across the site.
Shortly afterwards, officials briefed the media on the latest developments in the bid to bring the miners to the surface.
Chief engineer Andre Sougarret said a formal test of the shaft had been successful, with the specially constructed Phoenix rescue capsule barely registering a scratch as it travelled up and down the tunnel.
Earlier, the top of the shaft was reinforced with metal casing to prevent crumbling surface rocks from breaking away during the rescue. Experts say the rest of the escape shaft is dug through solid rock and will not break up.
Speaking to some of the estimated 1,000 journalists now at the mine, Mr Golborne said the operation would not be rushed.
"We are going to take all the time necessary to ensure the completion of these plans," he said.
_49449219_breakthrough_story_day67.gif

Sixteen highly trained rescuers - members of the Chilean special forces and veterans of previous underground rescues - are poised and on call to begin the process of bringing out the miners.
But the rescuers would only be told at the last minute which of them would lead off the rescue attempt, Mr Golborne said.
"All the rescuers have been prepared to fulfil that role," he said, adding that the person "best suited" to the task would go first.
The miners have already been informed about which of them will be the first out of the mine, Chilean media has reported.
They have not been named but are thought to include some of the most psychologically stable and experienced of the miners - in case something goes wrong during the first few rescues.
For the families who have mounted a vigil since their loved ones were trapped more than two months ago, the final hours are upon them.
"I'm so tired. It's been far too many days doing nothing, just sitting waiting," Alicia Campos, mother of Daniel Herrera told Reuters news agency.

Back
Top Bottom