Market Capitalization - very scarily

Quemu

JF-Expert Member
Jun 27, 2007
This picture appeared in my hometown Sunday's Newspaper. I thought this picture was incredibly telling....a good picture of the Banking environment today vs. two years ago. The chart shows the Market Capitalization of the biggest Banks in 2007.....and then, today.

Market Capitalization measures what a company is worth; i.e. it's value as defined by the total value of its stock....and is computed by multiplying the total # of shares outstanding of a given company by their current price per share.

Look at how all the big Banks have declined materially since 2007....!!!

qm-albums-funny-pictures-picture360-market-capitalization.pdf

If can't see the numbers clearly, view the attachment below

Attachments

• Market Capitalization.pdf
    270.2 KB · Views: 98
That's why its called funny money, one moment its here the next its not.

That is Global Financial Crisis.............huku tunasema haiwezi kutuadhiri............Ndullu Baba Umelogwa.....haya Mkullo naye jana anasema vivyo hivyo

Hao ndio Wachumi Wetu Bwana

Feds step deeper into Citi bailout

Shift of preferred shares to common stock increases embattled bank's capital base. Stock down by nearly half in volatile premarket trading.

AMERICA'S MONEY CRISIS
Stocks down, but off lows
Bank failures may cost FDIC $80 billion
GDP slides 6.2% on slower spending
Will the banks survive?
Feds step deeper into Citi bailout
Banks hit the treadmill

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The U.S. government waded deeper into the bailout of one of the nation's largest banks Friday when it announced a deal that will give it control over as much as 36% of Citigroup's common stock.

Citigroup shares tumbled more than 25% in early trading.

The deal will convert preferred shares that Treasury Department already holds in Citigroup for common shares, a shift that is designed to improve the embattled bank's capital base, which in turn will hopefully allow it to increase its lending.

The rest of the article inaweza kupatikana: Treasury stake in Citi to rise to up to 36% - Feb. 27, 2009

Swali: Would you consider a job offer from Citi....at the moment? Well, assume that you're not jobless or not going to be anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom