Marekani: Mpinzani wa Rais Trump, Joe Biden asema hatoendesha kampeni wakati huu wa janga la Corona

beth

JF-Expert Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mpinzani wa Rais Donald Trump, Joe Biden amesema hatoendesha kampeni za Urais wakati huu ambapo nchi hiyo inakabiliana na janga la COVID19

Biden ambaye alikuwa Makamu wa Rais wa zamani wa Marekani, Barack Obama amesema atafuata maelekezo ya wataalamu, sio kwa ajili yake tu bali kwa nchi nzima

Mwishoni mwezi Juni, Rais Trump alifanya kampeni Tulsa jijini Oklahoma ambapo tofauti na matarajio, watu wachache walijitokeza na alishindwa kujaza ukumbi wa watu 19,000

Wakati huo huo, Mtafiti Mkuu wa magonjwa Dkt Anthony Fauci ameliambia Bunge la Seneti kuwa hatashangazwa endapo maambukizi mapya 100,000 yakirekodiwa kwa siku moja

Dkt. Fauci amesema bado hawajafanikiwa kudhibiti ugonjwa huo na Wamarekani kuvaa barakoa na kuepuka mikusanyiko pekee haitoshi. Hadi sasa Marekani imerekodi visa 10,732,927 na vifo 516,767 huku waliopona wakiwa 5,534,941

===

US Democrat Joe Biden has said he will not hold presidential campaign rallies during the coronavirus pandemic.

"This is the most unusual campaign, I think, in modern history," Mr Biden said at a press conference in Delaware.

His rival, President Donald Trump, saw lower-than-expected turnout for a rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in June and his campaign has announced no new rallies.

Opinion polls show Mr Biden with an almost double-digit lead over Mr Trump as the 3 November election looms.

On Tuesday, Mr Biden told reporters: "I'm going to follow the doc's orders - not just for me but for the country - and that means that I am not going to be holding rallies.

"I won't be holding rallies."

The former US vice-president under Barack Obama also said he has not yet been tested for Covid-19, which has killed almost 130,000 people in the US

Citing the pandemic, Mr Biden has limited his public appearances, conducting interviews from a makeshift TV studio in his basement, leading the Trump campaign to dub him "Hidin' Biden".

On Tuesday, Mr Biden took aim at the president for his handling of the pandemic.

"Month after month, as other leaders and other countries took the necessary steps to get the virus under control, Donald Trump failed us," Mr Biden said, before mocking Mr Trump's declaration that he was a "wartime president".

"It seems like our wartime president surrendered, waved the white flag and left the battlefield," Mr Biden said.

The Democrat's announcement comes as top disease researcher Dr Anthony Fauci told the US Senate that he "would not be surprised" if new virus cases in the country reach 100,000 per day.

"Clearly we are not in control right now," Dr Fauci testified, warning that not enough Americans are wearing masks or social distancing.

On Tuesday, cases rose by more than 40,000 in one day for the fourth time in the past five days.

BBC

Back
Top Bottom