Magunomics: President urges Tanzania's women to 'set ovaries free', have more babies to boost economy

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
DAR es SALAAM (Reuters) - President John Magufuli urged Tanzania's women to "set your ovaries free" and bear more children as a way to help boost the economy into a regional powerhouse, a step critics said would instead worsen inequality and poverty.

"When you have a big population you build the economy. That's why China's economy is so huge," he said late on Tuesday, citing India and Nigeria as other examples of countries that gained from a demographic dividend.

"I know that those who like to block ovaries will complain about my remarks. Set your ovaries free, let them block theirs," he told a gathering in his home town of Chato.

Hayo maneno ambayo hayawezi kusemwa ata na watu ambao hawajaenda shule yeye Rais wa nchi anayatamka tena mbele.ya kamera macho yakiwa makavu kabisa. Ukiuliza kwanini nchi kama Ireland..Norway na za ukando huo wenye idadi ndogo ya wananchi wameendelea. Majibu yake utasikia kua kwasababu wana idadi ndogo ya watu.

Higher population will not make Tanzania a STRONG country, rather it will make it a STRANGE country... I have said this over and over again...

Much as the Tanzanian land seems to have reached its carrying capacity, the much higher population will drift away some of the citizen into foreign land making them strangers and wanderers across the globe. Just like Nigerians, Indians and Chinese. Most of the new population will not stay in Tanzania to build the country. We will raise them but they will become a workforce into foreign lands...
Our good example is Ethiopia...

Back
Top Bottom