Magufuli visions gas economy for Bagamoyo, Chalinze area

BabuK

JF-Expert Member
Jul 30, 2008
Magufuli-10Oct2015(2).png

CCM presidential candidate Dr John Magufuli.

Emerging gas economy in Bagamoyo district shall touch off the building of industries in Chalinze township and Bagamoyo town as well, CCM presidential candidate Dr John Magufuli has declared.

Addressing a rally at Msata in Chalinze constituency, Dr Magufuli said that his government would harvest the resource to ease electricity generation as it is a foremost requirement for the building of industries.

In Chalinze town the government shall invite investors in various sectors to start small, medium and large industries to widen employment opportunities for Tanzanians, he stated.

The candidate who is also Minister for Works in the current cabinet handed to the Chalinze MP, Ridhiwani Kikwete, buildings of what used to be the contractor's camp while building the Bagamoyo-Msata road so that they are used for social purposes in the constituency.

"I am giving these buildings to you as a gift, to use them for any social purposes whether it is hospital or technical college facility for the benefit or residents of the area," he told the gathering.

He also thanked President Jakaya Kikwete for having entrusted him to lead the Ministry of Works during his tenure of office.

"I am very respectful of my elder brother President Kikwete for having trusted me and assigning me to supervise this ministry, one of the most important ministries in the country," he said.
He urged the people to vote for Ridhiwani as their MP on account of the respect and discipline he shows despite being son of the president.

Nicknaming the chalinze as ‘Magufuli' he said he was a self-respecting youth. He had humbled himself socially to become a common citizen helping others, he said.

On his part, Ridhiwani appealed to the constituents to confer to him once more the dignity of serving them, so that he can put to effect the CCM election manifesto.He promised to end water woes in Bagamoyo town by pumping water from Ruvu river passing near the town and distribute the water to the residents.

He talked of the town as a historic and touristic place, in which case it is vital that water services are assured so that commercial activities are not inconvenienced.

He reminded the gathering of plans to build a major port for use by East African countries as a whole, while also serving as a weekend resort for city dwellers.

On another note Dr Magufuli promised to build at tarmac level a road stretching 178 kilometers to link Bagamoyo and Tanga via Saadani.

"A feasibility study has already been done. Tenders have been advertised and money for the project is there," he said, noting that this shall widen trading opportunities and better selection of transport and communication requirements, seeking votes so that he becomes supreme overseer of good development plans.

He said all promises being made by the ruling party can be implemented and all the people need is to vote for him, MPs and councilors from CCM so that it is easy to take up electoral promises.

Earlier yesterday Dr Magufuli had campaign meetings in Makanya and Hedaru townships in Same district of Kilimanjaro Region, Mkata in Tanga Region and Mbwewe in Coast Region.

On Monday the CCM candidate is expected to continue the campaign trail in Lindi Region, reports said.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

Back
Top Bottom