Elections 2010 Maalim Seif Sharif Hamad has betrayed Zanzibaris

jyfranca

JF-Expert Member
Oct 3, 2010
Many people including foreigners have viewed their views on Maalim Seif decision to concede defeat to Mohamed Shein. Majority of them praise Maalim Seif for his decion by showing that he is a strong leader who is willing to compromise for the sake of Zanzibaris. They go further by saying that Maalim Seif has sacrificed all just to bring Zanzibaris together. I cannot go unnoticed with this hypocrisy, I have to show my standing on the whole issue. Yes we praise Maalim Seif for the step he has taken, maybe he has avoided instability which was due to take place, had he not conceded defeat. My question is that where was Maalim Seif in 1995, 2000 and 2005 respectively? Was he in Mars? Many of you would remember that after all those three elections, Zanzibar experienced chaos, as a result innocent people lost their lives. Those innocent people who were killed cannot go unnoticed. We have to remember how they sacrificed for democracy. If Maalim Seif had conceded defeat then, then we would not have loss of innocent people. I am not suggesting that Maalim Seif had to concede defeat then, my point is that why Maalin Seif accepts result today and not then? The answer is simple because he was promised a vice presidency. If in 1995, Maalim Seif was given a vice president post, then he would have accepted result and perhaps people would not have started chaos. This shows that Maalim Seif does not deserve any praise at all; his praise is a vice president post. If we could talk of corruption, we could say that Maalim Seif has been bribed. How many Zanzibaris have put their trust to Maalim Seif believing that he would help them to achieve a true democracy that a winning candidate is declared a winner? And not the second winner is given a presidency. Maalim Seif has one ambition only to be a leader and he would sacrifice his principle to achieve it and good news is that he has been given a vice president title. There is no doubt in all four past elections, Maalim Seif has won all of them and there is no dispute on it. At the same time CCM cannot give him the country because it does not trust him, to CCM it is better he becomes the vice president because his influence would be so limited. My concern is that there are so many Zanzibaris who go to polls years after years for the expectation that one day the power of people would prevail and democracy would emerge a victorious, but Maalim Seif disappointed them by telling them that, yes I am a winner but they do not want to give me this country, so let me agree with them. Maalim Seif has betrayed Zanzibaris who had hope that one day CCM would surrender to the power of Zanzibaris. Mathematically CCM cannot win in Zanzibar because in Pemba CUF wins by 70% and in Zanzibar the margin of victory is so small it is like CCM 56 and CUF 44%. Let’s say Zanzibar has 60% of voters and Pemba 40%. Mathematically, CUF would get (70% x40%) and in Zanzibar CUF would get (60% x 44%) if you combine them you will see CUF wins by 50%-55% depend on turn out of voters. In this year election we have seen how CCM failed even to balance its victory in Zanzibar while Shein defeated Maalim Seif by more less than one percent, Lipumba defeated Kikwete by more than 8 percent. Is there any reasonable person believe those who voted for Lipumba would not vote for Seif? Who has more influence in Zanzibar Seif or Lipumba? It's obvious that Zanzibaris will vote for Seif before vote for Lipumba. This year election it was clear that Seif has won but CCM deprived him his victory and gave him a second position which is not a big deal as he will continue to be controlled by Pres. Shein. The message that Seif has sent to all CUF members and its fan is that if you’re a member of CUF no matter how good you are, you do not deserve to win election, may be you can be no.2. If countries like South Africa and the US let the black person winning election without deprive him his victory why not Zanzibar where all people are blacks? Before Maalim Seif had accepted the vice presidency he should have contemplated his implication. As one of people who wants democracy to prevail I do not praise Maalim Seif but I would say this, Maalim Seif has done what is the best for himself and not for the growth of democracy. For his decision CCM would continue to rule in Zanzibar and CUF would continue to be no.2 forever. Let democracy prevail

Lipumba na Sefu wameuza Si Yu Ef kwa JK!!!!!!!! Mliotegemea upinzani wa siyuef mlie tu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Chama cha upinzani kilichobaki ni CDM pekee!!!!Pipooooos Pawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass!!!!!!!!!! Mpaka kieleweke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people including foreigners have viewed their views on Maalim Seif decision to concede defeat to Mohamed Shein. Majority of them praise Maalim Seif for his decion by showing that he is a strong leader who is willing to compromise for the sake of Zanzibaris. They go further by saying that Maalim Seif has sacrificed all just to bring Zanzibaris together. I cannot go unnoticed with this hypocrisy, I have to show my standing on the whole issue. Yes we praise Maalim Seif for the step he has taken, maybe he has avoided instability which was due to take place, had he not conceded defeat. My question is that where was Maalim Seif in 1995, 2000 and 2005 respectively? Was he in Mars? Many of you would remember that after all those three elections, Zanzibar experienced chaos, as a result innocent people lost their lives. Those innocent people who were killed cannot go unnoticed. We have to remember how they sacrificed for democracy. If Maalim Seif had conceded defeat then, then we would not have loss of innocent people. I am not suggesting that Maalim Seif had to concede defeat then, my point is that why Maalin Seif accepts result today and not then? The answer is simple because he was promised a vice presidency. If in 1995, Maalim Seif was given a vice president post, then he would have accepted result and perhaps people would not have started chaos. This shows that Maalim Seif does not deserve any praise at all; his praise is a vice president post. If we could talk of corruption, we could say that Maalim Seif has been bribed. How many Zanzibaris have put their trust to Maalim Seif believing that he would help them to achieve a true democracy that a winning candidate is declared a winner? And not the second winner is given a presidency. Maalim Seif has one ambition only to be a leader and he would sacrifice his principle to achieve it and good news is that he has been given a vice president title. There is no doubt in all four past elections, Maalim Seif has won all of them and there is no dispute on it. At the same time CCM cannot give him the country because it does not trust him, to CCM it is better he becomes the vice president because his influence would be so limited. My concern is that there are so many Zanzibaris who go to polls years after years for the expectation that one day the power of people would prevail and democracy would emerge a victorious, but Maalim Seif disappointed them by telling them that, yes I am a winner but they do not want to give me this country, so let me agree with them. Maalim Seif has betrayed Zanzibaris who had hope that one day CCM would surrender to the power of Zanzibaris. Mathematically CCM cannot win in Zanzibar because in Pemba CUF wins by 70% and in Zanzibar the margin of victory is so small it is like CCM 56 and CUF 44%. Let's say Zanzibar has 60% of voters and Pemba 40%. Mathematically, CUF would get (70% x40%) and in Zanzibar CUF would get (60% x 44%) if you combine them you will see CUF wins by 50%-55% depend on turn out of voters. In this year election we have seen how CCM failed even to balance its victory in Zanzibar while Shein defeated Maalim Seif by more less than one percent, Lipumba defeated Kikwete by more than 8 percent. Is there any reasonable person believe those who voted for Lipumba would not vote for Seif? Who has more influence in Zanzibar Seif or Lipumba? It's obvious that Zanzibaris will vote for Seif before vote for Lipumba. This year election it was clear that Seif has won but CCM deprived him his victory and gave him a second position which is not a big deal as he will continue to be controlled by Pres. Shein. The message that Seif has sent to all CUF members and its fan is that if you're a member of CUF no matter how good you are, you do not deserve to win election, may be you can be no.2. If countries like South Africa and the US let the black person winning election without deprive him his victory why not Zanzibar where all people are blacks? Before Maalim Seif had accepted the vice presidency he should have contemplated his implication. As one of people who wants democracy to prevail I do not praise Maalim Seif but I would say this, Maalim Seif has done what is the best for himself and not for the growth of democracy. For his decision CCM would continue to rule in Zanzibar and CUF would continue to be no.2 forever. Let democracy prevail

I can only praise him, if he tells Tanzanians that his defeat is justified otherwise it is another way of embracing bad governance and the principle of might is right, which is the source of all evil!

Ukiandika fuata misingi ya uandishi ili watu waweze kusoma
If you cannot read, it's your problem. Do you criticize substance or style? By the way, if you cannot opine, leave the thread alone for people who can give their opinion. Peace no hate

You are right my brother, when Seif passed over his victory to Shein he had no mandate of the people who had elected him to that high office.

I mourn for the supporters who lost their lives in the name of fighting for free and fair elections. Seif Hamad is more than a traitor

Kwa nyinyi munaopenda kucriticise kila kitu, wakati wazanzibari wanakufa kwa marisasi nyinyi hamukuwepo kule.

It is the wearer who knows where the shoe pinches. Umewahi kusikia hii?

Apart from vice presidency, What else did ccm promise Malim Seif?
Next term will be his time for the presidency?
Maalim Seif must be punished for what he did to Zanzibaris.

Jyfranca,ur thread has point. Ccm yenyw ilchukua nchi kwa mapinduz chn ya asp. Mwendo ndo huo hakuna democracy pale itakayoweza chanua

Kwa nyinyi munaopenda kucriticise kila kitu, wakati wazanzibari wanakufa kwa marisasi nyinyi hamukuwepo kule.

binti Mkongwe unataka kuniambia kuwa watu wote walikufa na fujo zote zilizotokeaga Zanzibar ndio walikuwa wanapigania hili la Seif kuwa Makamu wa rais? ama kuna lingine?

Sijasema kwamba watu wote wamekufa kwa sababu ya kupigania hilo. Ila kwa muda wa miaka 15 hakukuwa na hatua yo yote mbele na huku wanaoathirika hasa ni wananchi wa kawaida. Siyo hao viongozi wa pande zote mbili. Na chama kimoja kimeshasema hakiwezi kutoa madaraka na hasa ukizingatia kwamba upande wa pili wa nchi huwa kinapata ushindi kiulaini.

Ndiyo maana ikaonekana kila siku kupiga ngumi ukuta ni kuishia kuumiza mkono wako mwenyewe maana ukuta hauumii. Ikabidi paweko na compromise.

Ni lazima hatua moja mbele ichukuliwe ili watu waangalie vipi kufanyia marekebisho hayo mengine. At least kwa mara hii maji ya pilipili na vipigo vya FFU na Janjaweed havikuwepo.

Tuchukulie kama Maalim Seif angelikataa matokeo, akaanza na kuitoitambua serikali baadaye akaitisha maandamano na migomo. Kinachofuatia hapo tunakijuwa sote - kumiminwa FFU na Jeshi la Wananchi ili kuzuwia fujo, kufumba midomo kwa risasi, wenye bahati wakimbilie misituni na nje ya nchi, wataobakia wasekwe lupango na kufunguliwa mashitaka ya uhaini, kubakwa kwa wanawake n.k.

Haya yametokea mara tatu na yangeliweza kutokea hata mara 10 ikiwa mwandishi wa makala hii mwenyewe amethibitisha kwamba CCM haitatoa nchi. Mimi sikatai wala kukubali kuwa CUF ilishinda na kunyimwa kura, lakini ninavyojuwa ni kuwa katika historia yote Zanzibar tangu kabla ya Mapinduzi hadi maridhiano ya mwaka jana, ni kuwa chama kimoja hakiwezi kushinda chengine kwa zaidi ya asilimia 5. Kwa hiyo, kwa ajili ya maisha ya wananchi (nasema wananchi nikiwa na maana ya Wazanzibari wote, iwe wa CUF au CCM, kwani wapo CCM walioathirika na hata kupoteza maisha mikononi mwa CUF), suluhisho angalau kwa sasa ni kuwepo kwa serikali ya namna hii.

Naamini kuwa demokrasia ni ukuwaji wa polepole wa mwamko wa wananchi na hili huchukua muda. Demokrasia si mapinduzi. Mtu mmoja hawezikuwadanganya watu wote mara zote. Pale wananchi wanapochoshwa na ahadi za uongo, uonevu, umasikini n.k., ndipo huamua kutoa kura ya adhabu, na hapo hata hilo jeshi linaloringia chama tawala hukaa ama pembeni au hujiunga na wananchi.

Hatuna budi kujifunza kutoka kwa wenzetu. Yanayotokea hivi sasa Guinea ya walioshindwa (au walioibiwa kura) kukataa matokeo, matokeo yake wameanza kuchinjana. Hata mimi mwanzo nilikuwa na mawazo kama ya mwandishi wa mada hii - Seif alikuwa wapi katika chaguzi tatu zilizopita? Kwa nini atowe uamuzi wa kubwaga manyanga leo na asifanye hivyo hapo kabla? Lakini kwa kutafakari falsafa ya "usipomudu kushindana nao, ungana nao".

Tumwache Seif na CUF, tuangalie kidogo TZ Bara na CDM. Chadema inasema imeibiwa kura (inawezekana ikawa kweli, wanajuwa wao zaidi na wachakachuaji wao) na uamuzi wao ni kutoyatambua matokeo na rais. Huu huu ndio ulokuwa msimamo wa CUF miaka 10 iliyopita, lakini Chadema, CUF na vyama vyote vya upinzani wakumbuke kuwa matatizo ya TZ ni katiba, kwa hiyo kuwepo kwao bungeni na kusisitiza kubadilishwa kwa katiba ndio njia pekee ya kidemokrasia ya kuleta demokrasia ya kweli, vyenginevyo CCM itaendelea kutawala TZ milele na milele.

Nina wasiwasi na hawa CUFA, DEAD or sorry CUF hata huku Bara. Subiria kama hujasikia Prof. Lipumba kapewa post na JK... wanafiki tu sio wa kuwaamini hawa...

Pia if you cannot beat them join them ha ha haaa!

Kama kweli Maalim Seif alishinda na akakubali kushindwa then ni jambo la kiusaliti la hali ya juu,
kwanza kwa nini awasumbue wananchi wampigie kura ilhali hana ujasiri wa kusimamia haki yao?.

Pili ni kwa nini ukubali kushindwa wakati umeshinda?, jee jukumu la kulinda Amani ya Zanzibar ni lake na CUF peke yake na si la Shein na CCM?.

Tatu, Kwa nini wakubali kuwasumbua wananchi kushiriki uchaguzi wa raisi, na kutumia pesa nyingi kwa uchaguzi huo ilhali baadae wanakuja kukana matokeo halali ya uchaguzi huo?.

Kwa maoni yangu mimi ninafikiri, CUF wamewasaliti wazanzibari, CUF wamechoka kupambana na kwa hivyo wameona bora wachukue vijicheo kujiliwaza huku wakiwaacha solemba wananchi waliowachagua. na hii itakuwa na athari kubwa ya kisiasa huko mbeleni, wananchi watawaona kama watu waoga, wasioweza kusimamia haki, wenye kujiangalia wao tu.

Wanaotoa hoja ya busara za Seif kulinda amani ya Wazanzibari kwa nini hawaoni haja ya CCM nao kuwa na busara hizo hizo, hivi mnadhani CCM ni wajinga hawajui madhara ya wanachokifanya?, kwa nini amani hiyo itoke kwa CUF tu?.

kiufupi hukombeleni Seif hafai kuwa raisi wa Zanzibar, kwa sababu kukubali kushindwa wakati umeshinda hakuna tofauti na kujifanya umeshinda wakati umeshindwa, na kile cha kwanza ni kibaya zaidi kwa sababu unayakata matumaini ya wale waliokuchagua na maana nzima ya demokrasia ya kweli inapotea.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom