lil Wayne 'breaks' iTunes sales record

OTIS

JF-Expert Member
Sep 7, 2011
_55229012_012600063-1.jpg

Lil Wayne's new album sold 964,000 copies in its first week on saleLil Wayne has set a new iTunes sales record with the release of his tenth studio album.
Total sales for the American rapper's 'Tha Carter IV' in its first week were 964,000 according to Nielson SoundScan.
But it reportedly 'easily broke' the iTunes' album sales record by selling around 345,000 copies in four days.
His manager Birdman, co founder of Cash Money Records, said: "We work for the people and we appreciate the love they give us back".
Sent to jailThe reported sales record marks a successful return for the troubled star.
In March 2010 Lil Wayne was sentenced to one year in New York's infamous Rykers Island jail for possession of a gun.
He was released early for good behaviour eight months later.
Then in August the rapper was involved in a skate boarding accident before a concert in St Louis.
Speaking on his Twitter account, the star said: "The Lou was good but I busted my head at the sk8park! 9stitches! Gnarly gash over my eye!
"Thx to u all for the concern but pls know that I will eventually take even harder falls if I wanna get better."

source,bbc.

Inasemekana birdman kanunua copy nyingi, ili waweze kuifunika Watch The Throne ya Jay Z and Kanye West. Hizi ni rumors.