Lets talk about Jazz

Game Theory

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2006
So who was/is your favorite artist and which album could you not live without? Do you think the Marsalis have been good or bad for jazz?

Having just rediscovered a Miles Davis recording of "So What" from the the In Person: Saturday Night At the Blackhawk. Vol 2 I had no one to turn to and say:

"Jesus Christ, if Paul Chambers was one of the most god awesome bass players of all time!" So I started a thread so I could say things such as that when the mood struck me. I hope others will do the same.

Does anyone know of a Miles recorded version of Nardis?

I'm into a guy called Dean Fraser...ushamsikia huyu mtu?Jazz in a reggae vibes that is.

Kisha pia I like Will Downing and a New Age guy by the name Craig Chaquico.

hizi tradiotional jazz michosho tu,mambo ni smooth jazz,GT na Abu-tz hebu mtafuteni Richard Elliot katika album yake Chill factor huko you tube alaafu niambieni.

I'm into a guy called Dean Fraser...ushamsikia huyu mtu.Jaz in a reggae vibes that is.

Kisha pia I like Will Downing and a New Age guy by the name Craig Chaquico.

hizi tradiotional jazz michosho tu,mambo ni smooth jazz,GT na Abu-tz hebu mtafuteni Richard Elliot katika album yake Chill factor huko you tube alaafu niambieni.

you two disappoint me.I thought nitakuwa naongea na REAL JAZZ ethusiasts kumbe naongea na KENNY G lovers!

excuse my pun lakini HATE this thing they call SMOOTH JAZZ or DINNAJAZZ (or whatever they call it nowadays)

and THIS "smooth jazz" bullshit is exactly the thing that gives "jazz" a bad name.

i fuc*ing HATE all this synthesized bullshit. and even more, i HATE jazz remakes of pop music like a trumpeter playing 'the greatest love of all.' WTF is that?

waiting patiently for Pundits entrance into the thread

you two disappoint me.I thought nitakuwa naongea na REAL JAZZ ethusiasts kumbe naongea na KENNY G lovers!

excuse my pun lakini HATE this thing they call SMOOTH JAZZ or DINNAJAZZ (or whatever they call it nowadays)

and THIS "smooth jazz" bullshit is exactly the thing that gives "jazz" a bad name.

i fuc*ing HATE all this synthesized bullshit. and even more, i HATE jazz remakes of pop music like a trumpeter playing 'the greatest love of all.' WTF is that?

waiting patiently for Pundits entrance into the thread

Stop hating...LOL!
Mwenzio, I'm Roots Reggae damu kwa hivyo when I was introduced to Dean Fraser playing Bob Marley's songs I was left breathless.

Meanwhile the power of Jazz is the Sax and who plays it well, gets the honors. Iwe Duke Ellington ama Kenny G...we still chillaxxing!

Where are the Jazz people by the way?

GT atakupiga mawe...LOL.
Wacha nikatizame collection yangu kama Richard Elliot yumo.

GT,nimekupata,traditional jazz could be good,but unfortunately,its a dying breed.smooth J,is the new jazz,it engulfs you in some unknown heavenly abode,hata kama bank manager wako is chasing you for debts,hii kitu smooth just makes you forget all these earthly woes.GT hook up with radio KOZ and let the flow take its natural cause.will all modern jazz followers,stand up and be counted

Ninamkumbuka Herbie Hancock in the 70s akiwa na kina Freddie Hubbard, Wayne Shorter, Paul Jackson, Ray Parker, Tonny Williams, Wah Wah Watson, Bennie Maupin na Buster Williams. Wengine ni kina Bob James (mchawi wa piano), Gary King (marehemu), Gary King alikuwa ni mmoja wa wachawi wa Bass duniani, Harvey Mason, King Curtis, Jimmy Smith, hawa wanamuziki bado wapo? Ningependa kujua kama ninaweza kupata DVD zao wakiwa wanapiga LIVE kwenye concerts. Bongo ni watu wachache sana wanaojua muziki wa JAZZ hasa vijana wa kizazi kipya na ni impossible kupta Jazz music kwenye music shops huku kwetu.

GT,paul chambers,may have been one hell of a bassist,but the greatest of them all,must be one Stanley Clarke (i stand to be corrected)