Leave the President alone, you insurbodinates

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
Leave presidential committee alone
Editor
Daily News; Tuesday,November 27, 2007 @00:01

OPPOSITION parties have been making inappropriate comments on the 11-member non-partisan committee appointed by President Kikwete two weeks ago to review the procedures of contracting investors in the mining sector.

The presidents move, promised before the CCM National Congress in Dodoma and delivered on just ten days later, won deserved public acclaim from all right thinking quarters.

The team led by seasoned lawyer, Judge Mark Bomani, has a clear mandate to thoroughly examine the models used to draw mining contracts gauging them against local and international parallels and recommend changes to maximize gain for the national economy and the people.

But, in typical fashion, the opposition parties put the inclusion of Chadema MP Kabwe Zitto in the team above all else and have been making strange noises about it.

Zittos appointment to the committee was reportedly an agenda for a Chadema central committee meeting last weekend, which endorsed it. Absolutely senseless, we think.

Zitto is, indeed, a Chadema member, but like UDP Chairman John Cheyo, they have been included in the team in their individual capacities and not as direct representatives of Chadema and UDP.

The President probably expects their contribution to the deliberations of the committee to reflect the view of the opposition camp, but that is far from saying they are envoys of their respective parties.

Chadema could be excused if it stopped at glorifying Zitto. However, a statement by its Chairman, Freeman Mbowe, went on to demand nullification of the appointment of three committee members for reasons best known to the opposition party.

Such naked insubordination to the President is unwarranted, to say the least. Opposition politicians have evidently been idling since they lost the general elections heavily but they surely could not have lost their heads as well.

The time lost in gossip and meddling in other peoples affairs could be gainfully used to organize party machinery and grow membership in preparation for the next election, which is not that far off.

My Take:

I have seen editorials, this one ranks among the worst! Can they let Lusekelo write and ed op once in a while.. kwa sababu whoever wrote this crap should be fired!!!

Yawezekana aliyeandika hiyo tahariri ni Waziri wa HAbari na si Mhariri wa Daily News! Siunajua hicho ni chombo cha Serikali?

Why should the president be left alone? He is the president therefore he can't be left alone unless he dies. He should have known better before vying for the position.

In a democratic society people have the right to give their views despite the fact that it is a President who elected the committee to investigate in mining contracts.
Mwanakijiji in his website has just informed us that the late President Mkapa and his Minister for Energy and Minerals actually owned the Kiwira Coal Mine while they were serving as President and Minister in the Tanzania government.
The question is what sorts of mining contract did Mkapa and Yona signed with Tanzania government?
Dr.Khamis has written in Mwanakijiji’s website the following:

“8 comments

at 04:43AM Tuesday on November 27, 2007, Dr.Khamis said:

Mwanakijiji sasa unaamini maneno yangu ya awali kwamba kuna viongozi (Mawaziri/Rais) ambao wanamiliki migodi Tanzania! Bado utayaona mengi si ya Musa tu bali hata yale ya Fir-auna.

Kiongozi kama Rais wa nchi na Waziri wake ambaye ni Waziri wa Nishati na Madini ni watu ambao ni mwiko kwao kununua hata na kuwa na shares katika mgodi wowote Tanzania. Kwa kisheria Mkapa na Yona wanaweza kushitakiwa na serikali ya Tanzania kwamba wao ni wezi wameiba mgodi huo.

Mgodi wa Kiwira ulikuwa chini ya STAMICO na ulianzishwa kwa msaada wa kutoka China.

Mkapa pamoja na Yona wanafahamu wazi hayo makaa ya mawe ya eneo hilo la kiwira yanaweza kuchimbwa kwa muda wa miaka kadhaa( nadhani kama sikosei ore reserves za makaa yake yaweza kuchimbwa kwa miaka 60 mpaka 100, inategemea ni tani ngapi kwa mwaka zitachimbwa).

Makaa haya yanaweza kutoa “gas” amabyo itatengeneza umeme sio kwa Tanzania tu bali kwa nchi jirani pia. Umeme huu ikiuzwa ungeliweza kuisaidia nchi Tanzania na kuounguza ile 40 budget dependence kutoka kwa wafadhili.

Rais J.Kikwete ahakikishe mgodi huo wa Kiwira uko chini ya Serikali ya Tanzania na kuurusdisha tena katika ulinzi wa STAMICO.

Rias gani anakuwa MWIZI MKUBWA WA TAIFA. HANA HATA AIBU. NDIO MAANA SISI WASWAHILI TUNASEMA:
KIKULACHO KI NGUONI MWAKO. Hao hao Ma-Rais, Mawaziri, Mawakili ndio wezi wakubwa wa mali za Tanzani.

Kuna wengine vigogo wa CCM wanamiliki migodi ya dhahabu na ndio maana hii mikataba inapigwa chenga kila siku. Hata wakichaguo Tume kama 100 hazitaambua kitu chochote. Wanadanganya watanzania tu!

Mwanakijiji tafuta ni vigogo gani wa serikali wamo katika Tanzanian Royalty Exploration ambayo inamiliki eneo kubwa la kuzunguka Lake Victoria kwa utafiti wa dhahabu
So are Mkapa and Yona also Investors!
Which mine in Tanzania is owned by President Kikwete?
The President is responsible for all matters in Tanzania so are Tanzanians!

Hey...they also have the right to tell people to leave him alone just like you have the right to criticize, dog, trash, and call him all kind of names. That's called democracy people...

Hey...they also have the right to tell people to leave him alone just like you have the right to criticize, dog, trash, and call him all kind of names. That's called democracy people...

Nyani, to me that is not the problem.. ni hoja "why" we should leave him alone.. let me sit down and disect this editorial and you'll see (if you haven't yet) why this editorial is pure bs...

Nyani, to me that is not the problem.. ni hoja "why" we should leave him alone.. let me sit down and disect this editorial and you'll see (if you haven't yet) why this editorial is pure bs...

I get what you're saying but that is the beauty of democracy, ain't it? I'm all for you disecting it and show us why it is unadulterated bs. After you do that, if they are smart enough to see what they did wrong maybe they will come back with stronger arguments next time around...for they'll know we ain't no fools...

Hivi kweli ni nini hatima ya huu mgodi wa kiwira ?au ndio kelele za mlango hazimzuhi mwenye kiota kulala ?
Che Mkapa hebu njoo utuambie kuwa wewe na rafiki yako yona mnakabidhi huu mgodi kwa wanyakyusa.

As copied from Daily news

Such naked insubordination to the President is unwarranted, to say the least. Opposition politicians have evidently been idling since they lost the general elections heavily but they surely could not have lost their heads as well.

The definition I have for the word insubordination makes the whole thing here to suck. This aint democracy. Referring to your opponents as insubordinates is more of a threat than an argument!

The only defence they can have for using this word is insanity and nothing else!

Mwanakijiji

Naona kwanza inabidi wajifunze lugha fasaha.

Frm the Oxford English dictionary insubordination means "refusing to obey orders or submit to authority", Je ni kweli as per the editor point of view, kwamba wapinzani wamekuwa wakifanya hivyo??????? Mimi naona hoja hii ya mhariri ni ya kilevi na kujipendekeza kwa JK!!!!!!!!!!

whoever wrote this crap should be fired!!!

I concur! It looks rather more of a statement than an editorial!

"The president’s move, promised before the CCM National Congress in Dodoma and delivered on just ten days later, won deserved public acclaim from all right thinking quarters."

Promised to who? Mwananchi or CCM National Congress?
In other words this editor is cynical to JF and other walalahoi!
If you tear this guy apart- Alas!
green tupu

..."Such naked insubordination to the President is unwarranted, to say the least..."
Hivi mwananchi wa kawaida anaweza kuwa insubordinate kwa Raisi hata kama hajachaguliwa kufanya serikalini?:confused:

"Opposition politicians have evidently been idling since they lost the general elections..."
Idle? if this was true would the idleness warranted the President to act as He did?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Frm the Oxford English dictionary insubordination means "refusing to obey orders or submit to authority", Je ni kweli as per the editor point of view, kwamba wapinzani wamekuwa wakifanya hivyo??????? Mimi naona hoja hii ya mhariri ni ya kilevi na kujipendekeza kwa JK!!!!!!!!!!

Yaani Nyambala nakuambia hapa bado natafuta kujua kama huyu editor alikuwa hajui maana ya neno hilo au amelitumia kwa makusudi kama vile serikalini watu wamekuwa wakieneza propaganda kuwa wapinzani wa serikali wanataka tu kuleta fujo na uvunjifu wa amani!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom