Landmarks za Tanzania na Majina ya Viongozi

Well said Kichuguu, siku hizi watu wakiraka kujustify white elephants projects wanazipa jina la Nyerere

Tuna wazee wetu wa kale kabisa akina Mkwawa, Kinjekitile, Machifu wengi tu akiba Rumanyika, Songea, Marealle, Abushiri na wengineo wengi huoni wakienziwa, kila kitu kizuri kinaitwa jinala Nyerere.

1. uwanja wa ndege wa JKN
2. Bwawa la umeme la JKN
3.Ukumbi wa mikutano wa JKN
4. Uwanja wa Kambarage
5. Chuo cha Nyerere (Kivukoni)
6. Daraja la Nyerere (Kigamboni)
7. Barabara ya Nyerere(Pugu road)
8. Campus ya Mwalimu Nyerere (UDSM)
Na mengine mengi

Ina maana sisi kama Taifa tuna uhaba wa heroes wa kuenzi majina yao?
Kina Kinjekitile na Bw Heri wangepewa majina ya Ngome za kijeshi

Ushauri mzuri katika Muktadha usiofaa ni dharau kufuta jina la mwanzo na kuweka jipya bora wasubirie Vijengwe vipya kisha wataandikwa majina yao hapo inavutia na kupendeza mfano Aboud Jumbe Stadium, Dodoma au Jakaya Kikwete International Airport, Msalato.

Naona hapa mnajaribu kutumia lugha ya kidiplomasia lakini reading between the lines lengo lenu kuu ni kupalilia Udini na uvisiwani,kwani Zanzibar kuna landmark ngapi zinamuenzi Nyerere zaidi ya kumuenzi Fidel Castro na Mao-Tse-Tung!!

I think you missed my point. Naming a learning institution after someone isn’t the issue here. All the examples of university names you cited don’t contain the flaw that exists in the “Kikwete University of Dodoma”. A name such as University of XYZ at ——- is usually used by universities that are an integral part of a university system with multiple autonomous universities. A solitary university such as UDOM is not appropriate for such naming style!
I think you are arguing on trivial things and I would not want to go out of the topic. Understand that being illogical is different from sounding badly. The two points you made are not true, and I will give you counterexamples.

Systems of multiple autonomous universities do not necessarily use "at" as you want to make us believe; if you look for American Universities all over the world, they are called "American University of somewhere", for example "American University of Beirut," American University of Rome, etc. Similarly, you can find Catholic Universities such as "Catholic University of Cameroon", "Catholic University of America", etc

Naming a University by combininga name of one personn and a name of a place is not illogical and there is no flawa! There are many universities that are named just like that. Here are some examples: "Borys Hrinchenko Kyiv University", it combines the name of "Borys Hrinchenko" and the name of the city of Kiev; "Chaminade University of Honolulu ", it combines the name of "Father William Joseph Chaminade" and the city of Honolulu where it is located; "Chea Sim University of Kamchay Mear", it combines the name of the longtime Cambodian politician "Chea Sim" and the name of the place where it is located Kamchay Mear; and "David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia" is named after "King David IV the Builder of Georgia 9David Agmashenebeli)" and the country of Georgia where it is located.

You better suggest that the naming does not sound well instead of calling it illogical!

Hujajibu mada; nadhani na wewe unaongea kwa hisia tu. Unajuwa kuwa iwapo zile kanuni za Newton hazingepewa jina lake kweli wewe leo ungekuwa na unajua kuwa kulikuwa na kijana anaitwa Newton? Au kama jina la malkia Victoria lisingepewa ziwa letu ungekuwa unajuwa kuwa kulikuwa na malkia Victoria?

Historia huandikwa kwa namna tofauti na wahusika wenyewe, lakini sisi tunapotunza historia zao tunatumia njia nyingi pia ikiwa ni pamoja na kutunza maandiko yao, hotuba zao, picha zao, na majina yao; landamarks ni kwa ajili ya kutunza majina yao.
Kutokuandikwa ktk landmarks haisaidii kufifisha kazi za mhusika wakati nyenzo nyingine za kumbukumbu zimefanya kazi.
Unaweza kumuua mtu mwema na msemakweli ila huwezi kuua wema au ukweli aliofanya.

landmarks kubwa wanayotakiwa kuacha viongozi wetu ni pamoja na;
Uongozi unaofuata sheria na katiba
Kutii mihimili mingine
Kuruhusu demokrasia ifuate mkondo wake (kutokuua demokrasia)
Kutokubana vyombo vya habari
Kutokuwepo kwa upendeleo wa kikanda/kikabila

Kutokuandikwa ktk landmarks haisaidii kufifisha kazi za mhusika wakati nyenzo nyingine za kumbukumbu zimefanya kazi.
Unaweza kumuua mtu mwema na msemakweli ila huwezi kuua wema au ukweli aliofanya.
Hiyo yako ni thesis tofauti kabisa na tunayojaribu kuongelea hapa; ndiyo maana nikasema hujajibu mada. Kama mtu amefanya jambo jema lakini hakuwekwa kwenye landamark yoyote, inawezekana miaka mingi ijayo atawekwa-tunachotaka ni kuwa na utaratibu mzuri wa kufanya hivyo. Bibi Titi Mohammed alishitakiwa kwa kesi ya uhaini na akafungwa maisha, ingawa baadaye Nyerer alimwondoa gerezani na mwishoni sana naye akapewa barabara ya Bibi Titi Mohammed. Mambo mengine ni swala la muda tu.

landmarks kubwa wanayotakiwa kuacha viongozi wetu ni pamoja na;
Uongozi unaofuata sheria na katiba
Kutii mihimili mingine
Kuruhusu demokrasia ifuate mkondo wake (kutokuua demokrasia)
Kutokubana vyombo vya habari
Kutokuwepo kwa upendeleo wa kikanda/kikabila
Wewe unaongelea short term frustrations za kisiasa tu; lakini mimi ninajaribu kuangalia mambo ya muda mrefu. Kumbuka magufuli hatakuwepo miaka sita ijayo lakini bado tutaendelea kuwa landmarks mbalimbali zitakazohitaji majina!

Kwahiyo hizo landmarks zitasaidia nini bibi yako kule kijijini.

Landmarks kubwa ya kiongozi yeyote wa Tanzania ni kufuata misingi ya uongozi na katiba. Hapo hatasahaulika miongoni mwa wananchi hata kizazi cha 12.
Umeuliza swali halafu unalijibu mwenyewe

I think you are arguing on trivial things and I would not want to go out of the topic. Understand that being illogical is different from sounding badly. The two points you made are not true, and I will give you counterexamples.

Systems of multiple autonomous universities do not necessarily use "at" as you want to make us believe; if you look for American Universities all over the world, they are called "American University of somewhere", for example "American University of Beirut," American University of Rome, etc. Similarly, you can find Catholic Universities such as "Catholic University of Cameroon", "Catholic University of America", etc

Naming a University by combininga name of one personn and a name of a place is not illogical and there is no flawa! There are many universities that are named just like that. Here are some examples: "Borys Hrinchenko Kyiv University", it combines the name of "Borys Hrinchenko" and the name of the city of Kiev; "Chaminade University of Honolulu ", it combines the name of "Father William Joseph Chaminade" and the city of Honolulu where it is located; "Chea Sim University of Kamchay Mear", it combines the name of the longtime Cambodian politician "Chea Sim" and the name of the place where it is located Kamchay Mear; and "David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia" is named after "King David IV the Builder of Georgia 9David Agmashenebeli)" and the country of Georgia where it is located.

You better suggest that the naming does not sound well instead of calling it illogical!

You’re arguing for the sake of it. The examples you’re citing aren’t solitary institutions like UDOM; there are more than one of each. The first question I asked you was, where else do we have a “Kikwete University” to warrant renaming UDOM as “Kikwete University at Dodoma”? There must be more than one “Kikwete University” to warrant the use of that naming style!

The name “Kikwete University at Dodoma” is just as illogical as a name “Kilimanjaro Region at Moshi” or “Mara Region at Musoma”.

Mi naona Ni ushamba tu

Kila mradi una jina la kiongozi

Disgust halafu jina lina jirudi rudia

Hivi Ina maana hakuna hata Norma citizen ambao sio wanasiasa waliifanyia makubwa nchi hii mchango wako ukaheshimiwa kwa kuzipata baadhi ya hizo landmark majina yao

Wanasiasa bhana wabinfsi sana

Saivi Kuna Jokate mwegelo secondary schools just imagine
Daraja la Mfugale

I think you missed my point. Naming a learning institution after someone isn’t the issue here. All the examples of university names you cited don’t contain the flaw that exists in the “Kikwete University of Dodoma”. A name such as University of XYZ at ——- is usually used by universities that are an integral part of a university system with multiple autonomous universities. A solitary university such as UDOM is not appropriate for such naming style!
I hope he gets the point.

You’re arguing for the sake of it. The examples you’re citing aren’t solitary institutions like UDOM; there are more than one of each. The first question I asked you was, where else do we have a “Kikwete University” to warrant renaming UDOM as “Kikwete University at Dodoma”? There must be more than one “Kikwete University” to warrant the use of that naming style!

The name “Kikwete University at Dodoma” is just as illogical as a name “Kilimanjaro Region at Moshi” or “Mara Region at Musoma”.
Do you know how many "Chaminade Universities" are there? and why do we have "Chaminade University of Honolulu"?
I want you to know that a name is just a name, you urge about putting logic in naming but I have listed some of the counterexamples that prove you wrong. And I can pull a long list of different names of institutions that will add to that fact: names are not sentences, they are not sentence, in which logic is required. We could remove conjuctions and simply say Kikwete Univesity Dodoma, and it will still be a name as long as that is what is put the the institution's charter or any relevant instrument.
1608621573634.png

I suggested Kikwete University of Dodoma, you said it is illogical, and I said may be Kikwete University at Dodoma, and you jump another end; it is just a name.

Ushauri mzuri katika Muktadha usiofaa ni dharau kufuta jina la mwanzo na kuweka jipya bora wasubirie Vijengwe vipya kisha wataandikwa majina yao hapo inavutia na kupendeza mfano Aboud Jumbe Stadium, Dodoma au Jakaya Kikwete International Airport, Msalato.
Kabisa, ina maana hata jengo la bunge nalo libatizwe kwa kuliita jina la mtu? Mie sipendelei sana huu utamaduni wa kubadilisha majina ASILI kwa majina ya watu. Mwisho tutabadili hata majina ya vyama vya siasa sasa.

Kabisa, ina maana hata jengo la bunge nalo libatizwe kwa kuliita jina la mtu? Mie sipendelei sana huu utamaduni wa kubadilisha majina ASILI kwa majina ya watu. Mwisho tutabadili hata majina ya vyama vya siasa sasa.
Jengo la Bunge pale Dar es Salaam lilikuwa linaitwa Tangayika Legco House, likabadilishwa na kuitwa Karimjee Hall kumuenzi Spika Abdulkarim Karimjee. Chama ccha TAA kilibadilishwa jina kikawa TANU na baadaye kikawa CCM; Azania ilibadilika kuwa Deutch Ostafrika, nayo ilibadilika tena kuwa Tanganyika, na baadaye ikawa Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania!

Hey Arnold! change is good! FutureTech Industries

Do you know how many "Chaminade Universities" are there? and why do we have "Chaminade University of Honolulu"?
I want you to know that a name is just a name, you urge about putting logic in naming but I have listed some of the counterexamples that prove you wrong. And I can pull a long list of different names of institutions that will add to that fact: names are not sentences, they are not sentence, in which logic is required. We could remove conjuctions and simply say Kikwete Univesity Dodoma, and it will still be a name as long as that is what is put the the institution's charter or any relevant instrument.
View attachment 1656717

I suggested Kikwete University of Dodoma, you said it is illogical, and I said may be Kikwete University at Dodoma, and you jump another end; it is just a name.

Names aren’t just names; they have to make sense! You’re citing examples that you really know nothing about.

As far as I know, there’s no “Kikwete University” anywhere else. So if you want UDOM to be renamed to honor Kikwete, then it should just be called “Kikwete University”. As I previously said, calling it “Kikwete University at Dodoma” would be just as absurd as calling Kilimanjaro Region “Kilimanjaro Region at Moshi”!

• Thanks
Reactions: T11
Names aren’t just names; they have to make sense! You’re citing examples that you really know nothing about.

As far as I know, there’s no “Kikwete University” anywhere else. So if you want UDOM to be renamed to honor Kikwete, then it should just be called “Kikwete University”. As I previously said, calling it “Kikwete University at Dodoma” would be just as absurd as calling Kilimanjaro Region “Kilimanjaro Region at Moshi”!
That is an "illogical" argument if you believe that I don't know examples that I gave you, and especially since now you seem to be running away from real the statement that you called illogical. I did not create those names but they do exist in a catalog of world universities, and I even gave you a website of one of them.

While I agree with you that a name has to have a sensible meaning, I wonder why you don't want to have a name that reflects both the name of founder (Kikwete) and the place (Dodoma) where the institution is located. And do not run to the peripherals but stick with the original proposal of Kikwete University of Dodoma which you called "illogical!"

In your examples, for instance, you use Moshi in Kilimanjaro. That is a terrible example because Moshi is a place in a wide area of Kilimanjaro, and you don't seem to understand that Kikwete is not a place in Dodoma, instead Kikwete is a former president and we want to put the two together in one name; I hope you can see why your example are irrelevant.

My Idea was to not erase the name of Dodoma from UDOM but also link it with Kikwete. As I was trying to throw out different ideas on hope that it is a healthy discussion, I see you not discussing anything but just arguing, so go back to the one you called "illogical" and stick there and help us how to keep the name of Dodoma but also include Kikwete in the honor; tell us why Kikwete University of Dodoma (KUDOM) is "illogical."

Always logic has to do a with a complete sentence; you can't say a name like "Julius Nyerere of Tanzania" is illogical! Be sensible no to overgeneralize things.

View attachment 1656717

Chaminade iko chini ya Kanisa Katoliki, chini ya Marian; wana vyuo vidogo vingi nchi mbalimbali na hata Kenya kipo; kwa hawa kuita "Chaminade University of Honolulu" ni sawa kwa kuwa wanaweza kufungua/ kujenga chuo kikuu sehemu nyingine.

Chaminade iko chini ya Kanisa Katoliki, chini ya Marian; wana vyuo vidogo vingi nchi mbalimbali na hata Kenya kipo; kwa hawa kuita "Chaminade University of Honolulu" ni sawa kwa kuwa wanaweza kufungua/ kujenga chuo kikuu sehemu nyingine.

This guy is completely clueless. Anadhani ni swala la kuita vyovyote anavyotaka!

Back
Top Bottom