Labour's Shadow Foreign Minister:Tanzania's opposition parties must be allowed a voice

Salary Slip

JF-Expert Member
Apr 3, 2012
Monday 1 April 2019 / 10:24 AM Foreign Policy / Liz McInnes

Liz McInnes MP, Labour’s Shadow Foreign Minister, responding to news in Tanzania, said:

“It is deeply troubling to hear that the National Assembly of Tanzania has passed legislation that severely restricts political activities and gives extensive powers to a government-run registrar to de-register parties.

“Opposition politicians should have the freedom to challenge the government and not fear imprisonment for expressing their views – particularly as there are local elections this year and a general election next year. It is critical that Tanzania does not slide into authoritarianism.

“Furthermore, the government’s actions are having a detrimental impact on the nation’s economy, as aid donors and foreign investors are worried about the unpredictability of the current political environment. President Magufuli has made efforts to improve the fortunes of the region’s third-biggest economy since his election in 2015, but should be wary of the effect of this new legislation.”

Other day dont copy and paste in such a way. I see good arguementations but copy and paste is the problem

Other day dont copy and paste in such a way. I see good arguementations but copy and paste is the problem
Plagiarism and copy and paste in not an issue in academic institutions, the issue is percentage of Plagiarism and copy and paste when you test it according to institution acceptance. Therefore for this forum copy and paste is allowed and not an issue

Only total isolation by international community will help bring this government to its senses.

The respect for the rule of law and adherence to democratic values are the cardinal principles of good governance that need to be upheld by any government governed by reason.

Plagiarism and copy and paste in not an issue in academic institutions, the issue is percentage of Plagiarism and copy and paste when you test it according to institution acceptance. Therefore for this forum copy and paste is allowed and not an issue
Is this forum academic institution??

But I don't see any problem here the message is bold and clear that Magufuli's kind of leadership worries foreign investors.

Back
Top Bottom