Kwanini Mwl Nyerere aliwauzia Waingereza Mgodi wa Almasi wa Mwadui Shinyanga?

Ritz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 1, 2011
Jump to: navigation, search
Williamson diamond mine (Mwadui)
Williamson diamond mine​

Location in Tanzania
17px-WMA_button2b.png
03°31′S 033°36′E / 3.51667°S 33.6°E / -3.51667; 33.6Coordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
Click the blue globe to open an interactive map.​
03°31′S 033°36′E / 3.51667°S 33.6°E / -3.51667; 33.6
CountryTanzania
Owner
CompanyPetra Diamonds (75%)
Government of Tanzania (25%)
Production
ProductsDiamonds (300,000 carats per annum)
History
Opened1940
The Williamson Diamond Mine (also known as the Mwadui mine) is a diamond mine south of Mwanza in Tanzania; it became well known as the first significant diamond mine outside of South Africa. The mine was established in 1940 by Dr. John Williamson, a Canadian geologist,[SUP][1][/SUP] and has been continuous operation since then, making it one of the oldest continuously operating diamond mines in the world. Over its lifetime it has produced over 19 million carats (3,800 kg) of diamonds. The Williamson mine, once owned by its namesake Dr. Williamson and later nationalized by the government of Tanzania, is now majority owned by Petra Diamonds (75% ownership), with the government of Tanzania owning the remaining 25%..

Wanabodi.

Kulikuwa na umuhimu gani Mwl Julius Nyerere, Rais wa kwanza wa Tanzania kuwauzia Waingereza Mgodi wetu wa Almasi kule Mwadui Shinyanga. Inasemakekana kwa sasa hivi serikali ya Tanzania hawapati chochote kwenye huo mgodi wa Almasi Mwadui Shinyanga.

Kumbe hii tabia ya kuuza mali za Watanzania zimeanza miaka mingi sana. cha kusikitisha wabunge wetu na wanaharakati wetu ili suala wamelikalia kimya wameshindwa hata kuhoji.

Wanabodi.

Kulikuwa na umuhimu gani Mwl Julius Nyerere, Rais wa kwanza wa Tanzania kuwauzia Waingereza Mgodi wetu wa Almasi kule Mwadui Shinyanga. Inasemakekana kwa sasa hivi serikali ya Tanzania hawapati chochote kwenye huo mgodi wa Almasi Mwadui Shinyanga.

Kumbe hii tabia ya kuuza mali za Watanzania zimeanza miaka mingi sana. cha kusikitisha wabunge wetu na wanaharakati wetu ili suala wamelikalia kimya wameshindwa hata kuhoji.

Mkuu Ritz huna uhakika na habari hii.. Huoni hiyo imeondoa ladha ya hoja yako kuwa debatable..?

[h=2]Production[/h] The Williamson diamond mine is now characterized by low ore grade of about 6 carats (1,200 mg) per hundred tons (12 mg/t) of ore. This is a dramatic decrease from its production in the mine's early life; during the first 25 years of operation, average ore grade was about 30 carats (6.0 g) per hundred tons (60 mg/t); in the first few years of full operation grades were as high as 62 carats (12 g) per hundred tons (124 mg/t), or 10 times the ore realized today. Production in the 1950s and 1960s was usually between 500,000 and 750,000 carats (100 and 150 kg) per year; the peak year of production was 1966, when 924,984 carats (185 kg) were produced. Today production levels for all Williamson mine diamond recovery activities is about 300,000 carats (60 kg) per year.
Notable stones produced at the Williamson mine include the 54.5 carats (10.9 g) Williamson pink diamond which was presented to then-Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip upon their wedding in 1947,[SUP][1][/SUP] and a 388 carats (78 g) diamond found in 1990.

[h=2]History[/h] The diamond industry of Tanzania in the 1930s was characterized by a scattering of very small mining operations that were insignificant in the economic makeup of the country. Dr. Williamson was hired by one of these operations, the Mabuki diamond mine, in 1938 and used it as his base for diamond prospecting in the region. In 1940 he discovered the Mwadui kimberlite pipe;[SUP][1][/SUP] over the next several years he developed the mine, although he was hindered by difficulty in procuring equipment and raising funds due to World War II. By the 1950s he had developed the Williamson diamond mine into the first significant diamond mine in Tanzania, with state-of-the-art equipment and a labor force of several thousand. The mine was noted for numerous technical innovations in diamond mining which were developed under Williamson's watch. Williamson closely managed the mine until his death in 1958 at the age of 50.
Williamson's heirs sold the mine[SUP][1][/SUP] for about £4 million GBP to an equal partnership between De Beers and the colonial government of Tanganyika on August 13, 1958. In 1971, a decade after Tanzania's independence, the government nationalized the mine. Although details are unknown, De Beers and other diamond industry players speculate that mine performance deteriorated significantly in the 1980s under government management. Suspected causes of this are a decrease in ore grade as the mine's richer deposits were worked out, loss of skilled foreign management and engineering staff, a bloated labor force resulting from government employment efforts, and inadequate capital investment in the mine's equipment. Perhaps as a result of this poor performance, Tanzania invited De Beers to purchase back into the mine, which the company decided to do. In 1994 De Beers bought 75% of the Williamson mine, with Tanzania retaining the remaining shares.
Since 1994, De Beers has acted to improve the performance of the Williamson diamond mine by trimming work force, making needed capital investments in equipment, and bringing in expertise in technology, technique, and exploration. Although the mine is still viewed as a marginal performer due to its low ore grade, De Beers has identified several possible avenues for development that would keep the mine operating well into the future.

Mkuu labda nikuulize wewe nani mmiliki wa Mgodi wa Almasi kule Mwadui Shinyanga?

Tatizo Mkuu sio nani ni mmiliki.. Naomba unielewe.. Umedai huku kwa kutumia neno "inasemekana" kwamba serikali ya Tanzania haipati chochote sasa.. Haya ni madai mazito lakini yameuliwa na hilo neno "inasemekana".. Ninaamini unafahamu lugha ya kiswahili vizuri na maana zima ya neno hilo.. Ndo nikarudi kwenye swali langu.. Hoja yako itajadiliwaje wakati haina uhakika..?

Nilisikitika Ngeleja aliposema mgodi unajiendesha kwa hasara! CCM wezi wakubwa.

kampuni ya Petra

[h=3]Tanzania[/h] Petra agreed to acquire the Williamson Mine in Tanzania in September 2008 from De Beers.[SUP][10][/SUP] The Williamson mine, which began production in 1940, has a reputation for the production of large, high value diamonds, with special stones (classified as larger than 10.8 carats (2.2 g)) produced regularly. The mine is also famed for its pink diamonds. In 1947, the mine's founder Dr. John Williamson presented Princess Elizabeth (later Elizabeth II) with a flawless 54-carat (11 g) pink diamond (the Williamson Pink Diamond) on her wedding day. The eventual 23.6-carat (4.7 g) cut diamond became the centre stone in the Williamson Diamond brooch and is supposedly the basis for the Pink Panther diamond in the film of the same name.
The Williamson Mine is currently thought to have a resource of 40,000,000 carats (8,000 kg) (995 million tonnes of kimberlite). It has a maximum mining depth of 205 metres and a very low stripping ratio. Energy and Minerals Minister William Ngeleja said Petra's entry is "an opportunity to breathe new life into Williamson Mine and Tanzania's diamond mining sector."

Having worked at the mines before, Nyerere ( am thinking ) didn't encourage exploration or mine comissioning (sp) even after exploration,

This mine was nationalized na Mwadui was run by native Tanzanians, well they failed...so they had to resort to partnership

Sasa hivi most of the Tanzanians who were trained and worked at some of our giants like GGM,Barrick etc are now expats in other countries ( about the only good thing madini yetu yametufanyia )

Mining boom in TZ imeanza baada ya sera za ubinafsishaji kupitishwa and UDSM even took the trouble and started mining engineering courses because most of early mining engineers who were recruited to work in the mines were either trained in Zambia or China

However, this mine was already underway, it was on production...you can't just shut the whole thing, so it was nationalized and I think early days were for technology transfer most companies that were nationalized were run by foreigners and TZ counterparts, however mining open cast or underground technology was new then and since the mine had already started production nadhani concession ya kurun parallel was best ila hawakuuziwa mpaka after Mwalimu era

Much as you hate him with all your being, he's got Mwalimu day and the whole nation will rest until adviced otherwise

Courage

Jiuulize baada ya uhuru vitu vingi Nyerere alitaafisha kwa nini aliwaachia wazungu huu mgodi?

Wewe ni mpuuzi na huna hoja inayoeleweka unatangatanga na hoja, mara ooh kwanini Nyerere aliuza mgodi wa mwadui lakini kuna jamaa akakuumbua kuwa mgodi ulianzishwa 1940, tena wakati huo Nyerere akiwa na miaka 18 na Tanganyika haijapata uhuru so it's irrelevant kabisa! sasa umeamua kugeukia kwenye hoja ya kwanini alipoingia madarakani hakutaifisha! tukuelewe hoja yako ni ipi kati ya kwanini aliuza(which is nonsense) au kwanini hakutaifisha? kwa suala la kutotaifisha sijui jibu utalipataje kutoka kwa marehemu ila nakushauri usiumize sana kichwa chako kujua maamuzi ya marehemu bali jaribu kuwauliza mwinyi na mkapa ambao wako hai ni kwanini nao hawakutaifisha au vizuri zaidi kumuuliza kikwete ambaye ndio rais wa sasa kwanini naye mpaka leo hajataifisha!? au hutoridhika mpaka marehemu afufuke akujibu!

Tabia ya viongozi kuficha Fedha walizokwapua ilianza Mwaka 1970 na Tafiti ya kimataifa ya masuala ya wizi wa kimamlaka imeonesha Awamu ya Nne inaongoza ikifuatiwa na awamu ya 3 then awamu ya kwanza lakini kuna Tumbili wanaamini wizi ulianzia awamu ya pili! Awamu ya kwanza ingekuwa na uwazi kama ulikuwepo kuanzia awamu ya pili tungejua mengi hata hivi sasa tungekuwa na RTD, mzalendo na uhuru pekee tungeomba mchakato wa kumtangaza Jakaya mwenye heri uanze sasa!

Tabia ya viongozi kuficha Fedha walizokwapua ilianza Mwaka 1970 na Tafiti ya kimataifa ya masuala ya wizi wa kimamlaka imeonesha Awamu ya Nne inaongoza ikifuatiwa na awamu ya 3 then awamu ya kwanza lakini kuna Tumbili wanaamini wizi ulianzia awamu ya pili! Awamu ya kwanza ingekuwa na uwazi kama ulikuwepo kuanzia awamu ya pili tungejua mengi hata hivi sasa tungekuwa na RTD, mzalendo na uhuru pekee tungeomba mchakato wa kumtangaza Jakaya mwenye heri uanze sasa tunadanganywa elimu ilikuwa bure lakini wilaya nzima wanafaulu shule ya msingi watoto wawili, na kama elimu ilikuwa bwerere uhaba wa sasa wa wataalam kwenye kila tasnia umeanzia alipong'atuka?

Ritz, aligundua angeuacha mngekuja kujigawia kama mali zenu binafsi. Afadhali Nyerere aliyeuza kuliko watu nyie mnaojitwalia mchana kweupeee

Wewe ni mpuuzi na huna hoja inayoeleweka unatangatanga na hoja, mara ooh kwanini Nyerere aliuza mgodi wa mwadui lakini kuna jamaa akakuumbua kuwa mgodi ulianzishwa 1940, tena wakati huo Nyerere akiwa na miaka 18 na Tanganyika haijapata uhuru so it's irrelevant kabisa! sasa umeamua kugeukia kwenye hoja ya kwanini alipoingia madarakani hakutaifisha! tukuelewe hoja yako ni ipi kati ya kwanini aliuza(which is nonsense) au kwanini hakutaifisha? kwa suala la kutotaifisha sijui jibu utalipataje kutoka kwa marehemu ila nakushauri usiumize sana kichwa chako kujua maamuzi ya marehemu bali jaribu kuwauliza mwinyi na mkapa ambao wako hai ni kwanini nao hawakutaifisha au vizuri zaidi kumuuliza kikwete ambaye ndio rais wa sasa kwanini naye mpaka leo hajataifisha!? au hutoridhika mpaka marehemu afufuke akujibu!

Hujui chochote naona umekurupuka kujibu kitu amabacho hujui. Mwaka 1940 ndio wamegundua kuwa Mwadui kuna almasi ulivyokuwa mpuuzi unadhani mgodi ndio umeanza kazi huo mwaka 1940.

Mgodi wa Mwadui umeanza kazi mwaka 1960...ulivyokuwa kauzu ebu jiulize wakati mgodi unafanya kazi Nyerere alikuwa nani.

Ritz, aligundua angeuacha mngekuja kujigawia kama mali zenu binafsi. Afadhali Nyerere aliyeuza kuliko watu nyie mnaojitwalia mchana kweupeee

Kuuza mali kwa wageni nalo ni jambo la kujisifia...ndio maana Mkapa naye akaamua kujichukulia mgodi wa Kiwila kumbe alikuwa anafuata sera za Nyerere.

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom