Kunguru ni Halal?? Pig hajawa hajakatazwa in the Koran

Duduwasha

JF-Expert Member
Nov 3, 2010
Halal means ‘permissible’ in Arabic. So, Muslims cannot eat foods that are not ‘Halal’.
Similar to Jewish Kosher laws, Muslims cannot eat any pork or pig meat. The Qur’an does not state why pig-meat is restricted, but some believe that it is because pigs are considered unclean.
Also, like Kosher, an animal must be slaughtered while it is still alive. This method of slaughtering is called ‘Dhabiha’; it ensures that no blood is left in the meat before it is eaten. Because of this some Muslims choose only to eat meat that comes from a Muslim butcher.
Also, under Halal, Muslims cannot consume any alcohol, even if it was used to prepare food.
This is the most common understanding of Halal, and Muslims can eat anything except for these few restricted foods.

CpaAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Kula huyu kama hujafa! nduguyake magpies

Below are the basic principles of permissibility and impermissibility in the Hanafi School with regards to animal consumption, as mentioned in the classical books of Hanafi jurisprudence. (Culled from: al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, 5/289-291, Bada’i al-Sana’i, 5/35-39 and Radd al-Muhtar, 304-308)

9) The ninth principle is that birds who do not hunt with their claws and do not prey on other animals, rather they merely eat grains and crop, are all considered Halal, such as a chicken, duck, pigeon, dove, sparrow, crow, etc.

Sayyiduna Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (Allah be pleased with him) says: “I saw the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) consuming (the meat of) chicken.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, no: 5198)

Back
Top Bottom