Kitu watu wengi hawakioni wala kutaja katika mgomo wa madaktari

WATANABE

JF-Expert Member
Apr 13, 2011
AN EXPERT VIEW OF THE DOCTORS SAGGA

Dear "Ankal" Michuzi. Thanks so much for continuing to provide Tanzanians with uncontaminated and relevant information through your blog. I would like to acknowledge your effort and those of who are doing the same in the threads posted and in other forums too.I would like to kindly request you to give me a space on your blog to share my personal appraisal of the situation at the moment.As a stakeholder in the health sector and so do you, improving the quality and safety of health services in this country and wherever else, requires meeting the needs and expectations of both internal [healthcare workers] and external [patients and community] customers. These needs and expectations are variable but at the end of the day they are all determinant factors for success.My analysis of this situation, doctors are for the first time in history demanding for both internal and external customers rights, expectations and needs. I am a bit disappointed by the breeze of the discussion in the sense that everyone is so focused on that doctors should return as the as the government should be addressing their needs. One could argue that this are possible, but think about hepatitis B vaccine – such a crucial but affordable intervention.

Currently the Ministry is not providing for this and it is truly unacceptable. What about medical insurance for doctors? In several occasions I have been approached by colleagues that we make a contribution for fellow doctors who are admitted at Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute and other private hospital, and yet this are the key provider of the service in the country. I can not over-emphasize how the wages are a total mismatch with what these individuals do bearing in mind current inflation rates and the like.The external ones are more important and I bet if the community could have understood about this, may be they could be the ones denying to go to facilities. These doctors have been complaining about lack of infrastructure, materials, supplies and equipment, factors of which truly compromise the safety and quality of the services offered to patients albeit doctors presence in the facilities.There are some anecdotal reports on the lack of stuff listed hereunder in a number of reputable hospitals in the country- Lack or non-functional sterilization facilities [meaning that patients can end up acquiring preventable infections during the course of surgeries and other procedures]- Lack or inadequate running water and lack of water taps in the facilities [we all know that hand hygiene is the single cheap but efficient and effective intervention]- Lack of incinerators [meaning that the waste from hospitals get access to the community un-checked, a situation that leads into transmission of infections to the naive community]- Inconsistent power supply in hospitals- Lack of maintenance of various equipment rendering hospitals "equipmentless"These are just examples, but my point is I am not seeing a clear strategy in trying to address these issues, and it is high time that the government take care of the internal clients needs and promptly work together in addressing the external clients needs starting with the most life-threatening ones.

There are people in the country who could work with the government in coming up with solutions if given opportunity.I submit

FROM MICHUZIBLOG

Indeed it is true,no one is able to repudiate this allegations..the problem is,no one is ready to answer these questions/allegations vigorously.And,I think short term incentives to solve this situation is to call for national debate to discuss how to solve various matters which affects public sector and the like.But long term plans,is to ensure we will not repeat the same problem which we did during 2010 election.Real CCM is so tired,and it needs the time to rest either through force or vote box...

ili kupunguza hizi kero ikiwemo migomo ya wafanyakazi wa umma, huduma mbovu zisizoridhisha katika jamii ni kuipiga chini hii CCM, tuweke chama mbadala kitakachokuja na maono mapya juu ya Nchi yetu, kama ulivyosema mkuu Only 83 CCM kimeshachoka na kuzeeka kinahitaji kuwekwa pembeni

Indeed it is true,no one is able to repudiate this allegations..the problem is,no one is ready to answer these questions/allegations vigorously.And,I think short term incentives to solve this situation is to call for national debate to discuss how to solve various matters which affects public sector and the like.But long term plans,is to ensure we will not repeat the same problem which we did during 2010 election.Real CCM is so tired,and it needs the time to rest either through force or vote box...
If the fist option (red/italic) is to be applies [since the second is somehow impossible] in solving this problem, then do you need to waste the remaining 3.9 years!!???

I THINK THE GOVERNMENT OVERLOOKED THE ISSUE BY DECIDING TO USE FORCE TO MAKE THE DOCTORS RETURN TO WORK. I SUGGEST THE GOVERNMENT TO REVISE ITS DECISION IN ORDER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM:lol:

Back
Top Bottom