Kikwete’s First Foreign Trip Interview

Njimba Nsalilwe

JF-Expert Member
Mar 23, 2008
Yesterday, CHADEMA’s members of parliament walked out of the parliament building boycotting Kikwete’s inaugural speech.

I have been following comments from different people within jamiiforums and outside. There are some people who praise the move and others condemn the move.

This is why I have tried to propose some questions which President Kikwete might face on his first trip abroad. We all know that our local journalists do not have the guts to ask him some tough questions.

I would be pleased if you could add your questions or propose his possible answers to the following questions.

Here we go:

Journalist: President, first of all congratulation on your victory, the people of Tanzania have once again shown their support on your leadership

President Kikwete (JK): Oh! Thank you

Journalist: President, during your election campaign you promised a lot of things to Tanzanians, do you think you are going to satisfy them?

JK’s answer: Look that was just part of the game, I do not care if would be able to satisfy them or not, what I wanted was their votes, now that I have been voted in that is all.

Journalist: President, Dr Slaa, the opposition presidential candidate does not recognise you as the President of Tanzania. He claims that the election was rigged with the help of the NEC. To back his case he did not attend the day NEC announced you and even when you were sworn in as the President elect. What are your comments on his stand?

JK’s answer:. .....

Journalist: President, during your inaugural speech CHADEMA walked out as a support to their presidential candidate that the election was rigged. Were you concerned about their move?

JK’s answer:. .............

Journalist: President, One of many people's concerns on the just-ended election in your country was that, the NEC favoured your party because its Chairman was elected by yourself and you were also vying for the presidency. How do you explain their concerns?

JK’s answer: Ha! Ha: that is not my fault, I think they did not read our constitution.

Journalist: President, do not you think that it is high time that your constitution should be revised so that it can provide a level playing field since Tanzania is now practicing multiparty system?

JK’s answer: I agree with you. After all I do not have anything to lose, since my biggest problem did not want to set a record of being one term President. Now that I am ok, if is that what Tanzanians need, then, I personally do not have any problem with a new constitution

Journalist: President, During your first term in office you were elected by 80%, after 5 years in office you have dropped up to 61%. What do you learn from this change?

JK’s answer:

Journalist: President, I was in Tanzania during the election period. I met some people who believe that CCM is on its way to fall down just like other big African independence parties such as KANU, ZANU etc. What is your comments concerning their belief? Do you think is possible to save CCM from falling down?

JK’s answer:

Journalist: President, during the last parliament CHADEMA had 5 members of parliament. They now have 46 members of parliament. Unfortunately, they have managed to do so during your first term of presidency. What do you think might be the source of their success?

JK’s answer:.

Journalist: President, during the just-ended election CCM experienced stiff competition from some cities such as Mwanza, Arusha, Mbeya, Mara etc. Some of these cities used to be CCM’s strong base. What do you think might have gone wrong with these cities?

JK’s answer:

Journalist: President, what is your prediction of CCM’s performance in the next general election?

JK’s answer:

Journalist: President, where do you see CHADEMA in five years’ time?

JK’s answer:.

...... .

Aibu ya mwaka kwa huyu MwanaDiplomasia kama Kikwetu na mwenyekiti mstaafu wa AU kuachia ile nafsi Kikwete Mwanajeshi kubaka uchaguzi mkuu na Demokrasia kwa ujumla angalau itatuokolea kodi zetu kwani safari zitakua nadra sana na akithubu basi Vyombo vya habari vya nje vitakua naye tu milithili ya jinsi ilivyukua kwa Mugabe au Princess Diana.

Aibu ya mwaka kwa huyu MwanaDiplomasia kama Kikwetu na mwenyekiti mstaafu wa AU kuachia ile nafsi Kikwete Mwanajeshi kubaka uchaguzi mkuu na Demokrasia kwa ujumla angalau itatuokolea kodi zetu kwani safari zitakua nadra sana na akithubu basi Vyombo vya habari vya nje vitakua naye tu milithili ya jinsi ilivyukua kwa Mugabe au Princess Diana.

I would like to attend his first foreign interview! Akija kwenye viwanja vyangu nitamlengeshea waandishi wa habari wamuulize mawsali magumu apate aibu.

God bless Tanzania!

Back
Top Bottom