Kikwete and harper to co-chair un commission

Mwanafunzi

Dec 5, 2007
PM Harper to Co-Chair New UN Commission
December 16, 2010 -- Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued the following statement following the announcement by Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General, that a new UN Commission on Information and Accountability for Women and Children’s Health has been established. The Commission will be co-chaired by Prime Minister Harper and Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete:

“This year, G-8 leaders endorsed and launched the Canadian-led Muskoka Initiative to save the lives of women and children in developing countries.

“As part of the Muskoka Initiative, G-8 countries agreed there was a need for improved accountability reporting.

“Today, Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General, announced a new UN Commission to improve global reporting, oversight and accountability on women’s and children’s health.

“I welcome the new Commission and I am honoured to have been asked to serve as co-chair along with Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete.
“Canada’s participation in this Commission means that we will continue to play a leadership role in helping the world meet both G-8 and Millennium Development Goal Summit commitments – commitments that will help significantly reduce the appalling mortality rates among women and children in the developing world.

“I look forward to working with other members to improve the health of women and children in the world, improve how vital health information is registered, collected and shared, and find the best ways of tracking resources and investments at the global and country levels.

“This work must be accomplished as soon as possible so that resources are allocated quickly and effectively where they are most urgently needed.

“Working with President Jakaya Kikwete, the vice-Chairs and the other commissioners, we will develop a rigorous accountability framework that will see us deliver on our main objective — saving the lives of women and children.”

For further information on the Muskoka Initiative on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, please visit Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) | Affaires étrangères et Commerce international Canada (MAECI). For further information on Canada’s actions on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, please visit: www.acdi-cida.gc.ca.

Kwanza kiingereza chenyewe anajua na hata haelewi kinachoongelewa I tell u

na umasikini wote huu anakubali tu?

Hawezi kukataa hata kama anajua uwezo wake ni mdogo lakini sasa ndio atapata sababu ya kuzurulazurula nje ya nchi yake; hivyo ndio alivyokuwa anataka na Asha- Rose amefanikisha!!

kikwete with accountability....??? this is Asha Rose Migiro in action.

Asha rose is JK makings, bila JK asingepewa hiyo nafasi, JK yuko juu sana kwenye PR making, Bravo President, go go haters hawakosekani duniani

Back
Top Bottom