Kenyans love downing Tanzania to feel better but missing their own serious issues

Masi Lambo

JF-Expert Member
Apr 8, 2020
If the Kenyan government failed to repay the debts of $ 3.21 billion to China taken up for an ongoing major railway project, China would possibly take the port of Mombasa as an alternative.

SGR (Standard Gauge Railway) a 472-kilometer line from Mombasa Nairobi, where work started in 2013, and become operational in 2017, was proposed to start giving back the loan from 2020 onward. But, since it became operational, the company is going in loss of nearly $2 million annually.

In the agreement, the Kenyan government held the very least portion. As per the Auditor-General report of 2018, the deal greatly favors China Exim Bank, which advanced Kenya the loan.

=====

China is likely to take over Kenya’s main port

If the Kenyan government failed to repay the debts of $ 3.21 billion to China taken up for an ongoing major railway project, China would possibly take the port of Mombasa as an alternative.

SGR (Standard Gauge Railway) a 472-kilometer line from Mombasa Nairobi, where work started in 2013, and become operational in 2017, was proposed to start giving back the loan from 2020 onward. But, since it became operational, the company is going in loss of nearly $2 million annually.

In the agreement, the Kenyan government held the very least portion. As per the Auditor-General report of 2018, the deal greatly favors China Exim Bank, which advanced Kenya the loan.

“The China Exim Bank would become a principle in [over] KPA if Kenya Railways Corporation (KRC) defaults in its obligations and China Exim Bank exercise power over the escrow account security,” the audit said.

Image result for china and kenya

Further, thousands of Kenyan people could also be fired, which will lead to more unemployment; as Chines government probably will replace them with Chines workers.

As per the current economic position of Kenya, it seems impossible to pay the debt of China in the period of January-June 2019. Kenya owes 66 % bilateral debt to China. And if the thing won’t change dramatically, Kenya would join Srilanka in this row.

In December 2017, the Sri Lankan government lost its Hambantota port to China for a lease period of 99 years after failing to show commitment in the payment of billions of dollars in loans.

On another hand, the Chines government harshly repelled to make any such stride towards Kenya. Hua Chunying the spokeperson of Foreign Ministry said, “after applicable research by our administration we have offered loan to Kenya and as of now the venture is going on its track.”

At present, the China-Kenya cooperation on the Mombasa-Nairobi railway is progressing smoothly.

Many analysts are of the view that Chines government probably would never take this step. Consequently, it will spark negativity among African countries.

“There is a possibility that the Chinese government might be forced to forgive the loan in order to avoid negative sentiment among Kenyan citizens and increasing scrutiny from the international markets” China Daily reported.

Forgive me, Why don't you concentrate on waiting for your Magufuli bring you medicine from Madagascar that nobody has ever heard of (apart the seller and buyer)?
I forgive you, by the way many countries have ordered Madagascar"s medicine, but mental slaves will wait for their masters UK and China to provide them it and add to their loans they can't pay back until their Shi country is taken by Chines.

I forgive you, and by the way many countries have ordered Madagascar"s medicine, but mental slaves will wait for their masters UK and China to provide them it and add to their loans they can't pay back until their Shi country is taken by Chines.

Please prove my foolishness to all and sundry by naming one other country (just one other country) that has ordered that "Madagascar medicine". And please don't forget to show us the proof of that order.

I'm waiting; how long should I give you to search that information and evidence, 50 years?

To be realistic, most countries in Africa, Tanzania included are heavily indebted to China, they've all fallen to the China's debt trap.

It's a sheer foolishness to revel at the one's voyage mishap when you both sail in the same vessel.

Truly speaking, it was a grave mistake for Kenya to construct a parallel railway track running from Mombasa to Nairobi when they've failed to utilize the existing meter gauge built by the colonialists.

Tanzania too, like Kenya, have fallen into the same death pit as Tanzania by trying to construct similar railway track running from Dar es Salaam to the mainland using a borrowed fund that carries a huge interest when it's obvious that the project lacks any economic sense.

So it's not a long time Tanzania too will start feeling the pinch of repaying a loan they've used to finance a white elephant project.

Madagascar has donated the herbal potion that it claims cures coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic patients to Central African country of Equatorial Guinea, local media reported on Thursday.

A consignment of 11,5000 packets weighing 1.5 tons of Covid Organics (CVO) – a form of herbal tea was shipped to Equatorial Guinea. Out of this, 1,500 packets are for curative treatment and 10,000 for preventive healing.

“Equatorial Guinea wanted to be the first country to recognize and use this remedy discovered by Malagasy researchers. And we hope that health cooperation between the two countries will be further strengthened, " said La Verite, a newspaper quoting Mitoha Ondo'o Ayekaba Equatorial Guinea's deputy minister of health.

Equatorial Guinea, with a population of 1.3 million has 315 confirmed COVID-19 cases so far, with one death, and nine recoveries, according to figures compiled by the US-based Johns Hopkins University.

Last week, Malagasy President Andry Rajoelina officially launched the CVO, a herbal concoction claiming that it can prevent and cure patients suffering from coronavirus. The drug has been developed by the Malagasy Institute of Applied Research.

Rajoelina has directed to distribute the drink free of charge to the most vulnerable and sell it at very low prices to others.

According to information from the Presidency of the Republic of Madagascar, three African countries Senegal, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Guinea Bissau have shown interest in the CVO.

Madagascar donates anti-COVID-19 drug to Eq. Guinea Madagascar donates anti-COVID-19 drug to Eq. Guinea

Nyanjomigire,
If you have not heard our president refused Chines loans and called all who take it mad people. He knows what he is doing, and the rail lines we construct were very busy lines before. The president studied it and it is reconstructing them as they were there before.

We know Kenya competes with us to measure it's development which is ridiculous thing to do, you have to build your country for your own goals, and if you want to compete pick developed countries in Europe to do so. We don't compete with no one and prefer our country and see it is away better than yours, infrastructures even the cities. I have been to Kenya before our cities took a new look, and still yet I thought I was in a shi country.

Masi Lambo,

Look dude; internet is full of pranks who pull fast ones to naive and gullible people like you (I'm told you call yourselves Mataga as if Tanzania has ever been great even a day before to justify the "again"). Your bullshit of a TV station once broadcasted that Trump had praised your president as a shining beacon in Africa something which was denied.
The moral in my example? Go for trusted sources. Got it?

Why don't you concentrate on waiting for your Magufuli bring you medicine from Madagascar that nobody has ever heard of (apart the seller and buyer)?
Usishangae Madagascar wameweka hata mavi ya binadamu humo ndani ya kinywaji hicho ambacho hata hakina vipimo vya WHO wala TBS.

Nyanjomigire,
If you have not heard our president refused Chines loans and called all who take it mad people. He knows what he is doing, and the rail lines we construct were very busy lines before. The president studied it and it is reconstructing them as they were there before.

We know Kenya competes with us to measure it's development which is ridiculous thing to do, you have to build your country for your own goals, and if you want to compete pick developed countries in Europe to do so. We don't compete with no one and prefer our country and see it is away better than yours, infrastructures even the cities. I have been to Kenya before our cities took a new look, and still yet I thought I was in a shi country.
Truly speaking, I didn't understand your gist. Maybe the language morphology,... I just don't know.

Why don't you concentrate on your own Magufuli releasing pawpaw,goat and sheep covid results?

=====

China is likely to take over Kenya’s main port

“The China Exim Bank would become a principle in [over] KPA if Kenya Railways Corporation (KRC) defaults in its obligations and China Exim Bank exercise power over the escrow account security,” the audit said.

Image result for china and kenya

Further, thousands of Kenyan people could also be fired, which will lead to more unemployment; as Chines government probably will replace them with Chines workers.

As per the current economic position of Kenya, it seems impossible to pay the debt of China in the period of January-June 2019. Kenya owes 66 % bilateral debt to China. And if the thing won’t change dramatically, Kenya would join Srilanka in this row.

In December 2017, the Sri Lankan government lost its Hambantota port to China for a lease period of 99 years after failing to show commitment in the payment of billions of dollars in loans.

On another hand, the Chines government harshly repelled to make any such stride towards Kenya. Hua Chunying the spokeperson of Foreign Ministry said, “after applicable research by our administration we have offered loan to Kenya and as of now the venture is going on its track.”

At present, the China-Kenya cooperation on the Mombasa-Nairobi railway isprogressing smoothly.

Many analysts are of the view that Chines government probably would never take this step. Consequently, it will spark negativity among African countries.

“There is a possibility that the Chinese government might be forced to forgive the loan in order to avoid negative sentiment among Kenyan citizens and increasing scrutiny from the international markets” China Daily reported.
Where did Kenya officiallly claim the loan was to be paid back from the profits of the railway? The projections are actually less than what the railway is doing now. The amount of traffic and passngers it carries now was supposed to be in 2025. Loan was actually supposed to be paid from taxes collected from other economic activities that the railway encouraged like levy on increased imports.
You quoted an article with no source, so if I claim its fake news I might be right. China said no such requirement to take the port exists in the contract. It was fake news that people repeated alot but wont be true.
TZ is building a railway to tiny economies Rwanda and Burundi, most of its goods are consumed in Dar. Kenya's SGR will serve Nairobi and UG the third largest economy in EAC guaranteeing good amount of freight. yet the TZ railway will cost more than Kenya's when finished. TZ railway will be $14b vs Ke $10b when done and KE will carry more. As you say things about Kenya's SGR, you have a lot to think about TZ railway, how will you pay $14b of expensive bank loans with no cargo?

Where did Kenya officiallly claim the loan was to be paid back from the profits of the railway? The projections are actually less than what the railway is doing now. The amount of traffic and passngers it carries now was supposed to be in 2025. Loan was actually supposed to be paid from taxes collected from other economic activities that the railway encouraged like levy on increased imports.
You quoted an article with no source, so if I claim its fake news I might be right. China said no such requirement to take the port exists in the contract. It was fake news that people repeated alot but wont be true.
TZ is building a railway to tiny economies Rwanda and Burundi, most of its goods are consumed in Dar. Kenya's SGR will serve Nairobi and UG the third largest economy in EAC guaranteeing good amount of freight. yet the TZ railway will cost more than Kenya's when finished. TZ railway will be $14b vs Ke $10b when done and KE will carry more. As you say things about Kenya's SGR, you have a lot to think about TZ railway, how will you pay $14b of expensive bank loans with no cargo?
Tanzania railway will go to Uganda and DRC also and will be fastest and effective.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

KPA is not collateral for the loan as insinuated in the OP. KPA is a guarantor ie. it will ensure uninterrupted supply of cargo to the sgr. Last time i checked KPA has done after tax profits of over kes 9 billion over the past years hitting kes 15 billion in june 2019, and the sgr has doing an average of 258 trains to Nairobi ICD and 165 to Mombasa, a month ahead of the years it was projected. By 2021 the sgr might hit the maximum limit.
The cargo ferried in the first nine months of 2019 generated a revenue of 7.54 billion shillings (about 75 million U.S. dollars), according to KNBS.

Tanzania railway will go to Uganda and DRC also and will be fastest and effective.

I am happy to see you still have hope even after the start of operations has been postponed three times for the first 200 km only. It was to start in October 2019 got pushed to November 2019, then march 2020 now we are in may 2020 and the first 200 km is still not operational.

I am happy to see you still have hope even after the start of operations has been postponed three times for the first 200 km only. It was to start in October 2019 got pushed to November 2019, then march 2020 now we are in may 2020 and the first 200 km is still not operational.
We are building Electric railway not like yours.so we are different.

• Thanks
Reactions: Oii
We are building Electric railway not like yours.so we are different.

HAHAHA, electric that is yet to operate even in the first 200 km how many years down the line? ethiopia also have electric trains but they can not carry as much cargo as the kenya sgr and due to poor knowledge like in Tanzania their trains are always having problems.

Back
Top Bottom