Kenyan ranked best globally in UK exams

COLLOH-MZII RELOADED

JF-Expert Member
Apr 6, 2017
A 17-year-old Kenyan student has been ranked the best globally after emerging top in the 2016 Cambridge International examinations tested across 160 countries.
Manraj Singh, a student at Melvin Jones Lions Academy in Nakuru County, was awarded Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award after his exemplary performance in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) exams.
“I am elated. Although I expected to do well, I never thought I could conquer the world in this,” a delighted Manraj told The Standard at the school yesterday.
IGCSE is an equivalent of the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education. The examination leads to ‘A’ levels, which is a pre-university qualification leading to first or second-year university education.
Besides ranking the overall winner globally, Manraj also topped the list in Mathematics after scoring 100 per cent, an elusive mark which also earned him accolades.
“Manraj Singh of Melvin Jones Lions gained the highest mark in the world for Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics in the June 2016 Cambridge examination,” read part of a certificate of recognition signed by Cambridge International Chief Executive Michael O’Sullivan.
The international examinations were done across 10,000 schools.
The year 13 student whose global recognition has seen him appointed Senior School captain attributed his achievements to rigorous practice, patience and sacrifice.
“I always wanted to excel. For an entire month, I kept on studying until in the late night. It is also God who helped me through because I could not make it on my own,” said Manraj said adding that the recognition posed a big challenge ahead.
“...I have to work extra hard to better the results.” Manraj is hopeful that his win will earn him a scholarship to top universities abroad.

Hongera zake huyo dogo wetu,kenya hoyeee!, kalugha ka malkia kanawatatizaga sana waswahili so najua kwenye ranking bila shaka wametoka kapa

A 17-year-old Kenyan student has been ranked the best globally after emerging top in the 2016 Cambridge International examinations tested across 160 countries.
Manraj Singh, a student at Melvin Jones Lions Academy in Nakuru County, was awarded Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award after his exemplary performance in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) exams.
“I am elated. Although I expected to do well, I never thought I could conquer the world in this,” a delighted Manraj told The Standard at the school yesterday.
IGCSE is an equivalent of the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education. The examination leads to ‘A’ levels, which is a pre-university qualification leading to first or second-year university education.
Besides ranking the overall winner globally, Manraj also topped the list in Mathematics after scoring 100 per cent, an elusive mark which also earned him accolades.
“Manraj Singh of Melvin Jones Lions gained the highest mark in the world for Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics in the June 2016 Cambridge examination,” read part of a certificate of recognition signed by Cambridge International Chief Executive Michael O’Sullivan.
The international examinations were done across 10,000 schools.
The year 13 student whose global recognition has seen him appointed Senior School captain attributed his achievements to rigorous practice, patience and sacrifice.
“I always wanted to excel. For an entire month, I kept on studying until in the late night. It is also God who helped me through because I could not make it on my own,” said Manraj said adding that the recognition posed a big challenge ahead.
“...I have to work extra hard to better the results.” Manraj is hopeful that his win will earn him a scholarship to top universities abroad.

Muhindi huyo!

Kuna wahindi Kenyan citizens... Kwani uko shallow minded aje
Hata wa Tanzania walikuepo na wote wamechukua gold medals kutoka Feza schools
IMG_20170621_110611.JPG

Hongera zake huyo dogo wetu,kenya hoyeee!, kalugha ka malkia kanawatatizaga sana waswahili so najua kwenye ranking bila shaka wametoka kapa
You are very wrong we smashed all of their gold there and brought them home.

In Kenya u don' t have those people of Arabic or Indian ethnicity that came there before 1500 like in Zanzibar.
U are kidding!

The bottomline is, the Dewji's and Bahkressas are not of African extraction, but u recognize them as Tanzanisns. Their accomplishments you consider them your own.

U are kidding!

The bottomline is, the Dewji's and Bahkressas are not of African extraction, but u recognize them as Tanzanisns. Their accomplishments you consider them your own.
Dewji came from Gujarat since 16th Century while Bakhresa has been there since Oman Kingdom in Zanzibar. Most of them have one passport while ur Indians r dual nationalities. keep boasting of a succes of Canadian living in Kenya

Back
Top Bottom