Kenyan Lawyer Joins London's Lucrative Legal Field

MK254

JF-Expert Member
May 11, 2013
Lawyer Mugambi Nandi Joins Lucrative London's Legal Field

TWITTER

A Kenyan lawyer has made a major career milestone after being admitted to the lucrative legal bar in the United Kingdom.

Lawyer Mugambi Nandi of the KN Law LLP, has been admitted to the role of a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.

Mugambi prides himself on having over 20 years of experience in legal practice. He has substantial legal experience in private equity, capital markets, and corporate finance.

TWITTER
Announcing his admission to the UK's prestigious legal practice, Mugambi stated it was a dream come true for him.

"Some personal news: This boy from Chuka is now a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales. Fact: It was not a life goal. I just woke up one day at the start of the lockdown last year and decided to make good use of all the time I suddenly had in my hands," Mugambi wrote on his social media page.

This comes just after the law firm, in which he is a partner, became the first Nairobi-based law firm to set up a branch and relocate one of its partners to London to coordinate its growing corporate and other clientele bases.

His legal works have earned him global recognition.

In the 2021 Edition of Chambers Global Guide, Mugambi was ranked among one of three Kenyan Corporate experts based abroad alongside Clifford Chance LLP Partner, Jeniffer Mbaluto (based in London), and Atiq Ajarwalla (based in Dubai).

Mugambi has been in London since 2019, when KN Law LLP set up its London Office on 35 Berkeley Square, Mayfair, London.

Explaining the bold move to shift the practice to London, he said that he wanted to help Kenyans struggling to get legal representation abroad.

"If you are in London with a corporate, commercial or M&A need in Kenya, you would struggle to get the work done without going through one of the big law firms, most of which are now tied in exclusive arrangements with law firms in London or South Africa. By being present in London, I believe we can offer the same service but in a simpler, and direct way," stated the Lawyer.

Mugambi was one of the key lawyers that advised the country on a private equity fund financing a company in Kenya working with Hogan Lovells.

TWITTER

Back
Top Bottom