Kenyan held in US jail over friend’s stabbing

Rufiji

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
Kenyan held in US jail over friend's stabbing

By ANTONY KARANJA in Dallas, Texas, USA
Posted Wednesday, June 16 2010 at 20:30

A Kenyan woman is being held in an Alabama jail after being charged with stabbing to death of a roommate on June 11.

Ms Nancy Kinuthia, 40, was arrested on June 14 following a warrant that was issued against her after Ms Ruth Wawira Munene, 51, was found dead in their Birmingham apartment with multiple stab wounds.

Ms Munene's body was found after friends could not reach her by phone and decided to call the police. She had almost 100 stab wounds.

Authorities have not yet revealed the motive of the attack, although Ms Kinuthia was reported to have complained that she had problems with the way Ms Munene was handling her property.

Ms Kinuthia, who was alleged to have gone into hiding, resurfaced two days later and called her pastor to tell him where she was.

The pastor called the Birmingham police, who immediately picked her up at a relative's home.

She is being held in a Lauderdale county jail in Florence, on a Sh15.6 million ($200,000) bail. This is one of three cases involving Kenyans on murder charges that are awaiting trial in the United States.

Without parole

In a similar stabbing incident two weeks ago, 28-year-old Jackson Mwangi of Manchester stabbed to death his former American girlfriend, Randi Ann Huntley, 25.

Mr Mwangi is being held in a New Hampshire jail awaiting trial and faces life imprisonment without parole if convicted of the first degree murder charges.

My take:

This is really sad; may God rest the victim's, Ms Munene, soul in eternal peace. I can't say anything more than that cause many people in here have thin skins...

Source: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kenyan%20held%20in%20US%20jail%20over%20friends%20stabbing/-/1056/940588/-/ipl2brz/-/index.html

I was really saddened by this news. What can drive one to stab another 100 times? Jesus help us!

Back
Top Bottom