Kenya - shortage of teachers!!!

Hivi ni Kenya peke yake iliyo na uhaba wa waalimu? At least wao wanatambua tatizo. Sisije?

Kenya has a shortage of 66,000 teachers, the NTV reporter called it 'a chronic shortage'

View the end of this youtube clip at:
YouTube - Education to be managed by counties

If you ask Kenyans about shortage of teachers many will brag of not having such a problem.

The government has not employed teachers in a while, thats the reason there is a shortage in the country, I know you think there are no qualified people to teach, get your facts right before you start typing on yo keyboard.

And do you know the meaning of chronic shortage? a shortage which continues for a period of time, Example.. despite the chronic teacher shortage, Kenya still exports teachers to Southern Sudan, Botswana and Tanzania.. it beats logic.

The government has not employed teachers in a while, thats the reason there is a shortage in the country, I know you think there are no qualified people to teach, get your facts right before you start typing on yo keyboard.

And do you know the meaning of chronic shortage? a shortage which continues for a period of time, Example.. despite the chronic teacher shortage, Kenya still exports teachers to Southern Sudan, Botswana and Tanzania.. it beats logic.

Even if they were English teachers, do they know how to teach? What do they teach? Are they genuine teachers? I'll be more than willing to welcome Kenyan teachers, if they really are! Remember those 200 fake kenyan degrees holders who were about to go to teach at the university of dodoma?

If the issue is the capability of the government to employ tichaz, then the problem will never be addressed, unless the govt revisit its policy/programs to employ the (most important people) walimu. But it seems the problem overwhelmed the govt, since classifies it as a chronic tichaz shortage, something resistance to treatments.
Kibaki do something. exporting tichaz to other territories is not something to be proud of, it is a sign of govt not being capable to use its people's brain wisely. again the govt has to do something.

|That is why they are scattered all over, and Tanzania is one of the recipients!! What are the plans underway to cover the shortage?

|That is why they are scattered all over, and Tanzania is one of the recipients!! What are the plans underway to cover the shortage?

We help you by giving you jobs! Can't you be grateful, but again kindly respond to my # 4.

Even if they were English teachers, do they know how to teach? What do they teach? Are they genuine teachers? I'll be more than willing to welcome Kenyan teachers, if they really are! Remember those 200 fake kenyan degrees holders who were about to go to teach at the university of dodoma?

You should answer me that, coz you guys are the ones employing Kenyan teachers in droves, that means they are good in whatever it is they teach there.

Even if they were English teachers, do they know how to teach? What do they teach? Are they genuine teachers? I'll be more than willing to welcome Kenyan teachers, if they really are! Remember those 200 fake kenyan degrees holders who were about to go to teach at the university of dodoma?[/QUOTE]

What exactly was fake? The Kenyans? The Degrees? Or both? And what is the connection if any, between "those 200 fake kenyan degrees holders" and the shortage of teachers in Kenya?

Even if they were English teachers, do they know how to teach? What do they teach? Are they genuine teachers? I'll be more than willing to welcome Kenyan teachers, if they really are! Remember those 200 fake kenyan degrees holders who were about to go to teach at the university of dodoma?[/QUOTE]

What exactly was fake? The Kenyans? The Degrees? Or both? And what is the connection if any, between "those 200 fake kenyan degrees holders" and the shortage of teachers in Kenya?

I meant 200 kenyans who got busted with fake degrees, that's all. And the post is related to the previous ones..have you read them chronogically.? Now that you have known what i meant! then? Even kiranga who who seems to master this language sometimes fambles (though there is more in kiranga than plain english). Mastery of english language isn't even my immediate concern. I've seen beggars who beg in good english and i've seen philantropists who donate in broken english!

You should answer me that, coz you guys are the ones employing Kenyan teachers in droves, that means they are good in whatever it is they teach there.

A good research area, uuh? I doubt the Kenyans' ability to teach Tanzanian A level science syllabus! Ever tried it? And Ugandans too!

Many countries the world over have shortages in teaching staff, the problem in Kenya was exacerbated by the free primary and subsidized secondary school program.

Kibaki's government, though they meant well, put the cart before the donkey. They did not anticipate the resulting enrollment rate. Schools are currently being overwhelmed by the number of students enrolling.
As a consequence there is, not only an immense shortage of teachers, but also a shortage of schools/classrooms.

The Kenyan government is now faced with having to tackle a problem, which in my opinion they should have anticipated and prepared for from the onset of this program.

Do not misunderstand me, I applaud the government's effort in trying to bring affordable education to every Kenyan. On the other hand, if the institutions are overwhelmed then the quality of education will be diluted for all. Something that I believe is unacceptable.

The blame does not lie solely on the government, the Teachers union also contributed by refusing the government to hire more teachers on contract since it cannot afford to hire them on a permanent basis (something that they have resolved thank god).

All in all it looks hopeful.

Khe khe khe naona wanawasingizia tu Wakenya hawana shida ya walimu wapo wengi tu si wengine wamewaleta Tanzania ili wachangie pato lao la taifa. Muulizeni Kimada et al wanaanza kuwafundisha Watanzania jinsi ya kutumia flying toilets khe khe khe.

I meant 200 kenyans who got busted with fake degrees, that's all. And the post is related to the previous ones..have you read them chronogically.? Now that you have known what i meant! then? Even kiranga who who seems to master this language sometimes fambles (though there is more in kiranga than plain english). Mastery of english language isn't even my immediate concern. I've seen beggars who beg in good english and i've seen philantropists who donate in broken english!

Coherence my good fellow, coherence!

Now let's try this again: How do you connect the 200 Kenyans with fake degrees to the shortage of teachers in Kenya? I for one, don't see a connection there. Another thing, english is just a language; you aren't necessarily better off knowing it, so don't go flaunting your insecurities up in here.

Now let's try this again: How do you connect the 200 Kenyans with fake degrees to the shortage of teachers in Kenya? I for one, don't see a connection there. Another thing, english is just a language; you aren't necessarily better off knowing it, so don't go flaunting your insecurities up in here.

If your brain itself is disconnected, the chances are that you can't connect the two. Why would I preach the obvious k.u.m.a we!, hivi nani wewe unamwambia kuwa yuko insecure? by which definition of insecurity? Sina muda wa kupoteza na mtu mjinga mjinga, nyama we!! Did you mean english insecurity makalio ya .ma...yako, if it's let it be!

Eliekeem bro, couldn't read your PM, did you reply?

Mwakilishi ndugu yangu hapo umesema kweli, lakini ngoja matusi kutoka kwa huyo mwenzako, we cant have a civil discussion in this here forum, I think some people are paid to bring chaos in this forums.. good post btw.

If your brain itself is disconnected, the chances are that you can't connect the two. Why would I preach the obvious k.u.m.a we!, hivi nani wewe unamwambia kuwa yuko insecure? by which definition of insecurity? Sina muda wa kupoteza na mtu mjinga mjinga, nyama we!! Did you mean english insecurity makalio ya .ma...yako, if it's let it be!

Achana nao hao bro,
They are thinking in narrow perspective, if a wide minded, focused and learned person like you keep on arguing with dem u'll end up with loosing your valuable time and energy. so let dem go.
Achana na mwalimu wa sekondari SMATTA.

Hivi ni Kenya peke yake iliyo na uhaba wa waalimu? At least wao wanatambua tatizo. Sisije?

Good observation. Sisi hawapo kabisa inabidi tutoe leseni kwa wasio walimu ili wafundishe bora liende. Ama kweli nyani haoni kundule.

Making illogical connections and hurling pejoratives seem to be your forte. Unfortunately those qualities don't do much to advance civilized discourse. Too bad!

huu ni uongo, how about hundreds of kenyan teachers here in tanzania working with low salaries that most tanzanian wouldn't agree, they are plenty may b they are simply not employed, perhaps the kenyan governments has no money, after all most money is wasted in stupid things like, endless votes and campaigns!

Back
Top Bottom