Kenya risen eight places in the latest Fifa ranking

MK254

JF-Expert Member
May 11, 2013
Kenyan national football team Harambee Stars has risen eight places in the latest Fifa ranking.

According to the rankings released by the world football governing body, Fifa, on Thursday, the recently crowned Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup champions have moved from position 117 to 109.

(READ: Brilliant Harambee STars win Cecafa Cup)

Kenya is now ranked 32nd in Africa having improved from position 33 last month.

As a guest team, the national Under-20 Starlets finished runners-up in the 2013 COSAFA Under-20 championships staged in Lesotho after going down 2-0 to South Africa in the final.

In the overall CAF ranking, Ivory Coast remains Africa’s top team with 918 points followed by Ghana (849).

Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia and Portugal occupy the first five positions Worldwide respectively.

CONSISTENCY KEY

Meanwhile, former AFC Leopards coach, Jan Koops has termed consistency as Harambee Stars secret weapon in conquering the CECAFA Senior Challenge opponents.

Koops said the move by head coach Adel Amrouche to stick with his key armoury throughout the tournament as a wise decision.

“The players were working as a team and that was evident since the starting squad was largely not tampered with throughout the tournament.

"This helped them develop a working formula that turned fruitful at the end of the day and saw them win the title,” said the former Leopards tactician.

Koops believes that the team has a bright future and should be maintained only being changed on a need to basis to accommodate new talents.

Stars won the CECAFA title after an 11 years wait beating neighbours Sudan 2-0 in the final courtesy of an Allan Wanga brace.

its still a position worth ignoring, i have seen harambee stars ranked number sixty eight i think sometime towards the end of last century so position 113 is nothing to delight about

its still a position worth ignoring, i have seen harambee stars ranked number sixty eight i think sometime towards the end of last century so position 113 is nothing to delight about
Man, we need to be optimistic, rising through eight places shows they are working seriously hard. Especially now that president Uhuru had a closed door meeting with them, things will illuminate soon.

Man, we need to be optimistic, rising through eight places shows they are working seriously hard. Especially now that president Uhuru had a closed door meeting with them, things will illuminate soon.

Dont be easily taken by sideshows, if he was serious somebody would have been fired by now

Nyamweya needs to be in the dock by now and replaced by Shollei. This is politics of yore tunachezewa tu.
We can do way better.

See how Uhuru is bored with him...

1522289_10152102826694400_128676668_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom