Kenya at 50 - Celebrating Kenya's 50th birthday and the many faces of Kenya

1479152_751085681586654_1548765123_n.jpg

Kuna vitu viwili nawapenda sana wanasiasa wa Kenya.

(1) Wabunge wake wanajiamini kwa madaraka waliyo nayo na hupenda kuyatumia effectively. Kwa hiyo huwa siyo wanafiki wa kutaka kumfurahisha raisi. Wabunge hao waliwahi kumshika koo waziri aliyeuza hoteli kinyemela mpaka ikamtokea puani. Wabunge wa Tanzania hawajawahi kusimama dhidi ya waziri yeyote pamoja na madudu yote yanayotokea Tanzania.

(2) Wanasiasa wa Kenya siyo wezi sana wa mali ya umma, kwani wanataka kutumia nafasi zao za kisiasa kujenga connection za kufanyia biashara zao binafsi kihalali; hiyo ndiyo zawadi kubwa ya siasa sehemu yoyote ile duniani. Kwa hiyo wakipewa kusimamia mradi wowote wa kitaifa hujitaidi kuufanya kwa ufanisi mkubwa sana ili wejijengee jina. Tanzania kila mwanasiasa hutaka atajirike kwa kutumia raslimali za umma. Akipewa kusimamia mradi wa umma basi sehemu kubwa ya gharama za mradi huo itaishia mfukoni mwake, na mradi huo hautakuwa na matokeo yoyote ya kujivunia.

It's so encouraging to hear such utterances from a foreigner,actually Kenya was in such a political dilemma some years back,but with the ammending of the contitution,power was reduced at the helm and spread across the grassroots.I am convinced that 4 African states development goals to start materializing,we must shift our focus to political dvlpmt 1st which will then trigger economic and social dvlpmt...otherwise our problems will live with us forever

don't condone tribalism through self consolation scale-wise and in comparison tribalism haiko kila mahali as that of Kenya is unique and has graduated! Anyway happy birthday on your nation turning 50

Tribalism is always,,manifested during elections times,,or when a politician wants,,
to achieve something,,selfish.

But on other normal times,,,we are all together.

As i say many times,,that,,,you will never see a street,,in Kenya,,,for Luo only,,for
Kalenjin,,,shops for Kikuyus,,Matatus for Kambas,,,hospitals for Masais only.

If i get sick,,while in Kisumu,,,i will comfortably go the hospital there and get treatment
without one worrying about my tribe.

My first teacher,,many years ago,,,was a Luo lady,,,one who taught me,,the
first colors,,,green, blue,red,,i still remember.

Today,,,i have interacted with almost all tribes of Kenya.

So if somebody talks of tribalism in Kenya,,,,i fail to understand what they
are talking about.

Tribalism is always,,manifested during elections times,,or when a politician wants,,
to achieve something,,selfish.

But on other normal times,,,we are all together.

As i say many times,,that,,,you will never see a street,,in Kenya,,,for Luo only,,for
Kalenjin,,,shops for Kikuyus,,Matatus for Kambas,,,hospitals for Masais only.

If i get sick,,while in Kisumu,,,i will comfortably go the hospital there and get treatment
without one worrying about my tribe.

My first teacher,,many years ago,,,was a Luo lady,,,one who taught me,,the
first colors,,,green, blue,red,,i still remember.

Today,,,i have interacted with almost all tribes of Kenya.

So if somebody talks of tribalism in Kenya,,,,i fail to understand what they
are talking about.

Why lie that tribalism is only manifested during election time? You are conviniently turning a blind eye to all the parastatal appointments done to satisfy the people from one region of the country? Government tenders are awarded the same way. We continue to see trribalism manifest itself in the security dockets of the country. How about infrastructure only being aggressively done in a select part of the country?

...the list is endless.

Back
Top Bottom