Kagame: China's donation to AU HQ symptom of Africa’s bigger problems

ICC inamsubiri huyo dikteta mnaye mfagilia...... amezidi kuwaua wenye mawazo mbadala...

mzee wa Rufiji hiyo interview ya CNN mbona inampa shavu tofauti na unavyotaka tuamini.
Tukubali the guy is smart than our beloved good looking Mkulu

I think you have failed to understand my point. Chinese government has built a multi millions dollar building for Rwanda's foreign ministry free of charge and Kagame didn't complain; infact, he praised Chinese for their contribution. The question that any serious person ought to ask himself/herself is if Kagame is really sincere about Chinese influence on Africa then why he didn't he raised the same question when they were doing the same thing for his country?

I think you have failed to understand my point. Chinese government has built a multi millions dollar building for Rwanda's foreign ministry free of charge and Kagame didn't complain; infact, he praised Chinese for their contribution. The question that any serious person ought to ask himself/herself is if Kagame is really sincere about Chinese influence on Africa then why he didn't he raised the same question when they were doing the same thing for his country?

Do you think he is complaining about the building?

AU HQ in Pictures

dc23452f13.jpg

001aa0ba5c85108ef71128.jpg

African-Union-convention-center-1.jpg

5e82745ed1.jpg

6788177911_70e74cbce4_o.jpg

6788253739_213c3e1818_o.jpg

6788175199_0380d1c84b_o.jpg

I wish we had a president like Kagame. Well, maybe Zanzibar wakijitoa kuwa nchi, na Lake zone nayo iombe kujitoa alafu iwe chini ya Kagame. Kusini mashariki (Lindi, Mtwara) ijitoe nayo iwe
chini ya Mozambique maana nayo ianpaa kwa kasi. Kaskazini iende Kenya. JK atabakia na Pwani na Dar......(Ooh, just wishful thinking)
baada ya hapo nawewe utafute kwa kuhamia maana nchi chini ya kagame lazima uwe mkimbizi

Exactly. And the west,especially U.S. don't like how Chinese influence is growing bigger in Africa.

I'm crossing figures,waiting anxiously on U.S. and allies' response to that.

I wonder, what happened to Russia? Previously she enjoyed considerable amount of respect, support and influence in the continent. Did it all wan away with the end of cold war?

Hivi hakuna cheo cha rais wa afrika nahis huyu jamaa ni anatufaa aisee

I wonder, what happened to Russia? Previously she enjoyed considerable amount of respect, support and influence in the continent. Did it all wan away with the end of cold war?

The American Dream has made Russian's influence on this continent insignificant.
Americanisation thru the umbrella of globalisation is also a reason for deteriorating Russia's influence.

So,I would yes,the cold war paved way for decreased Russia's influence.

However,Russia has a good news,as China is rapidly and vastly winning the battle in influencing Africa's political,social and economical spheres.

African Union opens Chinese-funded HQ in Ethiopia

Last edited by a moderator:
200M USD donated by Chinese could be calculated at an average of 4Million for each state (with an assumption of 50 states).
Considering the abundant resource beneath the continent the amount is peanut.

Disregard the contradiction he could have, Kagame has a point. Africa is the continent which failed to foot the bill for green helmet in Darfur and her troops in Somalia. The same continent has miserably failed to act on famine at horn of Africa.
The continent could not resolve the conflicts in many places the least to say.

Despite enough manpower and untapped resources the continent is an exemplary of failure in leadership and self governance in history of the world.

What real embarrasses is the continent quest for UN seat forcibly. If Africa cannot build her own office at meager cost, one wonders what could be their contribution to UN then!

Back
Top Bottom