John Mashaka na Uchakachuaji Wa Maisha Tanzania

Muke Ya Muzungu

JF-Expert Member
Jun 17, 2009
SOURCE: Michuzi

To understand the intricacies of life for ordinary Tanzanians, and how they live on social edge, is as complex as paradigm shift of humanity itself. Millions of Tanzanians are living on simmering time bomb set to go off at any time. May sound utopian type of thinking, but not quite so, until you learn how a Tanzanian is putting his and other’s lives in line, for the sake of riches triggered by poverty.

Over a month ago, while in Tanzania, I heard over the radio, a diplomatic row between Tanzania and Burundi governments, in which, six Tanzanian truckers, were arrested for siphoning gasoline, and then adding kerosene into the tankers. No one knew exactly, how many lives had been negatively impacted by these acts, and how long this dirty game had been going on, but the fact of the matter is, it was shameful and embarrassing for Tanzania.

While en-route to Dar-es-salaam from Arusha, I stopped in Korogwe to fuel my car. Along the way, somewhere around Tanga, the vehicle started to act funny, shaking occasionally. Considering this was fairly a new car, with only 25,000km. I assumed, however, that, there was nothing mechanically serious to worry about. Until I reached Dar-Es-Salaam, I did not suspect any foul play.

While in Dar, and the gasoline was almost running out, out of nowhere, a bomb like sound, violent shaking and excessive smoke erupted abruptly, and went for almost half a kilometer. I knew my engine was gone, and had to stop the vehicle, and towed it to the garage; only to find out that indeed, my car had kerosene in the engine!

Today, Transformer fuel is being used in food business. Due to its slow burning capability, this oil is a precious commodity in the “chips vumbi” business. Many street vendors are using it extensively to fry chips, without knowing its negative or adverse effects to the people’s health. The vendors’ main objective is to maximize their profits at a minimal cost, at the expense of unsuspecting consumer.
Thank you to greed and poverty in our country that legalizes crime as an alternative to survival as opposed to lawful means!

There is a new inclination, in which some in poultry, and pig farming, are reaping huge profits within the shortest period of time; feeding chicken and pigs’ human medicine. Out of curiosity, shock and dismay, I went deeper to find out how in the world could this happen. My findings were rather desolate and shocking, to know that, Antiretroviral (ARV’s), meant for HIV victims, were now being fed to pigs and poultry, because they hasten growth; hence, quick and huge profits turnaround to farmers. My only question was, how could this happen in a country with the government, law enforces and health officials; Human medicine being diverted for farm animal usage?

My experiences are just but a few of the many sad tales. What we have to understand is that, as a society, we are bathing in situational and generational poverty. These are not normal exploits for survival; they are products, of greed and hopelessness in which a human can do anything to sustain himself, including legalizing crime as an alternative to traditional employment.

They are long- term economic struggle that naturally follows when people are pushed into the wall of despair, and consequently careless for the aftereffect of their actions, even if means killing the whole country, which seems to be the simmering news that will one day, shock us.

The entire Tanzanian society is forming a culture that limits chances for future generations. We have cultural belief that celebrates success derived from shortcuts regarded as crime. There is no exception to this. From top down of our societal structure, corruption and “Uchakachuaji” are celebrated. Children in our country are growing up believing that their present circumstances are determined only by fate and factors beyond their control, which includes obstruction of others wellbeing, as long as you enrich yourself. This is living in a social edge that will soon explode if we don’t rethink, and only urging you the reader to suggest an alternative.

Mungu Ibariki Tanzania
John Mashaka
Mashaka.john@yahoo.com

To understand the intricacies of life for ordinary Tanzanians, and how they live on social edge, is as complex as paradigm shift of humanity itself. Millions of Tanzanians are living on simmering time bomb set to go off at any time. May sound utopian type of thinking, but not quite so, until you learn how a Tanzanian is putting his and other's lives in line, for the sake of riches triggered by poverty.

Over a month ago, while in Tanzania, I heard over the radio, a diplomatic row between Tanzania and Burundi governments, in which, six Tanzanian truckers, were arrested for siphoning gasoline, and then adding kerosene into the tankers. No one knew exactly, how many lives had been negatively impacted by these acts, and how long this dirty game had been going on, but the fact of the matter is, it was shameful and embarrassing for Tanzania.

While en-route to Dar-es-salaam from Arusha, I stopped in Korogwe to fuel my car. Along the way, somewhere around Tanga, the vehicle started to act funny, shaking occasionally. Considering this was fairly a new car, with only 25,000km. I assumed, however, that, there was nothing mechanically serious to worry about. Until I reached Dar-Es-Salaam, I did not suspect any foul play.

While in Dar, and the gasoline was almost running out, out of nowhere, a bomb like sound, violent shaking and excessive smoke erupted abruptly, and went for almost half a kilometer. I knew my engine was gone, and had to stop the vehicle, and towed it to the garage; only to find out that indeed, my car had kerosene in the engine!

Today, Transformer fuel is being used in food business. Due to its slow burning capability, this oil is a precious commodity in the "chips vumbi" business. Many street vendors are using it extensively to fry chips, without knowing its negative or adverse effects to the people's health. The vendors' main objective is to maximize their profits at a minimal cost, at the expense of unsuspecting consumer.
Thank you to greed and poverty in our country that legalizes crime as an alternative to survival as opposed to lawful means!

There is a new inclination, in which some in poultry, and pig farming, are reaping huge profits within the shortest period of time; feeding chicken and pigs' human medicine. Out of curiosity, shock and dismay, I went deeper to find out how in the world could this happen. My findings were rather desolate and shocking, to know that, Antiretroviral (ARV's), meant for HIV victims, were now being fed to pigs and poultry, because they hasten growth; hence, quick and huge profits turnaround to farmers. My only question was, how could this happen in a country with the government, law enforces and health officials; Human medicine being diverted for farm animal usage?

My experiences are just but a few of the many sad tales. What we have to understand is that, as a society, we are bathing in situational and generational poverty. These are not normal exploits for survival; they are products, of greed and hopelessness in which a human can do anything to sustain himself, including legalizing crime as an alternative to traditional employment.

They are long- term economic struggle that naturally follows when people are pushed into the wall of despair, and consequently careless for the aftereffect of their actions, even if means killing the whole country, which seems to be the simmering news that will one day, shock us.

The entire Tanzanian society is forming a culture that limits chances for future generations. We have cultural belief that celebrates success derived from shortcuts regarded as crime. There is no exception to this. From top down of our societal structure, corruption and "Uchakachuaji" are celebrated. Children in our country are growing up believing that their present circumstances are determined only by fate and factors beyond their control, which includes obstruction of others wellbeing, as long as you enrich yourself. This is living in a social edge that will soon explode if we don't rethink, and only urging you the reader to suggest an alternative.

Mungu Ibariki Tanzania
John Mashaka
Mashaka.john@yahoo.com

Well written. The 10th parliament has the opportunity to find medication to cure the gross malfunction of government and its agencies. I also think the private sector has a role to play in our society today, we need entrepreneurs who can show best practices and be the alternative to the government in providing services. PM Pinda's speech shows the "intention" to move to a different direction. His mantle "mtoto wa mkulima" also signifies this intention. We have freshmen MPs who have shown their readiness to challenge the powerful for the sake of a common mwananchi. This is a step for realizing the "ukombozi wa mwananchi wa kawaida". I bet Mwalimu (RIP) is looking down on these developments and perhaps saying - change is coming to his beloved Tanzania.

Watu wengine bwana, badala ya kuchangia mada, wao wanajadili watu. swala unaliona lakini? au ndo wale wakina demu mrembo wa kule
h-towni

Ntachangia mada vipi wakati lugha convoluted? Si ndiyo maana nikasema bora angeandika Kiswahili angeondoa barrier.

Kuna watu tukiona mtu ana butcher lugha za watu tunashindwa hata kuelewa mada.

Mi nishaandika sana, tatizo ninakoandika subscription fee yake huiwezi, na sitaki kujijulisha jina.
Hujaulizwa umeandika wapi, mara ngapi au msomaji atalipa nini..We lete hiyo article hata moja tu tuione..acha longolongo au kama huna sema tu hamna haja ya kurefusha maneno.

BTW, Kiranga, hiyo habari za 'subscription fee' huiwezi is just classic of your pompous unproven self-elevated status..hunijui sikujui, unaezaje kusema siwezi kulipia subscription fee? unanikumbusha mbwiga mwingine kama wewe yule 'Maina wa Uk'...

kwi kwi kwi..

BTW, Kiranga, hiyo habari za 'subscription fee' huiwezi is just classic of your pompous unproven self-elevated status..hunijui sikujui, unaezaje kusema siwezi kulipia subscription fee? unanikumbusha mbwiga mwingine kama wewe yule 'Maina wa Uk'...

kwi kwi kwi..

Abdulhalim:

Maina gani huyo mkuu? Kuna jamaa UK anamfahamu kila kibosile Tanzania. Yeye ni usalama wa taifa. Yeye anayo namba ya simu Kikwete. Kama ni huyo jamaa, basi yule mjomba ni class ya pekee yake.

Abdulhalim:

Maina gani huyo mkuu? Kuna jamaa UK anamfahamu kila kibosile Tanzania. Yeye ni usalama wa taifa. Yeye anayo namba ya simu Kikwete. Kama ni huyo jamaa, basi yule mjomba ni class ya pekee yake.

Thinker Za10,

Hapana, umemchanganya..kuna Maina mmoja alikuja na thread yake hapa JF akiji-refer ktk third person singular..'flani bin flan wa UK' ktk kutilia hoja yake ili ionekane magirini fulani kwamba imetoka mtoni..Watu wakamzodoa akakimbia thread yake mwenyewe.

To understand the intricacies of life for ordinary Tanzanians, and how they live on social edge, is as complex as paradigm shift of humanity itself. Millions of Tanzanians are living on simmering time bomb set to go off at any time. May sound utopian type of thinking, but not quite so, until you learn how a Tanzanian is putting his and others lives in line, for the sake of riches triggered by poverty.

Today, Transformer fuel is being used in food business. Due to its slow burning capability, this oil is a precious commodity in the chips vumbi business. Many street vendors are using it extensively to fry chips, without knowing its negative or adverse effects to the peoples health. The vendors main objective is to maximize their profits at a minimal cost, at the expense of unsuspecting consumer.

There is a new inclination, in which some in poultry, and pig farming, are reaping huge profits within the shortest period of time; feeding chicken and pigs human medicine. Out of curiosity, shock and dismay, I went deeper to find out how in the world could this happen. My findings were rather desolate and shocking, to know that, Antiretroviral (ARVs), meant for HIV victims, were now being fed to pigs and poultry, because they hasten growth; hence, quick and huge profits turnaround to farmers. My only question was, how could this happen in a country with the government, law enforces and health officials; Human medicine being diverted for farm animal usage?

The entire Tanzanian society is forming a culture that limits chances for future generations. We have cultural belief that celebrates success derived from shortcuts regarded as crime. There is no exception to this. From top down of our societal structure, corruption and Uchakachuaji are celebrated. Children in our country are growing up believing that their present circumstances are determined only by fate and factors beyond their control, which includes obstruction of others wellbeing, as long as you enrich yourself. This is living in a social edge that will soon explode if we dont rethink, and only urging you the reader to suggest an alternative.

Mungu Ibariki Tanzania
John Mashaka
Mashaka.john@yahoo.com

Sure the government has a big role on this problem. We have reached a point where every commodity you come across it is believed to be not natural/fake/not genuine. Kikwete while in Moshi on his official visit paid the price for not taking appropriate actions to address this problem. The presidential vehicle failed to ignite and the whole company got stranded. Surprisingly, no serious actions were taken against the owner of that petrol station.

Thinker Za10,

Hapana, umemchanganya..kuna Maina mmoja alikuja na thread yake hapa JF akiji-refer ktk third person singular..'flani bin flan wa UK' ktk kutilia hoja yake ili ionekane magirini fulani kwamba imetoka mtoni..Watu wakamzodoa akakimbia thread yake mwenyewe.

For sure nimechanganya madawa. Anyway, kutumia majina mengi nayo ni sanaa ya online. Kuna vidume hapa vinatumia majina ya kike ku-make point.

Sure the government has a big role on this problem. We have reached a point where every commodity you come across it is believed to be not natural/fake/not genuine. Kikwete while in Moshi on his official visit paid the price for not taking appropriate actions to address this problem. The presidential vehicle failed to ignite and the whole company got stranded. Surprisingly, no serious actions were taken against the owner of that petrol station.

haya ndo maisha ya kibongo.

For sure nimechanganya madawa. Anyway, kutumia majina mengi nayo ni sanaa ya online. Kuna vidume hapa vinatumia majina ya kike ku-make point.

Breaking news ni kwamba, January Makamba ndiye John Mashaka, makubwa

Good substance, but on style, I am not sure on it. Once again, majority of Tanzanians still believe that uses of vocabulary that are not popular to majority of people shows that you are more educated. When you try to read articles written by Tanzania scholars, sometimes you have to use dictionary because many words they use are not common to english speakers audience. I'd rather read article written by western scholars than these people who write by the aid of dictionary without knowing that what they write does not make sense at all and create more ambiguity.

Some of these authors use cumbersome words as a sign of richness of language, and reflection of being highly educated. I would not be surprised when they are interviewed, they cannot express themselves in an articulate way to be understood. Sometimes, those students at St. Mary's High School speak better than them. My advise to them is that they need to spend time watching western TV and observe what kind of words are common to ordinary audience. While I cannot understand Kikwete when he speaks English, I am astonished by his writing which has richness of vocabulary which many of words don't make sense and I cannot understand them. Once again Tanzanians, language is just a medium of communication, when you speak foreign language and find that native speakers do not understand you, then you must know that you are using wrong words.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom