Jinsi ya kufungua akaunti ya paypal na usalama wake

Mshiiri

JF-Expert Member
Jun 16, 2008
Dear all
Have registered for a new paypal account using the CRDB debit card and that my account was charged by paypal US$ 1.95 and the code sent to the bank. On requesting the bank statement I do not get the paypal code but the transaction code through my bank. How one get the PAYPAL CODE through a bank statement from CRDB bank.

Is it possible to withdraw the money from the PAYPAL account to my CRDB account? How safe is PAYPAL? Is it possible to reverse a transaction once authorised?

Naomba kuwakilisha!

===========
Habar wana jukwaa naomba mnisaidie jinsi ya kufungua paypal acc kwani kila nikijaribu nakutana na kikwazo cha zipcode na state natakiwa nijaze kitu gani katika sehemu hizo nipo mtwara natanguliza shukrani wakuu.

==============================================
MAJIBU YA WADAU
=======================================
pole sana muzee, soma maelezo haya ya mkuu ramthod

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by and take some time to read my post - which is all about Getting your CRDB VISA Card to work with PayPal and MoneyBookers accounts.

I know some of you may have wondered whether it is possible to use PayPal or MoneyBookers with CRDB VISA card. The answer is CRDB Card works seamlessly with both, but not until you follow the details I share in this post.

First thing first! I am not a CRDB sales person. I simply want to help interested JF members get their CRDB card to work with PayPal or MoneyBookers with least hustles possible. If you don't know why you would need PayPal, just hold on - I cover that shortly!

Why CRDB?
In case you want to know why I picked CRDB, my reasons are clear:
If you are an average Tanzanian like me, and your pay check is not +3mil/month, then stick with CRDB.

I have used Exim Bank and Standard Chartered, but these guys are nothing but money vampires! Their services are ridiculously expensive for what you get for free at CRDB. For example Standard Charter charges you 10$/month + certain % of every transaction you make. CRDB charges you nothing and let you go free of monthly charges. Do I even need to mention why CRDB is the best?

Why PayPal or MoneyBookers?
Now we have started our lesson. I understand not everyone of you is familiar with the advantages of using PayPal or MoneyBookers. So before I proceed, let us take a brief look at the risks involved in using Credit Cards and why PalPay or MoneyBookers is your savior.

For those of you who have never had a chance to shop online, the bad thing is that, if someone knows your credit card number which is printed on your card, he can go online and take money from your account without even knowing your ATM pin number!

What your thief needs is your credit card number + card verification code which are both printed and clearly visible from your VISA Card. CRDB VISA card has a 16 digit number printed on the front (this is the credit card number) and another 3 digit number printed on the back. (this is the card verification code, or CCV)

So, before you sign up for VISA service, think twice!

When you make an online purchase, you must supply these two pieces of information to the merchant. This means, unscrupulous merchants could latter on use the information you game them to make another unauthorized transactions, all charged against your account,which is a form of online theft!

If you don't trust the party your doing business with, never give them your credit card details!

Fortunately, PayPal/MoneyBookers allows you to make online payments without having to give the merchant your credit card details.

This is why using a service like PayPal or MoneyBookers is considered safer than other traditional ways.

If you are concerned about online theft, I recommend you always use PayPal or MoneyBookers whenever possible to prevent your credit card from being abused.

What do I need to use PayPal?

1. Firstly, you need either a credit or debit card. CRDB provides only debit card called VISA Electron. Application for VISA is free. If your CRDB ATM card does not have a VISA logo on the top right corner, you must ask CRDB to give you a new card. CRDB VISA Tembo cards have a VISA logo on the top right corner of your ATM card.

2. Secondly, and most important, you need to register for CRDB Internet Banking. Without this service, you will have nightmares using PayPal. It simply won't work.

CRDB charges you 30,000 one time set up fee for internet banking service. There are no monthly fees and you can check your balance, transaction history, transfer money to another account etc etc right from your computer with internet connection.

3. Thirdly, I HIGHLY recommend a USD account. I know most of us have TSH accounts. Though TSH accounts works seamlessly with PayPal, I will bet you can't do the same with MoneyBookers. So just get one!

If you have a TSH account, getting a USD account is easy. Just just write letter to CRDB branch requesting for a USD account and will be set up for you, using same details you provided when you opened your TSH account. TSH and USD accounts uses the same account number though, except that USD account starts with 02 and TSH accounts start with 01.

For example my TSH account is 01J20 XXXX XXXX and my USD account is 02J20 XXXX XXXX. Yes, if you want to donate, just deposit some money, teh teh teh!

But be careful, CRDB charges you 1% of the total amount you withdraw from a USD account. Don't put your money in if you are planning to withdraw it.

4. You need to register with PalPay. Just go to their website
www.paypal.com. The rest of the process is trivial.

You will need to verify your account after completing registration process. To verify your account, PayPal sends to your account a random number. This number will appear in your bank statement in 1 - 4 days. But don't go to CRDB asking for your bank statement if you are looking for this number!

CRDB Bank statements never includes such details. Just go to your Internet Banking account instead. A lot of people have had problems getting this verification code, thinking that it would appear in a bank statement. Just don't bother!

To register with MoneyBookers, just go to their site
www.moneybookers.com

The process of registered with MoneyBookers is more or less the same to registering with PayPal. The only difference is that, instead of random numbers, money bookers withdraws a small random amount of money from your account, less than $2.9 I think.

You would then need to verify your MoneyBookers account by entering the exact amount they withdrew which only the account owner can know.

If you CRDB account is in TSH, you will have problems because the transaction will appear in TSH, not USD. It is hard to tell which amount MoneyBookers actually took from your account even if you knew the exchange rate CRDB used. That's why I recommend a USD account.

nadhani maelezo hayo yatakusaidia, pamoja na ufuatiliaji wa kutosha kule crdb! thanks to mkubwa ramthod

Dear all

Have registered for a new paypal account using the CRDB debit card and that my account was charged by paypal US$ 1.95 and the code sent to the bank. On requesting the bank statement I do not get the paypal code but the transaction code through my bank. How one get the PAYPAL CODE through a bank statement from CRDB bank.

Is it possible to withdraw the money from the PAYPAL account to my CRDB account?

How safe is PAYPAL? Is it possible to reverse a transaction once authorised?

Naomba kuwakilisha!

pole sana muzee, soma maelezo haya ya mkuu ramthod

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by and take some time to read my post - which is all about Getting your CRDB VISA Card to work with PayPal and MoneyBookers accounts.

I know some of you may have wondered whether it is possible to use PayPal or MoneyBookers with CRDB VISA card. The answer is CRDB Card works seamlessly with both, but not until you follow the details I share in this post.

First thing first! I am not a CRDB sales person. I simply want to help interested JF members get their CRDB card to work with PayPal or MoneyBookers with least hustles possible. If you don't know why you would need PayPal, just hold on - I cover that shortly!

Why CRDB?
In case you want to know why I picked CRDB, my reasons are clear:
If you are an average Tanzanian like me, and your pay check is not +3mil/month, then stick with CRDB.

I have used Exim Bank and Standard Chartered, but these guys are nothing but money vampires! Their services are ridiculously expensive for what you get for free at CRDB. For example Standard Charter charges you 10$/month + certain % of every transaction you make. CRDB charges you nothing and let you go free of monthly charges. Do I even need to mention why CRDB is the best?

Why PayPal or MoneyBookers?
Now we have started our lesson. I understand not everyone of you is familiar with the advantages of using PayPal or MoneyBookers. So before I proceed, let us take a brief look at the risks involved in using Credit Cards and why PalPay or MoneyBookers is your savior.

For those of you who have never had a chance to shop online, the bad thing is that, if someone knows your credit card number which is printed on your card, he can go online and take money from your account without even knowing your ATM pin number!

What your thief needs is your credit card number + card verification code which are both printed and clearly visible from your VISA Card. CRDB VISA card has a 16 digit number printed on the front (this is the credit card number) and another 3 digit number printed on the back. (this is the card verification code, or CCV)

So, before you sign up for VISA service, think twice!

When you make an online purchase, you must supply these two pieces of information to the merchant. This means, unscrupulous merchants could latter on use the information you game them to make another unauthorized transactions, all charged against your account,which is a form of online theft!

If you don't trust the party your doing business with, never give them your credit card details!

Fortunately, PayPal/MoneyBookers allows you to make online payments without having to give the merchant your credit card details.

This is why using a service like PayPal or MoneyBookers is considered safer than other traditional ways.

If you are concerned about online theft, I recommend you always use PayPal or MoneyBookers whenever possible to prevent your credit card from being abused.

What do I need to use PayPal?

1. Firstly, you need either a credit or debit card. CRDB provides only debit card called VISA Electron. Application for VISA is free. If your CRDB ATM card does not have a VISA logo on the top right corner, you must ask CRDB to give you a new card. CRDB VISA Tembo cards have a VISA logo on the top right corner of your ATM card.

2. Secondly, and most important, you need to register for CRDB Internet Banking. Without this service, you will have nightmares using PayPal. It simply won't work.

CRDB charges you 30,000 one time set up fee for internet banking service. There are no monthly fees and you can check your balance, transaction history, transfer money to another account etc etc right from your computer with internet connection.

3. Thirdly, I HIGHLY recommend a USD account. I know most of us have TSH accounts. Though TSH accounts works seamlessly with PayPal, I will bet you can't do the same with MoneyBookers. So just get one!

If you have a TSH account, getting a USD account is easy. Just just write letter to CRDB branch requesting for a USD account and will be set up for you, using same details you provided when you opened your TSH account. TSH and USD accounts uses the same account number though, except that USD account starts with 02 and TSH accounts start with 01.

For example my TSH account is 01J20 XXXX XXXX and my USD account is 02J20 XXXX XXXX. Yes, if you want to donate, just deposit some money, teh teh teh!

But be careful, CRDB charges you 1% of the total amount you withdraw from a USD account. Don't put your money in if you are planning to withdraw it.

4. You need to register with PalPay. Just go to their website
www.paypal.com. The rest of the process is trivial.

You will need to verify your account after completing registration process. To verify your account, PayPal sends to your account a random number. This number will appear in your bank statement in 1 - 4 days. But don't go to CRDB asking for your bank statement if you are looking for this number!

CRDB Bank statements never includes such details. Just go to your Internet Banking account instead. A lot of people have had problems getting this verification code, thinking that it would appear in a bank statement. Just don't bother!

To register with MoneyBookers, just go to their site
www.moneybookers.com

The process of registered with MoneyBookers is more or less the same to registering with PayPal. The only difference is that, instead of random numbers, money bookers withdraws a small random amount of money from your account, less than $2.9 I think.

You would then need to verify your MoneyBookers account by entering the exact amount they withdrew which only the account owner can know.

If you CRDB account is in TSH, you will have problems because the transaction will appear in TSH, not USD. It is hard to tell which amount MoneyBookers actually took from your account even if you knew the exchange rate CRDB used. That's why I recommend a USD account.

nadhani maelezo hayo yatakusaidia, pamoja na ufuatiliaji wa kutosha kule crdb! thanks to mkubwa ramthod

Clear and open main part solution!

1. Thks Guys BUT can one withdraw money from PAYPAL account into CRDB account? One more to help.

2. How safe is PAYPAL. Can one reverse a transaction once authorised?

well paypal ndio safe zaidi kuliko zote online, and kabla hujafanya malipo yoyote online soma terms and conditions vizuri, kama kuna kipengele cha money back guarantee basi paypal ndio pekee yenye service hiyo.

That is kama umelipia kitu online na hujapata ulicholipia unaweza kucomplain paypal wao wata-deal na huyo mwenye website akulipe but as long as kuna hicho kipengele cha money back guarantee.

Plus soma terms and conditions za paypal vizuri kuna baadhi ya vitu hawaruhusu ukifanya hivyo wanaweza kublock your paypal account na itakuwia vigumu sana kuipata hiyo pesa so be very careful na safe way uwe unatoa pesa kwenye your paypal account usiiache ikakaa muda mrefu.

Kwa info zaidi nenda kwenye forums online usome kuhusu paypal ili usiingie mkenge

Kuhusu CRDB sifahamu japo nami ningependa kujua

Clear and open main part solution!

1. Thks Guys BUT can one withdraw money from PAYPAL account into CRDB account? One more to help.

2. How safe is PAYPAL. Can one reverse a transaction once authorised?

Mshiiri:

YOU CAN'T withdraw money from PayPal Account into CRDB Account. That is NOT POSSIBLE at least for the time being.

If your PayPal account is Tanzanian - you can ONLY SEND money to another PayPal account or PAY for merchandise, but you CANNOT RECEIVE money from ANY OTHER PalPal Account. By "any other account" I mean, even from another Tanzanian PayPal account.

Tanzania PayPal Accounts can only credits other accounts.

About safety - PayPal is generally Safe or Safer than many other online payment systems you might have come across. I have been using CRDB PayPal account for about a year now - No single fraud so far. I highly recommend it.

nini maana ya Address Line 1
Address Line 2 (optional)
City
State / Province / Region
Postal Code
CountryTanzania unaweka adress gani apo

Kama wiki moja iliyopita nilitembelea site ya paypal.Wakati wa ku register nilichoka kabisa.Kila nikiweka namba credit card ninaambiwa hiyo card haipo mara naambiwa hizo namba hazijakamilika.Nime hangaika sana mwishowe nikaona ni bora niwasiliane na benki yenyewe kabisa(Exim bank). Cha ajabu nimewatumia email hadi sasa wapo kimya. Nimeona bora niombe mawazo yako.

Kama kuna umewahi kufanikiwa kutumia paypal hapa TZ ulitumia credit card ya benki gani?Na hayo malipo yanayofanyika kwa paypal kwa hapa nyumbani yanawezekana?(manake benki hawashindwi kuniambia 'hatuna uwezo huo')
Please help me.

Kama wiki moja iliyopita nilitembelea site ya paypal.Wakati wa ku register nilichoka kabisa.Kila nikiweka namba credit card ninaambiwa hiyo card haipo mara naambiwa hizo namba hazijakamilika.Nime hangaika sana mwishowe nikaona ni bora niwasiliane na benki yenyewe kabisa(Exim bank).Cha ajabu nimewatumia email hadi sasa wapo kimya.Nimeona bora niombe mawazo yako.
Kama kuna umewahi kufanikiwa kutumia paypal hapa TZ ulitumia credit card ya benki gani?Na hayo malipo yanayofanyika kwa paypal kwa hapa nyumbani yanawezekana?(manake benki hawashindwi kuniambia 'hatuna uwezo huo')
Please help me.
kama una ya CRDB au Standard bank itakuwa ni rahisi zaidi hata hivyo lazima ukajaze fomu ya kukuruhusu kutumia online, exim bank wazushi tu

kama una ya CRDB au Standard bank itakuwa ni rahisi zaidi hata hivyo lazima ukajaze fomu ya kukuruhusu kutumia online, exim bank wazushi tu

Hivi nikienda kufungua akaunti huko CRDB watakaponipa hiyo credit card nikitaka hiyo fomu watanipa siku hiyohiyo?

CRDB wanayo credit card......VISA

Ukifungua account unaomba VISA card ambayo by default inatumika kwenye ATM na POS tu....ukitaka kutumia online, unajaza form....ambayo inachukua kama wiki hivi kuprocess......CRDB VISA inafanya kazi kwenye PayPal kama kawa.

Ukifungua account unaomba VISA card ambayo by default inatumika kwenye ATM na POS tu....ukitaka kutumia online, unajaza form....ambayo inachukua kama wiki hivi kuprocess......CRDB VISA inafanya kazi kwenye PayPal kama kawa.

Mkuu, unaweza kufafanua kidogo hatua, esp baada ya mtu keshawezesha ac yake online! (mara nyingi crdb wanasumbua sana, na hata customer care wao wengi hawafahamu mambo ya online banking kwa undani).
Utakuwa umesaidia wengi

Sio kirahisi kama unavyosema, utaweza ku link Visa Card yako na PayPal ila ngoma inakuja kwenye ku confirm maana PayPal wanakuchaji pesa kidogo halafu kuna code (four digits PayPal code) wanakuambia utaiona kwenye bank statement ili uweze kumalizia taratibu zao, ila huioni ng'o na hata ukitumia online banking statement.

Wenyewe CRDB ukiwauliza hupati msaada wa kueleweka, labda jaribu bank nyingine kama NBC, SCB na Barclays ambazo sijajaribu.

Mkuu hata credit card yenyewe huwezi kupewa siku hiyo hiyo inachukua siku 7-10,nafikiri unaweza kujaza fomu hizo pindi unapochukua card yako.

Mkuu hiyo ya kukaa siku 7 hadi 10 naielewa.Kipindi nafuatilia kadi yangu Exim bank mbona nilikoma?Miezi miwili mizima!siku wananipa wananiambia eti mtu anayehusika kutoa password hayupo,nikazunguka tena mwezi na nusu.Huwezi amini siku wananipa password naambiwa nikae tena wiki moja ndo nianze kuitumia.we acha tu!
hapo CRDB ndio sijui nitatumia muda gani niweze kutumia kadi yangu online.

Doh!asante mkuu,jamani kama kuna anayetumia kati ya barclays au CRDB na kashafanikiwa kuunganishwa online atujulishe kidogo tusiingie hovyo.

Sio kirahisi kama unavyosema, utaweza ku link Visa Card yako na PayPal ila ngoma inakuja kwenye ku confirm maana PayPal wanakuchaji pesa kidogo halafu kuna code (four digits PayPal code) wanakuambia utaiona kwenye bank statement ili uweze kumalizia taratibu zao, ila huioni ng'o na hata ukitumia online banking statement.

Wenyewe CRDB ukiwauliza hupati msaada wa kueleweka, labda jaribu bank nyingine kama NBC, SCB na Barclays ambazo sijajaribu.

Thank you for the 'heads up'

mabenki yetu na miyeyusho tu, mi nilijisajili crdb online banking, lakini niliishia kukatwa hela tu sikuwahi kufanya transaction yoyote hadi nilipoamua kujitoa napo bado hawajajibu naenda mwezi wa pili sasa. nilichoambulia ni siku moja niliona balance yangu tu, basi! siku nyingine niki-request naambiwa pasword haitambuliki na wal mie sijawahi kubadili wala kusahau pasword yangu! kuna kipindi waliniomba radhi kwa usumbufu na wakaahidi kuwa hautajirudia tena na kuwa umeisha kabisa, wapi bwana hadi leo madudu ni yaleyale hadi nilipoamua kujitoa kabisa kwenye huduma ile,

mabenki yetu na miyeyusho tu, mi nilijisajili crdb online banking, lakini niliishia kukatwa hela tu sikuwahi kufanya transaction yoyote hadi nilipoamua kujitoa napo bado hawajajibu naenda mwezi wa pili sasa. nilichoambulia ni siku moja niliona balance yangu tu, basi! siku nyingine niki-request naambiwa pasword haitambuliki na wal mie sijawahi kubadili wala kusahau pasword yangu! kuna kipindi waliniomba radhi kwa usumbufu na wakaahidi kuwa hautajirudia tena na kuwa umeisha kabisa, wapi bwana hadi leo madudu ni yaleyale hadi nilipoamua kujitoa kabisa kwenye huduma ile,

Dah!pole sana,sasa ulivyojitoa ulihamia kwenye bank ipi?au ndio umeachana na mambo ya online banking?

Back
Top Bottom