Jinsi Rais wa zamani wa Liberia, Ellen Johnson alivyomuelezea Rais Samia Suluhu kwenye gazeti la Time

Gordian Anduru

JF-Expert Member
Apr 16, 2021
samia.jpg

BY ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF

MAY 23, 2022 6:06 AM EDT

President Samia Suluhu Hassan took office in March 2021, and her leadership has been a tonic. That year has made a big difference to Tanzania. A door has opened for dialogue between political rivals, steps have been taken to rebuild trust in the democratic system, efforts have been made to increase press freedom, and women and girls have a new role model.

In September 2021, just a few months into her presidency, Suluhu Hassan delivered a landmark speech as only the fifth African woman leader ever to address the U.N. General Assembly. She stood on the spot where I stood 15 years before as the first democratically elected woman President in Africa.

“As the first female President in the history of my country,” she said, “the burden of expectation to deliver gender equality is heavier on my shoulders.”

As she spoke these powerful words, I couldn’t help but think how strong the shoulders of women leaders are and how much they can make a difference.

Sirleaf is the former President of Liberia and a Nobel Peace Prize winner

CONTACT US AT LETTERS@TIME.COM.

Chanzo Samia Suluhu Hassan: The 100 Most Influential People of 2022

View attachment 2236163

BY ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF

President Samia Suluhu Hassan took office in March 2021, and her leadership has been a tonic. That year has made a big difference to Tanzania. A door has opened for dialogue between political rivals, steps have been taken to rebuild trust in the democratic system, efforts have been made to increase press freedom, and women and girls have a new role model.

In September 2021, just a few months into her presidency, Suluhu Hassan delivered a landmark speech as only the fifth African woman leader ever to address the U.N. General Assembly. She stood on the spot where I stood 15 years before as the first democratically elected woman President in Africa.

“As the first female President in the history of my country,” she said, “the burden of expectation to deliver gender equality is heavier on my shoulders.”

As she spoke these powerful words, I couldn’t help but think how strong the shoulders of women leaders are and how much they can make a difference.

Yes! But she must do better and faster!

Kitu kinamponza Samia ni hiyo miguu ya kuku anayopewa na Kikwete, otherwise she stands a good chance of winning accolades!

... ingetokea yule afufuke ashuhudie haya yanayotea just a short period since departure angekufa ghafla and forever! Nchi ilifikia mahali ungedhani ni wanyama walikuwa wanaishi humu sio binadamu wenye akili timamu!

Nilijua tu atazungumzia gender, coz yale mambo yetu ya ndani ya kula kwa urefu wa kamba wala hayajui.

View attachment 2236163

BY ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF

Hata Magu mlimsifia sana. Sasa ndio mna fukua makaburi kuelezea sura yake halisi

View attachment 2236163

BY ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF

Tunamuombea rais wetu kwa Mwenyezi Mungu ili aendelee kumpa hekima ya kuongoza nchi yetu.

Safi sana, mama anasifiwa dunia nzima kwa mambo mema. Nchi ilichafuka sana enzi za awamu ya tano
Mkuu..nakukumbuka ulikuwa ni miongoni mliotukana sana wakosoaji wa Magufuli.
Inajuwaje leo utoe kauli hii?

BY ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF

Indeed SSH is making a big difference by turning away from the majority of her people by embracing the mighty ones (those with a financial muscle)

Back
Top Bottom