Jenerali azungumzia 'uhusiano' wa JK na EL

Zak Malang

JF-Expert Member
Dec 30, 2008

As CCM intrigues intensify, everyone's talking about Ole Millya... Ole who?

By JENERALI ULIMWENGU

Ordinarily, a regional chief of a youth organisation of a political party would be small fry, and whatever he did would not add up to much in the general scheme of things political.

Still, when James Ole Millya, chair of the Arusha CCM regional youth wing, made a personal decision last week, it was something to write home about.

The young man called a press meeting to state that he was resigning all his party leadership positions, quitting the party he had been born into and - the shocker - joining the main opposition party and CCM's current nemesis, Chadema.

But why would this relatively unimportant young man in a provincial setting have the chattering classes agog by simply changing party allegiance in a system where parties actually mean nothing?

For starters, Tanzanian officials never resign from office no matter what goes wrong on their watch.

A ferryboat capsizes, killing hundreds of voyagers and nobody in the transportation sector takes responsibility; a train is derailed and passengers are killed, and nothing happens; an ammunitions dump explodes, killing civilians, seriously damaging property and sowing panic and nobody in the defence ministry seems gravely concerned, et cetera et cetera.

That is when something has gone awry in an area for which someone is supposedly responsible.

There is also the case where someone has been abused by a superior or a system, where they know they are being treated shabbily and that there might be a better world outside the abusive setup, but they simply do not quit, for quitting is un-Tanzanian.

Like the nail on the wall, they keep receiving the hammer blows until the whole edifice crumbles with them in it.

So, why was this young man doing what is not the done thing in our culture, people are still asking.

For one thing, it is well known that this youth is a close ally of former prime minister Edward Lowassa, who resigned five years ago over an energy procurement scandal, but who is consistently reported as having presidential ambitions for 2015.

Lowassa is also known to harbour a grievance against President Jakaya Kikwete because he believes the latter left him holding the bag when they had both been involved in the controversial deal (in fact, in a recent top party caucus chaired by Kikwete, Lowassa said as much).

Lowassa's unhappiness has not been lessened by efforts within his party to make him the sacrificial lamb in a hypocritical campaign against corruption.

There has been speculation that Lowassa, who has a huge following within the ruling party, could leave the party if he suspects it will not choose him as its presidential candidate.

So is Ole Millya a forerunner, a water tester sent to check the temperature both within Chadema and in the reaction of the public before Lowassa joins in?

Or is he - as a section of the press has suggested - a spy embedded within Chadema to gain firsthand knowledge of the main foe Lowassa will face in case his party picks him in 2015?

But statements that have been made thus far suggest that there may be more defections from the ruling party to Chadema in the coming few months, especially during the internal party elections taking place this year, in which the spurious debate over who is corrupt and who is not - in a party that has itself become synonymous with corruption - will create many casualties who may then jump to Chadema.

If that becomes the trend, it may not be long before Chadema is inundated by masses of immigrants from CCM, soon making that opposition party the ruling outfit and sending CCM the way of the Kanus and UNIPs of this world.

Indeed, could Lowassa be saying, if they don't pick me I'll strengthen Chadema and help it form the coming government, even if I am not in it?

Chanzo: The East African

My Take:

Ulimwengu kanifurahisha hapo kwenye red. Yaani JK akasepa na kumwachia EL ameshikilia mfuko peke yake!

Hawa jamaa ni kitu kimoja na hoja sio Lowasa pekee ila kila waziri ni mtu wake wa karibu ndo maana hana jeuru ya kuwafanya lolote kamwe....

siasa za bongo za ajabu sana.. Nawashauri wabunge wenye uchungu na nchi yao wabebe zana (mapanga.. Fimbo na hata bunduki) kwenye bunge lijalo.. Wakimsubiri ****** awawajibishe watendaji wake wataula wa chuya.. Adhabu zitolewe mule mule mjengoni.. Watashika adabu hawa mawaziri..

Duu ma great thinkers wapi kujadili hii kitu au ndio hata kumalizia kuisoma ni issue kisa kithungu.

Ndio maana Mkapa alisema huyu sio Mtz, kidhungu gani sasa hiki jamani.

Ila huyu jamaa kichwa cha ukweli sana.....

Kama kweli nia na dhamira ya Lowassa ni kuhamia Chadema na wapo tayari kumpokea basi Chadema ijiandae kupoteza umaarufu haraka sana na pengine kuona watu wakikihama chama hicho kama inavyotokea leo kwa CCM...Chadema sio kanisani wala mahala pa kumwokoa mhalifu, kama Lowassa anataka sana Urais aanzishe chama chake wapo wengi toka CCM watamfuata ikiwa ni pamoja na huyo Millya..

Haaahaaahaaaa! You guys are very funny... Hivi haya maneno yenu juu ya kizungu huwa mko serious au mnataka tu kutuvunja mbavu?!

I love reading Ulimwengu's weekly piece on the EastAfrican Newspaper, it's not only witty but also the construction of the Queens lingua franca is quite hilarious and entertaining to read through.
I don't know of other writers of his caliber, but he re minds me of Phillip Ochieng, in those days gone by.
Keep it up Jenerali.

I love reading Ulimwengu's weekly piece on the EastAfrican Newspaper, it's not only witty but also the construction of the Queens lingua franca is quite hilarious and entertaining to read through.
I don't know of other writers of his caliber, but he re minds me of Phillip Ochieng, in those days gone by.
Keep it up Jenerali.

halafu wewe MHUTU ulimwengu mbona unapenda kufuatilia sana mambo ya nchi nyingine? huna kwenu?

Duh...kidhungu cha ulaya kabithaaaaa...yani nimetoka kapa!.....nway kosa langu kusoma st kayumba

Wala si kigumu sana kama unavyofikiri. Ulimwengu anatumia mfano mdogo tu kutafusiri makubwa nchi hii. Millya anaweza kuwa mdogo lakini akawa kielelezo cha makubwa yajayo. Wakati Mnyezi mungu alipomchukua mchunga mbuzi na kondoo wa mzee Yesse, Daudi, na akamfanya Mfarume Katika nyumba ya Yuda hakuangalia wingi wa mvi kichwani wala urefu wa mwili na uzuri wa uso kama wa Sauli bali unyenyekevu wa roho yake.

Hata leo Mungu anaweza kutonyesha njia kwa kumtumia Millya. Millya amekuwa mwanasiasa mahili ndani ya CCM. Na ameweza kupambana na vibopa wa CCM katika maswala ya msingi kabisa. Kwa hiyo sitashangaa kama atakuja kuwa kama mashujaa wengine wa Chadema kama akina Mbowe, Slaa, Zitto, Mdee, Lissu, Mnyika, Lema na wengine wengi.

Kwa hiyo Generali ee . Usimshangae Millya, bali mheshimu Mungu aliyemuwezesha kuuona Mwanga wakati muwafaka wa mapambano zidi ya ufisadi nchini mwetu. Hakika tutashinda. Kwa sababu Mungu yuko upande wetu.

And so, the question Ole Who? He is just another guy who is trying to make an impression on this general war against corruption in our beutful Country.

Indeed, could Lowassa be saying, if they don't pick me I'll strengthen Chadema and help it form the coming government, even if I am not in it?

Chanzo: The East African

I can see this happening now
but I don't know what course of action then going to take (bado wanapimana nguvu)
I can see EL started sending his boys to CDM..eg. Millya and the others And he is strengthen his base "fundraising day after ..like he is in full time campaign mode'

it's true in other side but really EL and JK are all friends they know what their doing especially in politics issue. We need to be carefully to them even Millya don't trust him much, may be he came to see what is beyond CDM.

Jenerali writes as if there is no precedent for resignation in Tanzania while that is not the case. Mwinyi and Lowassa are two examples.

I can see this happening now
but I don't know what course of action then going to take (bado wanapimana nguvu)
I can see EL started sending his boys to CDM..eg. Millya and the others And he is strengthen his base "fundraising day after ..like he is in full time campaign mode'

Well there is no doubt that evil pact JK and EL had has already been broken, and EL is increasing becoming a worrysome figure. He is clearly in a make it or break it mode, which is not only dangerous to CCM but also very dangerous to Tanzania. When Horace Kolimba was about to strengthen the opposition after he saw the ruling party has lost the bearing, he was killed instantly, that is because he was not powerful than Ali Hassan Mwinyi and because he was not rich enough to buy allegiances. Now it is very obvious that EL is in a situation where he thinks that "if it is not me, then fcuk the party and fcuk the country". This means he is as dangerous as misguided missile. I wonder why they have not been able to deal with him. They have been raising voices on "kujivua gamba" but the real "gamba" is not even being mentioned, and has proven to be huge liability to the party, a very good asset to the opposition.

If what Jenerali says is true, then we may have to start to look at CDM with a different eye. It may be hard to trust CDM if it is in playbook of EL, kama ni kweli (i hope it is not) ni afadhari kukiamini chama kingine ambacho hakiwezi kutumika. If CDM wins the election in 2015, we are hoping that she will deal with wezi, how can she do it if she is bought and being used by them?

Kama kweli nia na dhamira ya Lowassa ni kuhamia Chadema na wapo tayari kumpokea basi Chadema ijiandae kupoteza umaarufu haraka sana na pengine kuona watu wakikihama chama hicho kama inavyotokea leo kwa CCM...Chadema sio kanisani wala mahala pa kumwokoa mhalifu, kama Lowassa anataka sana Urais aanzishe chama chake wapo wengi toka CCM watamfuata ikiwa ni pamoja na huyo Millya..

Huu ndo ukweli wa mchana. Huwezi kuwa unapinga ufisadi wakati huo unakaribisha mafisadi nyumbani mwako. Potelea mbali Lowasa na pesa zake na nguvu zake kisiasa. Akiingia CDM na akapokelewa basi nchi itakuwa haina chama cha siasa chenye nia ya kweli ya kuikomboa nchi. Na CDM itakufa haraka zaidi kuliko hata hiyo CCM.

Jenerali writes as if there is no precedent for resignation in Tanzania while that is not the case. Mwinyi and Lowassa are two examples.

The incidencies and scandles which politically demand resignation of personalities are enomous. Two examples for the political life time of tanzania since independence are not enough to justfy political responsibility for government officials. This is drop in the sea. We need to see more officials taking responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom