Jamica urges calm after drug lord is arrested and extradited to USA.

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Jamaica urges calm after nabbing top fugitive

capt.cd6b0151aa7a4ca09f410c9fcc946785-1e2d19fdfd7e4763bb6f79461a526d56-0.jpg

KINGSTON, Jamaica – Hunted by security forces across Jamaica, reputed drug baron Christopher "Dudus" Coke sought out a preacher's advice and tried to turn himself in to U.S. marshals. He was caught by police at a highway checkpoint before he could get there.

Now, Jamaica's top police office is appealing for cool heads, urging Coke's gangland supporters to allow the law to take its course following his arrest Tuesday. Last month, fighting between security forces and gunmen loyal to the man dubbed by U.S. authorities as one of the world's most dangerous drug lords killed 76 people.

"I would like to appeal to the families, friends and sympathizers of Christopher Coke to remain calm," Police Commissioner Owen Ellington said after the capture of Jamaica's No. 1 fugitive, who eluded the bloody police offensive in his West Kingston slum stronghold.

Security forces "are taking every step possible to ensure his safety and well-being while he is in our custody," Ellington said Tuesday night, adding that legal proceedings against Coke should get under way quickly.

The 42-year-old Coke, who faces trial in New York on drug-trafficking and gunrunning charges, is said to fear suffering the same fate as his father, a gang leader who died in a prison fire in 1992 while awaiting extradition to the U.S. on drug charges.

Ellington said Coke was caught by police manning a vehicle checkpoint along a highway, but added that other "circumstances of (Coke's) arrest are being investigated." He said police were acting on intelligence.

The Rev. Al Miller, an influential evangelical preacher who facilitated the surrender of Coke's brother earlier this month, told The Associated Press that Coke was heading to surrender to authorities at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston when police stopped his convoy on a highway outside the capital.

"A contact was made on his behalf that he wanted to give himself in," Miller said. "I therefore made arrangements with his lawyers because he wanted to go ahead with the extradition process, so we communicated with the U.S. Embassy because that's where he would feel more comfortable."

Miller said police took Coke to the nearby Spanish Town police headquarters, then flew him to Kingston.
Last month, a U.S.law enforcement official in New York, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the AP that a lawyer for Coke was negotiating with the Justice Department about his client's possible safe removal to New York to face charges.

A phone listed for Coke's lead attorney, Don Foote, went unanswered.

Jamaica urges calm after nabbing top fugitive - Yahoo! News

Very interesting..criminal turns himself to the authorities to face the court of law!!! Itabidi mafisadi nao wafanye hivyo...wasikilize preaching ya mzee wetu sir watubu na kujipeleka polisi haraka.

Police ask Al Miller asked to turn himself in

Jamaican police are asking the Reverend Al Miller to immediately turn himself in at any Police Station along with his lawyer for questioning as he is a major person of interest on a matter currently being investigated by the Police.

Go-Jamaica :: Police ask Al Miller asked to turn himself in :: News

Comments:

====================================================
a what this now all the pastor them want.

Yesterday, 18:53:45

Story come to bump.

Yesterday, 18:56:20

==============================================================
Chat bout him a bring in Dudus to embassy

Yesterday, 19:16:37

well Rev.it seem as if the Lord was not on your side

Yesterday, 19:28:08

===============================================================
Lawd, me no surprise. They need to arrest Pastor now. So many people died and him knew all along. DISGUSTING.

Yesterday, 19:29:20

NOW HELL GO POP OFF A TOWN DEY BETTA BARRICADE DA PO STATION WHER DEY HOLDING HIM

Yesterday, 19:33:28

================================================================
well from the other day i said to myself that Missa Al Miller up to something. a weh him a try though. All and Dudus, what a combo

Yesterday, 19:43:46

==================================================================
Yes man I was beginning to wonder how the pastor was so concern and so involved in this mix up. Search him house because a collar does not mean anything these days especially in Jamaica. Corruption should not only be viewed as thugs from the poor districts of Jamaica . but also to those so call law abiding people like R. A. Miller. Drape him up in a him trouses waist bout him a bring the outlaw to embassy, What a cheat. Dudus you must open your mouth and talk now.

Yesterday, 19:46:16

a di mercy a god mek dem no kill him already

Yesterday, 20:18:39

=================================================================
u dumb my youth fi sah is like paul bogle.

Yesterday, 20:54:35

Come on the pastor is a die hearted PNP so why would he be hiding Dudus. Them betta nuh Youch the Lord Anointed. I know because i use to go to his church

Yesterday, 21:19:35

Why is the reverend wanted, Jamaica nuh have no tief and murderers waan ketch?????????????????????????????/

Yesterday, 21:41:07

Police ask Al Miller asked to turn himself in

Jamaican police are asking the Reverend Al Miller to immediately turn himself in at any Police Station along with his lawyer for questioning as he is a major person of interest on a matter currently being investigated by the Police.

Go-Jamaica :: Police ask Al Miller asked to turn himself in :: News

Comments:

a what this now all the pastor them want.

Yesterday, 18:53:45

Story come to bump.

Yesterday, 18:56:20

Chat bout him a bring in Dudus to embassy

Yesterday, 19:16:37

well Rev.it seem as if the Lord was not on your side

Yesterday, 19:28:08

===============================================================
Lawd, me no surprise. They need to arrest Pastor now. So many people died and him knew all along. DISGUSTING.

Yesterday, 19:29:20

NOW HELL GO POP OFF A TOWN DEY BETTA BARRICADE DA PO STATION WHER DEY HOLDING HIM

Yesterday, 19:33:28

well from the other day i said to myself that Missa Al Miller up to something. a weh him a try though. All and Dudus, what a combo

Yesterday, 19:43:46

==================================================================
Yes man I was beginning to wonder how the pastor was so concern and so involved in this mix up. Search him house because a collar does not mean anything these days especially in Jamaica. Corruption should not only be viewed as thugs from the poor districts of Jamaica . but also to those so call law abiding people like R. A. Miller. Drape him up in a him trouses waist bout him a bring the outlaw to embassy, What a cheat. Dudus you must open your mouth and talk now.

Yesterday, 19:46:16

a di mercy a god mek dem no kill him already

Yesterday, 20:18:39

u dumb my youth fi sah is like paul bogle.

Yesterday, 20:54:35

Come on the pastor is a die hearted PNP so why would he be hiding Dudus. Them betta nuh Youch the Lord Anointed. I know because i use to go to his church

Yesterday, 21:19:35

Why is the reverend wanted, Jamaica nuh have no tief and murderers waan ketch?????????????????????????????/

Yesterday, 21:41:07

Lord hav mercy

Lord hav mercy

Jamaa sasa karushwa hadi Marekani....

Jamaican alleged drug lord 'Dudus' extradited to US

_48167629_009406279-1.jpg

Mr Coke was detained on Tuesday after a long manhunt

Suspected Jamaican drug lord Christopher "Dudus" Coke has been extradited to the US, where he is wanted on drug and gun-trafficking charges.

Mr Coke was taken to the airport in Kingston after waiving his rights to challenge the extradition.

He faces life in prison if convicted on charges filed against him in New York.

Attempts to capture him in May led to clashes in which scores of people died. He was finally detained on Tuesday.

On Thursday, Mr Coke, aged 41, made a brief appearance before a Jamaican judge to announce that he was waiving his rights to challenge the extradition.Mr Coke said he believed he could win the case in the Jamaican courts.But he added that he would go to the US to stand trial for the sake of his family, the people of Tivoli in west Kingston and Jamaica.

"Everyone, the whole country, has been adversely affected by the process that has surrounded my extradition and I hope that my action today will go some way towards healing all who have suffered," he said in a statement.

The US justice department says Mr Coke is one of the world's most dangerous drug lords, but his supporters say he is a community leader.

BBC News - Jamaican alleged drug lord 'Dudus' extradited to US

Hebu wakuu changieni hii, kwanini huyu mtu apelekwe kuhukumiwa US kwa ajili ya drugs wakati hapo Jamaica amesababisha vifo zaidi ya watu 70 na mali nyingi kuharibiwa ?. Hii ikoje ? Hawa hawana mahakama au hawa waliopoteza maisha na mali zao si lolote si chochote?

Hebu wakuu changieni hii, kwanini huyu mtu apelekwe kuhukumiwa US kwa ajili ya drugs wakati hapo Jamaica amesababisha vifo zaidi ya watu 70 na mali nyingi kuharibiwa ?. Hii ikoje ? Hawa hawana mahakama au hawa waliopoteza maisha na mali zao si lolote si chochote?

Mkuu De javu,

Marekani walikua wameshaomba hii extradition request na Waziri Mkuu wa Jamaa akakubali. At that
time watu walikua hawajafa from the attempts za kumshika. Polisi walipoanza kujaribu kumtia
nguvuni kwa sababu ya kutimizi ahadi lao na Marekani nd'o kasheshe ilipozuka na kusababisha hivi
vifo.

Kisha pia unajua wamerakani wana ubabe flani when it comes to wanting their requests heeded to.

Nadhani nimechangia hapo.

Nakubaliana na wewe mkuu, Ab-Titchaz; lakini kosa kubwa hapa kwa kusababisha vifo vyote hivyo ndani ya nchi na hasara kubwa ya mali, bado inabaki umuhimu wa huyu "Dudus" kuhukumiwa ndani ya nchi yake kwanza ili kuwatendea haki wale raia wa "Inji" ile. Lakini kama ulivyoeleza ubabe mbele ya haki. Democracy na utawala wa sheria katika dunia ya III ni pale utakopowafurahisha dunia ya kwanza tu. Je hali kama hii itokee kinyume chake, yaani itokee mtu auwe paka huko Marekani halafu huyo mtu atakiwe huku dunia ya III kwa kosa la lolote lile basi nakuhakikishia huyo mtu hawatompeleka kwa visingizio kua hatotendewa haki.

Back
Top Bottom