It is over in Kenya for now - Kibaki is there to stay

Mwafrika

JF-Expert Member
Nov 20, 2006
A lesson to opposition movement in Africa.

JF members and readers,

Most of us here know that I have strongly supported Raila Odinga and the opposition camp in Kenya for the last few weeks in the just concluded election.

I was so excited to learn that finally somebody in Kenya has managed to unite over 40 tribes of Kenya for a common and united course. I was so excited to know that most people in Kenya were against a 76 years old guy who was extending his days in the state house. I was so excited to feel the moment of finally getting rid of the greedy and few elite who enrich themselves in the name of their tribes-men and women.

As it was for the Nigerian election in the nineties, the Ugandan election, and elections in Zimbabwe, Cameroon, etc. I am now again going back to the same fate - A DICTATOR IN MAKING IS HERE TO STAY.

I have come to my senses and have to lower my hopes. Westerners and their corrupted media enjoy chaos in Africa. As Ian Smith once said, Africans will never be ready to govern themselves in the long years to come. Westerners wanna prove their point that Africans need Europeans to govern them. The same argument made in the sixties is being engineered to prove the point made then that " it is too early to give independence to Africa"

Why incorporate westerners into my argument? We all know what the Bush adminstration did immediately after the results were announced by Kivuitu. They congratulated Kibaki and offered to solve problems ahead. Westerners love weak and dictatorial govts in Africa. They will always support the bad guy for their own devilish reasons. As we all know, they control the media and the PR machine, they make and destroy leaders all over the world. For Kenya, they have chosen Kibaki and thus my argument - Kibaki is there to stay.

Odinga is running out of options:

1. Forget about mass rallies
2. Forget about Kibaki stepping down
3. Fogegt about fair recounting of votes
4. Forget about the court system
5. Forget about fair news on the media (oops there is a ban)
6. Forget about coallition govt
7. No enough votes for a "vote of no confidence"
8. And on and on..... just follow what is going on in Zimbabwe

There is no other way to hold this anylonger. Americans are in Kenya now trying to put their fake initiatives of peace. Odinga will soon be painted as the trouble maker. The neo capitalists want to maintain their exploitation in Kenya and no body in the like of Odinga will have the sole power to rule Kenya for now.

Sadly, I am sensing defeat. The same feeling I have had for all other countries in Africa is coming to be true again for Kenya.
I have no choice but to see the 76 years old guy getting his ass back to the state house of Kenya for an oppressive and uncertain next five years.

I know that some of my patriotic africans in the forum like K-T, Mtanzania, Kitila, Kichuguu, and others will have an optimistic view on this (please guys say what you feel now), but I am ready to concede defeat and start all over again. Some will say that the next election is only five years away. My question is, will Raila and his pentagone members be there again to make a united Kenya as they did this time?

Honorable Odinga, I know for sure that some of your advisors are here at JF. Please, play your cards right before it is too late. You have always used you God given talent for the best of Kenya. Kenya will always remember you for destroying KANU. Please, play your cards right coz one of your staunch and radical supporter is losing hope very fast.

Thanks!

The opposition's only hope is a run-off election, hopefully with the whole world scrutinizing every move.

Kibaka's people already said they will be ready if this will be coming from the court system.The KSh 1 Billion needed is already budgeted.The only issue is whether the court system is independent enough.

Maybe this time Raila will get a sizable enough lead to make vote rigging out of the question.

A lesson to opposition movement in Africa.

JF members and readers,

Most of us here know that I have strongly supported Raila Odinga and the opposition camp in Kenya for the last few weeks in the just concluded election.

I was so excited to learn that finally somebody in Kenya has managed to unite over 40 tribes of Kenya for a common and united course. I was so excited to know that most people in Kenya were against a 76 years old guy who was extending his days in the state house. I was so excited to feel the moment of finally getting rid of the greedy and few elite who enrich themselves in the name of their tribes-men and women.

As it was for the Nigerian election in the nineties, the Ugandan election, and elections in Zimbabwe, Cameroon, etc. I am now again going back to the same fate - A DICTATOR IN MAKING IS HERE TO STAY.

I have come to my senses and have to lower my hopes. Westerners and their corrupted media enjoy chaos in Africa. As Ian Smith once said, Africans will never be ready to govern themselves in the long years to come. Westerners wanna prove their point that Africans need Europeans to govern them. The same argument made in the sixties is being engineered to prove the point made then that " it is too early to give independence to Africa"

Why incorporate westerners into my argument? We all know what the Bush adminstration did immediately after the results were announced by Kivuitu. They congratulated Kibaki and offered to solve problems ahead. Westerners love weak and dictatorial govts in Africa. They will always support the bad guy for their own devilish reasons. As we all know, they control the media and the PR machine, they make and destroy leaders all over the world. For Kenya, they have chosen Kibaki and thus my argument - Kibaki is there to stay.

Odinga is running out of options:

1. Forget about mass rallies
2. Forget about Kibaki stepping down
3. Fogegt about fair recounting of votes
4. Forget about the court system
5. Forget about fair news on the media (oops there is a ban)
6. Forget about coallition govt
7. No enough votes for a "vote of no confidence"
8. And on and on..... just follow what is going on in Zimbabwe

There is no other way to hold this anylonger. Americans are in Kenya now trying to put their fake initiatives of peace. Odinga will soon be painted as the trouble maker. The neo capitalists want to maintain their exploitation in Kenya and no body in the like of Odinga will have the sole power to rule Kenya for now.

Sadly, I am sensing defeat. The same feeling I have had for all other countries in Africa is coming to be true again for Kenya.
I have no choice but to see the 76 years old guy getting his ass back to the state house of Kenya for an oppressive and uncertain next five years.

I know that some of my patriotic africans in the forum like K-T, Mtanzania, Kitila, Kichuguu, and others will have an optimistic view on this (please guys say what you feel now), but I am ready to concede defeat and start all over again. Some will say that the next election is only five years away. My question is, will Raila and his pentagone members be there again to make a united Kenya as they did this time?

Honorable Odinga, I know for sure that some of your advisors are here at JF. Please, play your cards right before it is too late. You have always used you God given talent for the best of Kenya. Kenya will always remember you for destroying KANU. Please, play your cards right coz one of your staunch and radical supporter is losing hope very fast.

Thanks!
Kama wewe ni mpiganiaji haki za waafrika na una uchungu na uafrika kwa nini usiandike kwa lugha yetu nzuri ya Kiswahili???? una sababu gani hasa ya msingi ya kukufanya uandike ujumbe woote huo kwa lugha isiyo ya kwetu?? Je mlengwa hapo ni nani si huyo huyo mzungu ambaye wewe unajaribu kuwalaumu viongozi wa kiafrika kwa kuwaangukia?? samahani nimeshindwa kukuelewa maana yako hasa ya kuandika kwa lugha ya kigeni wakati sisi wote humu lugha yetu ni Kiswahili, kwa hiyo kwa kutokana na kutoweza kupata majibu ya maswali yangu basi naamini wewe na hao akina kibaki hamna tofauti yeyote kwani sioni sababu yeyote ya kutokukufanya usiandike kwa kiswahili.......

kijakazi nakupongeza kwa hilo,,kwanini wanawaabudu sana hawa wazungu yyyyyyyyyy???????weka kiswahili watu waelewe,,,si wote wamepitia oxford:

Labda ni wakati kwa waswahili na sie tujifunze kile mzee Mwinyi alichokiita "Kiswahili cha dunia".Kuna wengine Kiswahili chao sio kizuri kama kiingereza, kuna wengine wanataka watu wengi zaidi wafikiwe na ujumbe -naambiwa tuna hadhira ya kimataifa humu ambayo baadhi yake hawaelewi kiswahili-

Kukuza Kiswahili ni muhimu, lakini kama tunataka kupanua uchumi na kuleta maendeleo ya kweli ni lazima tujifunze kiingereza.Ambao hatujapita Oxford tunaweza hata kwenda English course ya "Nimesema Maimuna"

Matokeo ya kukazania Kiswahili bila kutilia maanani Kiingereza tunayaona, ndiyo hao kina kikwete wanaenda MSNBC na Paris Club kutia aibu za "yu knoo" "of koozi" nyiiiingi.

1.Kiswahili muhimu na inabidi kijengwe na kutumiwa ipasavyo.Hususan Kiswahili sanifu.

2.Watu waachiwe uhuru wa kutumia lugha wanayopenda ilmuradi hawachanganyi.

3.Kuna haja ya kuongeza ujuvi wetu wa Kiingereza

The opposition's only hope is a run-off election, hopefully with the whole world scrutinizing every move.

Maybe this time Raila will get a sizable enough lead to make vote rigging out of the question.

And the ODM should avoid at all cost, being hoodwinked into meaningless negotiations on useless issues as forming a coalition govt.,unless they have a waterproof plan to dislodge the 'mpumbavu' from such an arrangement; going to a kangaroo court, etc.

They shoud steadfastly stick to "International arbitration, a reconstituted court if they had to go that route, never ever to recognizing the legitimacy of a Kibaki administration, recounting of votes probably is no good now."

Mwafrica:
There is hope still for Kenya. Their situation is in many ways very different from all those other places you listed down. It all boils down to how ODM play their cards well. They have the majority of the population of Kenya behind them. The international community, especially these wazungus of the new colonial era are irrelevant when the population is solidly behind ODM.The big question is, can ODM rise to this challenge?

Raila and his team should strategize carefully; Kibaki has no mandate to rule Kenya.,

1. Mimi nimekuwa namuunga Kibaki tangu siku nyingi- uliza hata K-T na actuaaly tulishaafikiana this Jan naenda Naenda Nairobi kusherekea ushindi wa Kibaki- nae akesema nienda tunywe tusker kusherekea Ushindi wa Raila!

2. Kilichopo sasa ni haja ya kuwa serikali ya Pamoja kati ya Kibaki na Raila na hili mimi nimelisema tangu mwanzo. Kama alivyosema Mwafrika- sasa Kibaki ameapishwa kama raisi wa Kenya- hawezi kuachia tu kiti hivi hivi as he has state machinery and he is a sitting president!

Jambo ambalo is not so clear is if Kibaki forced Kiviutu to announce him as a president! Hivi tulitarajia Kibaki afanye nini baada ya kutangazwa kuwa raisi? Angekataa kuapishwa? Je Wakikuyu nao wangekubali hivyo kirahisi? sasa kwani yeye aligombea uraisi ili nini? Wafuasi wake je wangemwelewa?

3. We need a Coalition Government- Kibaki Raisi, Raila Makamu na mawaziri wagawane nusu kwa nusu kuhakikisha amkabila yote ya Kenya yanashirikishwa!

4. Then Kenya baada ya hili they must resolve- other issues na kuwa na katiba mpya- na pia swali ya majimbo ni muhimu- so as each to get a fair share from the national Cake!

Binafsi, siziamini siasa za Kenya kuwa zinaweza kwua a role model katika Central and East Africa, nimekuwa very dis-appointed na NARC, kwahiyo sikuona ajabu kwa yaliyotokea juzi kwa sababu so far politically nothing worthy to be learned kwetu waa-Afrika wengine, the whole thing is a political joke,

Under serikali ya Odinga na Kibaki, wananchi wa Kenya walikataa referendum ambayo wangeikubali ingemsaidia sana Odinga kwenye huu uchaguzi, kwa nini then Odinga hakuweza kuliona hilo na kulifanyia kampnei lipite? Wananchi wa Kenya waliikataa kwa sababu waliona kuwa ni njama za wanasiasa wao Odinga included za kutaka kuwazamisha na kuwaibia zaidi.

Ni kweli Demokrasia huko Kenya this time imepigwa chini, historia ya uchaguzi huko inaonyesha kuwa wannchi wa Kenya wana tabia ya kutowapa kura viongozi hao hao kwa muda mrefu, the matter of fact katika the last 10 years, viongozi 300 wametolewa kwenye madaraka kwa sababu wananchi waliamua kuwa wamechoka nao, wanataka waingie wengine, regardless of what they did and did not do kwenye majimbo yao, kwa hiyo ni kweli walipiga kura za kumtoa Kibaki, lakini in the big picture kumtoa Moi, kumuingiza Kibaki, halafu kumtoa Kibaki na kumuingiza Odinga, to me does not sound kama ni wananchi wanaojua wanachokifanya au wanachokitaka, nilifikiri kuwa the lesson of no significant changes under Kibaki, kwa wananchi wa Kenya litakuwa lime-sink in,

The US walikuwa tayari wako na Kibaki, kwa sababu he is one of a very few Afrikans leaders wanaopokewa kwa red carpet kule White House, kwa sababu Kibaki ni the devil they know, as opposed na Odinga ambaye hawamfahamu, ingawa political history yake inaonyesha kuwa ni mtu anayependa power at any cost, na hii ilianzia na baba yake, sisemi kuwa ni sababu nzuri ya kumuibia kura, lakini binafsi I do not like wote walioko kwenye national politics za huko, ninaamini kama Tanzania, wanahitaji watu wapya kabisa na ku-do away na the old establishment,

Kibaki ameshaapishwa kama katiba ya nchi inavyosema, anaweza kung'olewa tu iwapo wabunge wengi wakiibatili sheria, lakini je Kibaki na Wa-Kikuyu watakubali? Kinachowafanya the West ku-side na Kibaki ni sababu moja tu nayo ni the fear of Kikuyus, kwa sababu wana nguvu zaidi ya makabila yote huko, wana uwezo financially, na the most vicious people katika makabila yote ya Kenya, meaning kwamba pamoja na demokracy na siasa, bado siasa za Kenya ni lazima ziwe reduced to nguvu za makabila, ndio maana ninasema this kind of demokracy is not worhty of any respect form other Afrikan's nations, na hasa sisi
Tanzania!

Under serikali ya Odinga na Kibaki, wananchi wa Kenya walikataa referendum ambayo wangeikubali ingemsaidia sana Odinga kwenye huu uchaguzi, kwa nini then Odinga hakuweza kuliona hilo na kulifanyia kampnei lipite? Wananchi wa Kenya waliikataa kwa sababu waliona kuwa ni njama za wanasiasa wao Odinga included za kutaka kuwazamisha na kuwaibia zaidi.

!

FMES,

Una uhakika na hili? Maana kwenye referendum Wakenya walikataa ile katiba ambayo Kibaki alitaka kuwaletea baada ya kukataa katiba ya maana ambayo ilitungwa na wananchi wengi.

Wakenya wangepitisha ile katiba wangekuwa wamepoteza hasa maana afadhali sasa hawana katiba ya maana na kuna siku watakaa pamoja na kutengeneza nyingine.

Ukipitisha katiba mbovu kwa kutumia wananchi wote kupiga kura, jua hapo mmefungwa bao na hakuna katiba ya maana tena.

Katiba wanayotaka Wakenya ni hii ambayo Raila aliwaambia atawaptia within six months, of course kama na yeye hageuki kama Kibaki maana tunawajua hawa watawala wetu kwa kuwa vigeugeu.

Mwafrika, I also hate myself to think that the ODM maybe running out of steam! But the only hope I have is the bravery and perseverence of Mr Odinga. This man (Raila) is a different character, he is far looking and so much determined. I am sure he foresaw the possibility of vote rigging well before the election took place and therefore must have made several counter plans. So far we have only seen one plan in action. I believe many are to come. As much as we may start being dissapointed and Kibaki maybe relaxing now, I am sure there is something that Raila is "cooking" that will be a last blow to Kibaki.

My only worry is that if Kenya fails to turn around this vote rigging and Kibaki stays in power undisturbed, it will have set a very bad precedence to the rest of Africa and particularly to Tanzania; it will be very much to the rejoice of CCM especially in so far as Zanzibar elections are concerned. If they can rig an election in a vigilant Kenya, what can happen in a sleeping Tanzania? I don't want to think that this story is over as it is. The worst we can hope is a Zimbabwe scenario where the west will have to put utter sanctions on Kibaki and his cronies; at least this can send a strong warning message to CCM and other such mornachy parties in the continent.

Kibaki is not there to stay, moto unaowaka Kenya hauwezi kuzimika kirahisi hivyo.

Labda ni wakati kwa waswahili na sie tujifunze kile mzee Mwinyi alichokiita "Kiswahili cha dunia".Kuna wengine Kiswahili chao sio kizuri kama kiingereza, kuna wengine wanataka watu wengi zaidi wafikiwe na ujumbe -naambiwa tuna hadhira ya kimataifa humu ambayo baadhi yake hawaelewi kiswahili-

Kukuza Kiswahili ni muhimu, lakini kama tunataka kupanua uchumi na kuleta maendeleo ya kweli ni lazima tujifunze kiingereza.Ambao hatujapita Oxford tunaweza hata kwenda English course ya "Nimesema Maimuna"

Matokeo ya kukazania Kiswahili bila kutilia maanani Kiingereza tunayaona, ndiyo hao kina kikwete wanaenda MSNBC na Paris Club kutia aibu za "yu knoo" "of koozi" nyiiiingi.

1.Kiswahili muhimu na inabidi kijengwe na kutumiwa ipasavyo.Hususan Kiswahili sanifu.

2.Watu waachiwe uhuru wa kutumia lugha wanayopenda ilmuradi hawachanganyi.

3.Kuna haja ya kuongeza ujuvi wetu wa Kiingereza

wachina, wakorea, wajapan, wahindi, n.k hawatumii kiingereza iweje wao wamekua kiuchumi nawe ni mmoja wao??? (umekuwa brainwashed)

3. We need a Coalition Government- Kibaki Raisi, Raila Makamu na mawaziri wagawane nusu kwa nusu kuhakikisha amkabila yote ya Kenya yanashirikishwa!

Kama Raila anaungwa mkono na makabila 40 na kibaki at most 3 Hiyo coalition govt ya kuhusisha makabila yote maana yake 90% watoke ODM. Kibaki atakubali?

Mimi naamini huu ni mwanzo wa front nyingine na mwisho wa siku Kibaki ataona anaishiwa nguvu . Kenya inaelekea kuyumba kwa muda . Siamini High Court yao . Kwani nani kamwapisha Kibaki na nani kasema Uchunguzi ufanyike ?

Mwafrika, I also hate myself to think that the ODM maybe running out of steam! But the only hope I have is the bravery and perseverence of Mr Odinga. This man (Raila) is a different character, he is far looking and so much determined. I am sure he foresaw the possibility of vote rigging well before the election took place and therefore must have made several counter plans. So far we have only seen one plan in action. I believe many are to come. As much as we may start being dissapointed and Kibaki maybe relaxing now, I am sure there is something that Raila is "cooking" that will be a last blow to Kibaki.

My only worry is that if Kenya fails to turn around this vote rigging and Kibaki stays in power undisturbed, it will have set a very bad precedence to the rest of Africa and particularly to Tanzania; it will be very much to the rejoice of CCM especially in so far as Zanzibar elections are concerned. If they can rig an election in a vigilant Kenya, what can happen in a sleeping Tanzania? I don't want to think that this story is over as it is. The worst we can hope is a Zimbabwe scenario where the west will have to put utter sanctions on Kibaki and his cronies; at least this can send a strong warning message to CCM and other such mornachy parties in the continent.

Heshika kwako

Naamini EU kwa kukataa uchaguzi kwa kusema ulikua na dosari na Kibaki kukataa international mediators na watu kuendelea kupoteza maish kuna uwezekano wa Economic Saction kwa serikali ya Kibaki.

For Raila to accept a government of national unity will be tantamount to legitimizing the illegitimacy of Mwai Kibaki. I do not think that is the right way forward for Kenya. Even some prominent Kikuyus are beginning to see that and are moving away from Kibaki's thuggery. Kibaki should not be allowed to get away with this treachery for the second time.

wachina, wakorea, wajapan, wahindi, n.k hawatumii kiingereza iweje wao wamekua kiuchumi nawe ni mmoja wao??? (umekuwa brainwashed)

Wahindi wanatumia sana Kiingereza asikudanganye mtu. Hao wachina na wakorea sasa hivi wameamua kuwa kila mtoto lazima ajifunze kiingereza sanifu; hakuna ubaya kukijua kiingereza tena ukakijua vizuri. Ubaya wetu sisi sasa hivi ni kwamba Kiingereza hatujui na bahati mbaya hata hicho Kiswahili chenyewe tunabahatisha. Sasa wenzetu Kenya wanajua Kiingereza na kuchekesha hata Kiswahili sasa hivi wameanza kutuzidi. Hivi unajua kwamba mwandishi mzuri wa Kiswahili mwaka juzi (2006) alitoka Kenya?

For Raila to accept a government of national unity will be tantamount to legitimizing the illegitimacy of Mwai Kibaki. I do not think that is the right way forward for Kenya. Even some prominent Kikuyus are beginning to see that and are moving away from Kibaki's thuggery. Kibaki should not be allowed to get away with this treachery for the second time.

Raila is very unlikely to accept any power sharing unless there is an executive and independent position - the winner in the parliament to form a government under the prime minister.

For now Kibaki is desperate, so far he is not showing any signs of giving up (Americans are supporting him for his involvement in renditions). No wonder Mugabe is thinking about extending his term to make him a president for life. Poor Africa, who will ever stand up for you?!

Yale yale ya kuiga tembo kunya na pride za kisiasa zilizotuangusha katika ujamaa.Tafadhali ona nilivyogusia umuhimu wa Kiswahili kutiliwa mkazo, sina maana tuache kuendeleza Kiswahili.Ninachogusia ni kwamba hizi siasa za kujificha na katika isolation kwa kusingizia kukuza utamaduni zitatufanya tupoteze "competitive advantage" katika biashara za kimataifa.Katika dunia ambayo utandawazi si chaguo, hatuna budi kujifunza kiingereza.Tuangalie hali yetu na kufanya maamuzi kutokana na hali halisi, siyo kuiga tembo kunya.Hata tembo mwenyewe (China, India Korea) ameshajua umuhimu wa kufunguka kwa dunia na sasa watu wao wanafanya jitihada kubwa kuchanganyika na kujifunza Kiingereza.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom