Is President Magufuli an isolationist?

I sincerely doubt that language is an issue in this case. In any case, Swahili has been adopted by both the EAC and SADC as an official language and Heads of State can present themselves in any the official languages.

As an observer, but limited in analysis, this is my personal deduction. For a while now the GoT has been able to implement (sometimes quite well) but still get away with shortcomings in these key strategies:

1. Distract, divert, destroy/conceal

2. Limit information, control the narrative, reset the agenda

in either cases, eventually people forget and launch on new agenda.

If there's persistence, demonize it and launch mass attack on it calling for "national solidarity" or look for sacrificial lamb - and voila!

The State's absolution is never called to fault.

This time things are different - we are in a situation where our country's actions affect those beyond its borders. So are we playing ostrich with heads in the sand? Or we are we willing to compromise and accept "intrusion"?

Whatever the course of action, our State will not remain silent no matter how much time elapses: "msemakweli" ni mpenzi wa mungu philosophy will prevail. Time will tell.

Did the presidents(of Kenya, Uganda, Randwa and South Sudan) invite Dr Magufuli in the meeting? How if the meeting was made without inviting the Tanzania president.
according to media reports he did not participate in the virtual meeting for unknown reasons, this implies that he was invited.

Interesting interview, but I can only guess why you brought it to my attention - in particular. So I'll react with the assumption that you wanted me to note on the ineffectiveness of some of the approaches taken by other nations; such as lock-downs.

Personally I do not think a total lock-down would work in Tanzania, nor would it be feasible. Controlling unnecessary movements and crowds at different stages of the spread of the virus would have helped. The idea is not to get rid of the disease completely, but to slow the infection curve so that our health system is not overwhelmed all at once and we can afford to care for those who are critically ill without a lot of pressure. That's how the Italian health system collapsed and how the German health system survived.

What else could we have done or not done? Here are two examples:
1. Objectively and consistently sharing statistics of the disease. This would help in monitoring the trends especially for individuals and institutions to plan and prepare accordingly. I know for a fact that there are institutions making blind predictions, some as drastic as laying off workers and others closing down completely. With the statistics, give info on mitigation, preparedness plans, gaps that are being addressed and even what cannot be immediately determined or addressed.

2. Maybe there was a political reason behind the President's decision to announce the results of the secret experiments they conducted, but the results have soured the importance of testing and lessened the seriousness of taking precautions. Raising doubt on the efficacy of the one lab that was conducting COVID-19 tests without preparing an alternative solution seriously hampers the entire exercise. It is a known fact that a number of countries - including the US, India, Spain, Germany - had also raised concerns about the testing kits received and sent them back. However, they all found alternative solutions, like getting new working kits so that the exercise does not stall.

Look, It's a novel virus -- different countries have taken different measures, some worked and some did not. There are bound to be countless challenges that, justifiably, we cannot help but be overridden by them. However, there are mistakes we can very much avoid and challenges we can afford to address correctly.

Niliandika sana kwenye nyuzi tofauti tofauti kama the beloved trully understand the giopolitic and doplomatic economy of the world

Techinically
Ikulu haimsaidii kuchambua controversial alizonazo kisha kuamua, au tukubali maneno ya odinga ambayo kwa watz si kweli kwani washauri wa ikulu wanatekeleza fikra za mkuu na si maslahi ya Taifa

Leo umeamua kumgeuka?!!,

Kila siku ni kawaida yako kumtetea leo imekuwaje?!
Umezinduka kutoka usingizini

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app
Hujawahi kuona mada zangu nikimchana humu?

Kuna matatu:

1. Wewe utakuwa ni zuzu wa mazuzu. Unasoma vitu na huvielewi.

2. Labda hujawahi kuona nilipomchana.

3. Labda uliona nilipomchana na umesahau tu.

Binafsi nashawishika kuamini unaangukia kwenye kundi la kwanza. Haiwezekani kabisa udai kuwa eti leo namgeuka ilhali nishamchana mara nyingi tu humu. Zuzu tu wewe.

Unabisha kuwa sijawahi kumchana Magufuli humu?

atizo Lugha inayotumika kwenye huo mkutano inamchenga kidogo mzee wetu.

Kwani anapokutana nao huko Arusha kwenye mikutano ya EAC huwa wanazungumza lugha gani? I do not think communication is the problem; I suspect that he is not in good health hence this strange behaviour!

When did you vote for no lockdown?
Bush advisors we are here.We know English

Issue is not about English because after all corona is a Chinese thing started in Chinese language not English language!!! Why discuss it in English and not Chinese?

Issue is how do you talk with people who believe in complete lockdown that majority Tanzanians don't believe in?

Magufuli represents the Major Tanzanians views we elected him to represent us not their views

We don't believe in complete lockdown .
Let those who believe in complete lockdown talk among themselves to hell with them let them leave us alone with our beliefs

I am an invalid not in the language alone, but in a number of aspects which could act as a stumbling block for me. Could you kindly make the language more simpler for easy communication and delivery of the intended message.

What is so hard in what I wrote?

Please show me where you found it hard to understand..

I am anti-stupidity and pro-intelligence. Anti-foolishness and pro-common sense.

Having said that, I’m not here to cape for Magufuli on just about anything and everything.

I look at issues on a case by case basis.

Today, the East African Community heads of state held a virtual meeting sans President Magufuli.

Last week SADC did the same.

President Magufuli has missed several of these types of meetings a number of times now.

Is he an isolationist?

It’s hard to make sense of his absences. Like for example, what made him miss today’s virtual gathering?

Did he have an over-packed docket of things to do [wherever he is at]?

Just downright bizarre!

As trivial as it may sound, maybe there’s some truth to what some people think could be the reason for him skipping these meetings - English.

Maybe he is so self-conscious about his English speaking proficiency and he can’t handle being dragged for it afterwards.

If that’s not the case, then what is it?

To me it doesn’t make any sense why he would skip on these types of meetings especially at a critical time as now.

Can anybody make sense of this nonsense?

He is an incompetent and selfish individual who cares nothing except himself

Nyani hao wote waliishaanza dharau kwa JPM!!..maamuzi yao na nchi zao walifanya wao binafsi na wameleta propaganda baadae.kenya na uganda serikali zao zishawatukana na kumtenga Tanzania na Burundi

Approach sio lazima iwe moja!!

Sweden haina lockdown hata leo hii!!

Mtukane matusi yote, we have very few months kuanza kulaumiana

Lockdown will never work dunia ya tatu, na haijawork dunia ya kwanza.Consequences zake ni kubwa mno

Covid haitaondoka popote pale duniani

So before sayings all these kind of words uonekane mjanja,genius, unajali, uko firm,mkali...Tafuta kujua how much did they involve us in the decision prior lockdown?? Au walikurupuka wakafanya lockdown huku wakimtukana JPM wakiwa ndani ya lockdown ndio wakamkumbuka JPM?

Is lockdown successfu kwa hizo region? Waulize watalift lockdown lini? Corona itaisha lini? Wakiacha lockdown itakuwa imeisha?

Ikija second wave of covid wataingia ndani tena? Unajua viwanda vingapi vimefungwa? Unajua kutakuwa na baa la njaa africa na dunia kwa hili tukio?

Hakuna njia moja kwa tatizo moja, ndio maana sijasikia watu wakiisema sweden ambayo isha flaten curve na raia wake wameisha acquire "herd immunity"?? Iko, haikufunga shule wala vyuo na haijaathirika kiuchumi

Binadamu tunaishi na billions of virus and bacteria na hapo ulipokaa USA unavyo vingi na wewe ni creature dunia hii unaishi navyo tu!! Vinavyoleta madhara kutokana na immunity ndio unafanya uumwe au la!! Lakini bado same bacteria anaweza kuja kwangu na asilete shida yoyote! Its nature

Before lockdown Kenya na uganda wangekaa sawa, washaleta damage zote hizo na leo wakiwa ndani ya lockdown wanaitisha kikao kuonekana wajanja? Kutaka kujiponya na vipondo vya raia wao? Walianza wao wamalize. Utakuja kusema hapa kuwa JPM did the best decision ever

Acha kuwa shortsighted na ukafuata mkumbo wa kutaka likes na thanks, unazo za kutosha tangu miaka yako tangu 2007, be matured

Bullshit.

Nyie CCM mmekubaliana lini na hii style ili mtueleze mipango yenu vizuri?
To majority Tanzanians is a non issue except to few chadema members of Parliament who does not represent majority of Tanzanians

Even to me Corona is a non issue I join hands with my president

CCM members we differ in many issues but majority of CCM nembers we don't differ with our CCM chairman and President Magufuli on the issue of Corona it is a non issue

The stance he took is the stance that majority CCM members and Tanzanians want

Back
Top Bottom