Is it normal wanting to be alone?

schizoid-man

JF-Expert Member
Mar 17, 2014
Early teens I was very social and outgoing. Last couple years, I just want to be alone all the time so it got to the point that my friends never call me anymore and I dont call them, I always made excuses to avoid situations. I dont really hang out with anyone anymore. The only close family or friends is my sister as all my cousins and family live in a different city.

Growing up I had a pretty rocky relationship with my parents and felt very alone growing up. I know my dad gave up on us (3 kids) and just was never really supportive...although he stayed living with us. I know that gets me mad because what boy doesnt want a father to be there. I have a hard time talking to my own mom and dad. Im not really antisocial because the people I work with I can talk with and hold conversations with and tend to make people laugh easily. I know Ive been depressed and probably still am. I tend to keep everything to myself and not share how I feel. Lately I just been wanting to move away somewhere by myself.

Giving all that...I just want to be alone now. I always just stay in my room and watch movie or listen to music or play a game. Seems like everyone nowadays has a lack of respect for humans and lack of common courtesy and that is a big pet peeve for me.
Is this normal to not want to be around family or friends?

it is normal its your life,That's completely healthy and there is no problem at all with it, but it can affect your social life in a bad way! are you witch?

umeelewa kweli soma post zaote vizuri usikurupuke nakuheshimu mkuu
Mimi ndo nikuulize wewe kama umeelewa.

Nilipost ''Siku nilipojua LULU ni neno la Kingereza nilishangaa sana''.

Wewe ukani-quote kwenye post namba nne ukisema ''Nimeandika hadi jasho limenitoka ngoja tu nilale''.

Sasa nimekuuliza ni kitu gani umeandika hadi jasho likakutoka?.

Bila shaka wewe ndiye mwaandishi wa post namba moja.

Early teens I was very social and outgoing. Last couple years, I just want to be alone all the time so it got to the point that my friends never call me anymore and I dont call them, I always made excuses to avoid situations. I dont really hang out with anyone anymore. The only close family or friends is my sister as all my cousins and family live in a different city.

Growing up I had a pretty rocky relationship with my parents and felt very alone growing up. I know my dad gave up on us (3 kids) and just was never really supportive...although he stayed living with us. I know that gets me mad because what boy doesnt want a father to be there. I have a hard time talking to my own mom and dad. Im not really antisocial because the people I work with I can talk with and hold conversations with and tend to make people laugh easily. I know Ive been depressed and probably still am. I tend to keep everything to myself and not share how I feel. Lately I just been wanting to move away somewhere by myself.

Giving all that...I just want to be alone now. I always just stay in my room and watch movie or listen to music or play a game. Seems like everyone nowadays has a lack of respect for humans and lack of common courtesy and that is a big pet peeve for me.
Is this normal to not want to be around family or friends?
i ask myself the same questions everyday,our situations are quite similar! i tried seeking psychological help,but it hasnt done much to change anything! i am sorry i couldnt answer your questions,but you are not alone

Its normal if and only if u want to, bt its not good and ethical. We as humans, need to atleast have someone to talk to and share our problems or even our inner-most feelings as well, but with the one u trust.

Sharing brings relief and eases our pain. I'm afraid u may decide to hurt urself easily after facing any difficult which could have a solution if shared.

Jst find ONE person, whom YOU THINK you can trust. Befriend him/her. Narrate this story to him/her, WHY..?? Its because he should not be offended when u act differently. If that person is wise enough, he/she can take you as you are, and help u get through.

I guess you are a MAN. Are u married..?? If the answer is NO, then you better don't get married recently cz YOU'LL NEVER FIND THE GOODNESS IN HER, and u'll always want to be alone while she needs you.

Its curable, if YOU need.

Mimi ndo nikuulize wewe kama umeelewa.

Nilipost ''Siku nilipojua LULU ni neno la Kingereza nilishangaa sana''.

Wewe ukani-quote kwenye post namba nne ukisema ''Nimeandika hadi jasho limenitoka ngoja tu nilale''.

Sasa nimekuuliza ni kitu gani umeandika hadi jasho likakutoka?.

Bila shaka wewe ndiye mwaandishi wa post namba moja.

i ask myself the same questions everyday,our situations are quite similar! i tried seeking psychological help,but it hasnt done much to change anything! i am sorry i couldnt answer your questions,but you are not alone
Yeah its good to know you're not alone.. I haven't seek any psychological help.. Yet.

Still struggling to figure out what the hell is going on within me.. Maybe I need a vacation or something, or to talk to someone in a similar situation maybe it could help, who knows

Its normal if and only if u want to, bt its not good and ethical. We as humans, need to atleast have someone to talk to and share our problems or even our inner-most feelings as well, but with the one u trust.

Sharing brings relief and eases our pain. I'm afraid u may decide to hurt urself easily after facing any difficult which could have a solution if shared.

Jst find ONE person, whom YOU THINK you can trust. Befriend him/her. Narrate this story to him/her, WHY..?? Its because he should not be offended when u act differently. If that person is wise enough, he/she can take you as you are, and help u get through.

I guess you are a MAN. Are u married..?? If the answer is NO, then you better don't get married recently cz YOU'LL NEVER FIND THE GOODNESS IN HER, and u'll always want to be alone while she needs you.

Its curable, if YOU need.
I guess you're right.. I need to let it all out to someone, it could bring some relief, thanks for your advice.

no I'm not married and don't have a gf.. But I have few friends