Is formatting a remedy for stuborn viruses?

Kinyau

JF-Expert Member
Nov 24, 2006
hi there,
just have a question, I normally see formatting their computers when viruses have refused to be cleaned with the installed antiviruses. I am currently experiencing a trojan viris with some other kind that has .exe extension, it sometimes closes applications without my consent. I tried all sorts of ant viruses but the trojan and other viruses wont stop. Sasa should i fromat my computer or what? I need ur advice.

Remove That Antivirus Then Reinstall I Suggest You Use Mcafee 8.5

Kisha Install Updates Manuallly Ukiwa Umewasha Katika Safe Mode

Halafu Fanya Full Scan Hapo Utatoa Hiyo Trojans .

Lakini Mbona Hujasema Umetumia Antivirus Gani Au Avg Free Edition ?

Inawezekana Antivirus Yako Sio Licenced

Ahsante

shy antivirus nina yo hiyo hiyo macafee 8.5i tena licenced na updates ziko latest. labda ni-tyr out kuunistall na kuinstall upya then niscan upya.

shy antivirus nina yo hiyo hiyo macafee 8.5i tena licenced na updates ziko latest. labda ni-tyr out kuunistall na kuinstall upya then niscan upya.

See your PM before I make any comments. I will promptly come back with my comments and how to get rid of that virus without formatting.

Regards,

I will promptly come back with my comments and how to get rid of that virus without formatting.

Back. Kinyau I'm sorry for my late response. Please do this in order to detect the viruses you have.

UnInstall McAfee 8.5i you have and do the following:-

1. Download this free virus scanner and scan accordingly.

Free 30 day trial of ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0: click here

After you download please let's know which trojan or virus was detected and we'll see how to go about it.

2. If ESET downloaded above fails to detect UNINSTALL it and Download any of these:

a) Free Virus Removers

b) AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

Thanks

hi there,
just have a question, I normally see formatting their computers when viruses have refused to be cleaned with the installed antiviruses. I am currently experiencing a trojan viris with some other kind that has .exe extension, it sometimes closes applications without my consent. I tried all sorts of ant viruses but the trojan and other viruses wont stop. Sasa should i fromat my computer or what? I need ur advice.

Kinyau, habari za siku?!
My opinion is probably heresy in this thread, since i'm gonna go ahead and become the advocate of FORMATTING! But as long as you know that your downtime wont be costly.

But also make sure that you have backed up all your documents and programs that you could loose in the process.

Formatting and reinstalling programs then reconfiguring your computer to previous-like status shouldn't take more than 3hrs (an estimate for a common domestic machine) in my opinion. Kinyau, nathamini kufanya hivi kuliko kuanza kuhangaika na ku-debug computer yako kwa kubadilisha badilisha antivirus ambazo matokeo yake mara nyingi ni kuacha segmented files, disconnected dll and masalio mengine ambayo huwa yana clutter computer na kusababisha ianze kudolola kinamna.

I shouldn't be mistaken however, i strongly advise the constant use of antivirus and any other antimalware software, but i know it comes a moment in a lifetime of a computer, a complete overhaul becomes necessary. Infact it could save you time compared to fiddly geeky solutions that we tend to opt for cause we are just damn good at that too!!

Kwa hiyo basi Kinyau, kama una uhakika na back up zako za programs na documents, wewe format hiyo computer yako halafu install upya.

Word of advice: That is not a silver bullet and might not work as well! why?.... some viruses could attach themselves to your backed up files and when you reinstall, they will be back in full swing!! But also some malware, attack your hdd boot sector, (MBR), lakini mara nyingi hizi ni rahisi kuzingundua maana yake huharibu computer yako kikamilifu... unakuwa na matatizo ya boot up na instability nyinginezo zihusianazo na system nzima. Tatizo hizi virus za MBR usipokuwa na ujuzi, zinakuzuia wewe ku-install operating software nyingine mpya.

Naomba kuishia hapa. Ila tumia ushauri waliotoa wenzangu hapo juu, but if you find yourself going in circles then just wipe and do the FORMAT THING!
Goodluck.

SteveD.

Hi,
I hardly participate on this but this one took my interest. As longer as its my field of work, no doubt and fear on me to give you the best and simple solution to enable you get rid of your problem without formatting your hard disk. First of all you should know that formatting the HDD will reduce its life span because the action of re-arranging the cluster from the scratch it tends to de-qualify some of them. Simple observation is that every time you format your HDD check the available "usable" space remaining.....anyway, dont get tired of reading but allow me to jump straight to the solution.

Get your self a licensed copy of Norton Internet security 2007 (This one you can get it for free from Symantec website and it will give you free three month subscription)

Install it, and get its virus update from the symantec website as well(i prefer the intelligent updater because its faster in terms of downloading and applying to the system.)

Make sure all the items on the Protection center home which are marked with red are fixed, by doing this you are sure that the auto protect feature is running. Scan the whole system(it will take about 30 minutes depending on the HDD size and number of files).

I guarantee you on this because its something i have done already(not a trial thing) and it helped me well because i was facing the same problem.

I am confident to say that Norton Internet security 2007 was my powerfull antivirus for the year 2007.
Please, if you have any further question dont hesitate to write back to me (eliasson2002@gmail.com)
Thanks and Best regards.

Pascal.

Pascal,

Karibu Sana JF!! We're here to help each other and share knowledge. We'll appreciate your contribution!

SteveD.

thanks all of you for responding wisely. i'll let u know how i solved the issue.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom