Is Age aint nothing but a number? Fathered a Kid at 74Yrs and became a Oldest Dad!

Shadow

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2008
Nanas ‘n papas

By EMMA MORTON, Health Editor
Published: Today

Add a comment (27)

BRITAIN'S oldest dad Gerry Burks lovingly cradles his newborn son - at the age of 74.

The former HGV driver, who turns 75 tomorrow, had 5lb 7oz Ryan with wife Dawn, 41, in Louth, Lincs.
Delighted Gerry said: "I'm so proud. I feel like the luckiest man alive."
And thrilled Gerry reckons he's become Britain's oldest dad thanks to his passion for BANANAS.

SNN2904BAN_180_1014397a.jpg
Fruity diet ... Gerry's favourite

He puts his astonishing virility down to a diet packed with his favourite fruit - plus his enduring love for Dawn, who is nearly 35 years his junior.
The adoring couple already had one son together, six-year-old Daniel, when baby Ryan arrived by Caesarean.
Gerry, who worked until he was 71, said: "I am very proud and I think it's wonderful.
"Baby Ryan just has to make a little sound and I'm over there making sure he's all right.
"He isn't up much through the night and Dawn gets up to feed him. I'll ask her if there's anything I can do to help, but she'll tell me to go back to sleep.
"People might say things about my age, but I look after myself.
"I'm young at heart, don't drink or smoke now, and Dawn loves cooking. Her pasta bake keeps me in good shape.
"I packed all the bad things up in the mid-1980s when my first marriage broke down.

SNN2905DAD-380_1014395a.jpg
Well done, old fruit ... dad Gerry

"I eat lots of bananas and always have done - sometimes a couple a day. I don't eat much salt and have home-cooked food.
"Maybe that's what's kept my body healthy. But I think the love of a good woman, my Dawn, has a lot to do with it, too. I'm just doing what comes naturally."
Little Ryan was born on Friday, March 12.
He weighed 5lb 7oz and suffered breathing difficulties, so medics kept him in their special care baby unit until he stabilised.
Now he is healthy and living at home with his parents and brother Daniel in Louth, Lincs.
While in hospital, doctors had to make a note about Gerry's age on 41-year-old Dawn's ante-natal records after confused staff mistook him for her FATHER.
Gerry had three children with first wife Monica before they split in 1985.
He then moved into a bedsit and in 1994 met Dawn, who lived in a neighbouring flat.
They remained pals for almost a decade before Dawn, who suffers a painful neck condition, confessed her growing feelings for him and they wed in 2002.
Gerry admitted: "I wasn't a hands-on dad with my first children, but I am now.
"I help out wherever I can. I take our labrador Maxwell out for a walk in the morning and get some fresh air. And I don't drink, except for a little glass of sherry on special occasions.
"We have a wonderful family and I feel like the luckiest man alive.
p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif
http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/ne...sz=300x250;cat=null;tile=2;ord=1269849112286?

"Our family is complete now and I don't think we'll be having any more children - but who knows?
"I will be keeping myself healthy running around, helping Dawn with the baby and looking after Daniel.
"I think that my love for Dawn has kept me young. We are so much in love and she is a wonderful woman.
"We do everything together and our love life is superb."
The Sun told last November how Gerry was set to become a dad at 75 - although Ryan arrived early while he was still 74.
Dawn said her husband was a "natural" as a dad. She said: "He was born to be a father, he is so good at it and so caring.
"I am extremely lucky to have two beautiful children with the man that I love.
"Ryan looks like Gerry did when he was a baby and has his lovely blue eyes.
"Gerry helps out and Ryan is just as happy with his dad as he is with me. We love and respect each other.

SNN2904A_682_1014188a.jpg
Happy bunch ... Gerry and Dawn out with baby Ryan

"Gerry's older, but young at heart. I'm younger, but have always been mature for my age.
"I'm not a big drinker or a nightclubber. We met and kick-started each other's lives.
"No one has made any negative comments to our faces, although some did post some nasty things on the internet after The Sun ran the story on my pregnancy.
"However they don't know us as a family and don't realise how much joy there is in our marriage and how happy our children are.
"Gerry is not some dithering old man who has fathered a child he can't look after. He's fit and strong and has a youthful outlook.
"Everyone here thinks we're a great couple and loving family.
"If Gerry lives well into his 90s the boys will be grown up. Besides, I may go before he does, no one can predict these things."

SNN2905ZN-380_1014407a.jpg
Flashback ... Sun story last November

Dawn, who has had a number of ops on her neck, added: "I challenge readers not to judge people on their age - it's just a number.
"If you connect with someone and love them, it's got to be right if they're both adults.
"Gerry was always a gentleman. As friends we would talk for hours and hours. Then I realised that my feelings were much stronger.
"Since we got together we've never looked back. We love and respect each other and that's what counts.
"Despite his age, Gerry is a very modern man. We are equals.
"I'd do anything for him and I know he'd do the same for me. He is my soul mate.
"We are aware we have something very special and value our time together even more because of the age gap.
"I love Gerry's eyes and he's passed them on to both boys. They really are chips off the old block.
"Gerry's not only Britain's oldest dad, he's also my husband - and a great one at that."
Schoolboy Daniel said: "My dad might be the oldest, but he's also one of the best. And my baby brother Ryan is super adorable. I'm going to look after him."
Britain's oldest dad of twins is Birmingham's Richard Roden, who fathered them at 71 last year. The world's oldest dad is Indian Nanu Ram Jogi, who had a child at 90.
<LI sizset="59" sizcache="5">GOT a story? Call our newsdesk on 020 7782 4104 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2911523/Britains-oldest-dad-Gerry-Burks-is-74.html#ixzz0jYDzIZZv

Tuangalie bei za ndizi zisije panda? wale wa migombani, je hii kanuni ya huyu babu inachembe ya ukweli? ati ukila ndizi mambo yanakuwa bamu bamu?

Back
Top Bottom