Iraqi PM: Saudi has a 'culture of terrorism'

Kinyungu

JF-Expert Member
Apr 6, 2008
New WikiLeaks cables show angry Nouri al-Maliki accusing Arab neighbours of stoking civil war.

Newly released WikiLeaks cables describe strained, even hostile, relations between Iraq and presumed Gulf allies in 2008, with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki accusing neighbours of funding proxy groups to foment violence and destabilise the country.
Detailed State Department cables on meetings between al-Maliki, General Petraeus, and US Ambassador Ryan Crocker also show how much influence the Americans had in Iraq, from security to oil production.

Meeting at al-Maliki's residence on April 14, 2008, a perturbed prime minister launched into an "impassioned" criticism of Iraq's Arab neighbours - Saudi Arabia in particular - and he questioned the need for an upcoming "Neighbour's Conference".

"We have seen nothing positive from Iraq's neighbours: they did not reduce our debt, they did not return their embassies, and they have all interfered in our political, military and financial realms," al-Maliki told the Americans.

In a May 2007 cable, the prime minister told Petraeus and Crocker that: "Iraq's neighbours were conspiring to unseat him and destroy his country. While these nations' leaders publicly state their goodwill toward Iraq, Maliki said, they denounce him as a sectarian leader and finance his country's enemies in an attempt to foment civil war."

Petraeus told al-Maliki that Iran was a "particularly nefarious actor, using its intelligence agencies to support both Sunni and Shia militia activities in Iraq."

Iraq's leader saved his most venomous comments for the House of Saud: "If they (the Gulf Arabs) want to talk about violence, maybe we should have a conference about Saudi Arabia. Most terrorists here are Saudis ... The Saudi people have a culture that supports terrorism. The Saudi government cannot control it, and they cannot get rid of the terrorist institutions that are creating and funding terrorism."

Al-Maliki accused Saudi Arabia's external intelligence chief of fomenting sectarian conflict in Iraq. "I told Vice President Cheney that (Saudi) Prince Muqrin is funding a Sunni army to oppose the Shia army ... I don't want to make threats, but if the Saudis keep saying things about me publicly, that I am Iran's man, then I can say things publicly about them as well," al-Maliki said.

Read it here:Iraqi PM: Saudi has a 'culture of terrorism' - Features - Al Jazeera English

Hata wale waliolipua WTC karibu wote walikuwa Wasaudia. Nakubaliana na PM Al-Maliki remarks.

Hiyo 'mbegu' iliyo hapo middle east yaani ni balaa...! Saud arabia ni adui wa yemen, iraq, iran, egypt yaani karibu kila taifa huko, syria ni adui wa lebanon,jordan, iraq nk.iran ni adui wa iraq, lebanon, saudi arabia jordan nk, halafu wooooooooote hao na wengine wa huko ambao sikuwataja ni maadui wa Israel!!!

Back
Top Bottom