Inside Adelle Onyango's Meeting With French President, Emmanuel Macron

MK254

JF-Expert Member
May 11, 2013
Media personality Adelle Onyango is over the moon after having an in-depth meeting with French President, Emmanuel Macron.

On Thursday, October 7, the celebrated media icon narrated that the special meeting with one of the world's most powerful presidents birthed deep introspective moments in her life

She stated Macron instilled and even expanded her knowledge on pertinent issues, majorly touching on the diplomatic relationship between France and the entire African continent.

Adelle Onyango meeting French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday October 5

Adelle Onyango meeting French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday, October 5
ADELLE ONYANGO'S INSTAGRAM

"Having a meeting with President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday and all the workshops I've been in this week have birthed such deep introspective moments for me."

"As an African and global citizen, there's an honest introspection on two fronts; my responsibility in articulating the glaring issues in France's relationship with Africa now, not limited to, but built heavily on colonisation and lack of acknowledgment of its effects," Adelle stated.

She added that the meeting with Macron also shaped her approach to addressing gender related issues. Adelle noted that the meeting helped her understand the need to address the ever-rising of such traumatising experiences that require new well thought out solutions.

"The expansion of the issues to champion. Obviously, you know my focus is on ending gender sensitive intolerance but more I work in this space the more I realise how it's not an isolated issue from others so the solution needs an understanding of a lot more," she stated.

Adelle, who is still currently in France, is expected to address a conference that will be attended by top government officials hosted by a top organisation championing gender equality in the world.

In 2019, Adelle called it quits ending her seven years stint at KISS 100.

The award-winning media personality ventured into content creation, launching her podcast, Legally Clueless.

The podcast was ranked the most popular Kenyan podcast of 2019 and she has continued to use the platform to address different issues affecting society.

In 2020, Adelle partnered with Trace FM to broadcast her podcast that made her the first African with a syndicated podcast to air on radio.

Source: kenyans.co.ke

Back
Top Bottom