Infrastructure development in East Africa: a Reality Check

Going through your posts, I see in you some 1st year either in economic school or trying a thing in law. You don't sound like someone who has been tested through the regional politics. You're naively yapping about tribal politics in Kenya as if you have no idea what divide and rule is all about. Due to your naivety, I'll try to focus more on enlightening you on why you should be as explosive as we are when discussing matters concerning constitution.
Your 1st president Nyerere managed to do a thing our greedy founding leaders couldn't, he brought together Tanzanians from all walk of life. He made sure they were all united within and around one ideology. He left behind a united nation and one people.
But now, a new reality has to be endowed into your mind, just like in South Africa, there is a new breed of young people who only read about mzee Nyerere or Mandela in history, they have no idea how he looked like, they are educated and hungry, they read on papers how Tanzania ranks so high on corruption, and how elites are amassing billions on foreign accounts, they are well aware on the resources available on their land, they are told how so many minerals are discovered in their nation daily.
if I were you, I'd be so explosive on the constitution and make it an all inclusive document, make sure every young person feels safe from corrupt elite by the use of the document. Our young men in Kenya went on a rampage, the excuse was tribal politics, if you're truly an educated person, you'll understand the excuse can be so many other things. Can be religion, can be color, can be regional, can be class, the list is way too long......either hide in that cocoon or face it.
But the explosiveness u r talking over here is not the one u claim to be in Kenya just 2 days before 3 TV stations were unfairly forced to shut down but what surprised me is the hateful messages i have been reading from those u claim to be explosive...i see a Kikuyu supporters celebrating just because their son is the one who carried out the order. If u think i am not a smart chap to read Kenyans then u simply have no idea that u suffer from the same syndrome i.e. tribalism

if u r a researcher, then u can make use of internet to get the conversion
Ts is why you sound immature. Asking you a question with view to getting an answer is part of research. If I were you, I'd have answered the queation then referred you to the sites in question. I am sure you'd rushed to cites.

Ts is why you sound immature. Asking you a question with view to getting an answer is part of research. If I were you, I'd have answered the queation then referred you to the sites in question. I am sure you'd rushed to cites.
u suffering from grandiose syndrome no wonder i did not bother to answer u! If someone goes through ur blog can easily see the essence of the ---- u post there i.e. glorifying Kenya as usually and undermining Tanzania which is beating u at every angle on economic expansion right now

how while u r struggling to grow ur GDP at 4% this year while Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda all grow above 6% with Tanzania heading the group at >7% and keeps quiet!
I do not understand why the venom here. The truth is Tanzanians are a bunch of liars , especially the characters in this forum. I read one madman say Tanzania is way ahead of Kenya in terms of infrastructure. That is laughable. Lets check just these three or four Mombasa Port capacity 800,000TEUs, dar 500,00TEUs; paved roads Kenya 14000KM TZ 8000KM, Airport Capacity JKIA 6m, GF project will raise total numbers to 20m pax pax JNIA 2.5 m pax. A s for economic growth Tanzania's GDP high rate is from low base, I think 28bn USD. Kenya is from a high base $38 bn. Kenya has actually entered the middle income group US$1035. Need more ? TZis still struggling a teen low income @$600-650

BTW before you wrote this report East Africa Economic Report: EA Central Corridor: Time to invest is now, did you try to inspect the central corridor to see whether is unpaved as you claimed? Or you just vomit ur bigotry? Just to assure u this corridor is 99% paved (tarmacked) and restoration of the railway is being carried on everyday basis! As a matter of fact the railway from Dar to Kigoma functions better than Mombasa to Kampala!
My sources are far more reliable than 100GUs put together. Their findings make your allegations here pure friction.

...After all,its just a copy of what u find in first world countries...
And a bad one at that. These Kenyans who always have to compare themselves with Tanzanians are the most pathetic creatures on Earth; to put it mildly!

But the explosiveness u r talking over here is not the one u claim to be in Kenya just 2 days before 3 TV stations were unfairly forced to shut down but what surprised me is the hateful messages i have been reading from those u claim to be explosive...i see a Kikuyu supporters celebrating just because their son is the one who carried out the order. If u think i am not a smart chap to read Kenyans then u simply have no idea that u suffer from the same syndrome i.e. tribalism
I don't know why you're so ignorant, use the free internet to enlighten yourself better on regional issues. Stop relying on friends in Uswahilini. At no time did our president shut down any media, some media houses did so themselves as a protest to a judgement that refused to postpone the move from analogue to digital. Man, we have the best constitution, and this I can yap all night long, it protects us from situations such like a president waking up one day and making funny orders.

The Regional Radio Conference (RRC) meeting of 2006 set 17th June 2015 as the deadline for all countries in the planning area (comprising of Africa, Europe, Russia and Iran) to migrate to digital terrestrial broadcasting technologies. The process in Kenya was expected to be completed by end of 2012, so it's not a president Uhuru creation. Even I read that Tanzania is also doing it, it is just that Kenyans are used to question everything.
The digital technology supports both free to air and subscription/pay TV. It allows control by password of some channels Sends back statistics of the most viewed channels and a lot more.
I rest my case on you guys, you're too xenophobic and blind to engage on any meaningful debate...with that, I bow out.

I do not understand why the venom here. The truth is Tanzanians are a bunch of liars , especially the characters in this forum. I read one madman say Tanzania is way ahead of Kenya in terms of infrastructure. That is laughable. Lets check just these three or four Mombasa Port capacity 800,000TEUs, dar 500,00TEUs; paved roads Kenya 14000KM TZ 8000KM, Airport Capacity JKIA 6m, GF project will raise total numbers to 20m pax pax JNIA 2.5 m pax. A s for economic growth Tanzania's GDP high rate is from low base, I think 28bn USD. Kenya is from a high base $38 bn. Kenya has actually entered the middle income group US$1035. Need more ? TZis still struggling a teen low income @$600-650

Wow! man that was a real blow... need I say more. I am just washing my hands and get back to nation building, I wasn't aware of inferiority complex and xenophobic disorder these guys have been suffering from until I got into JF forums. Tanzanians in Kenya and elsewhere are so wonderful and hardworking, but here I find a bunch of nescients who seems to source for information from Uswahilini coffee houses.

According to ur argument simple maths Kenya's growth translates into US$ 38 billion*4%= US$1.54 billion whereas for Tanzania US$28 billion*7%= US$1.96 billion! So which one is bigger? The port of Dar is also undergoing US$1.2 billion expansion. As for the paved road the data u presented is not true TZ has over 16,000 km of paved road right now leaving aside the fact that we have long migrated to digital transmission.

Back
Top Bottom