Infrastructure development in East Africa: a Reality Check

kichwa chako naskia huko Kenya hamuwezi angalia news sasa Kenyatta is taking nearly every business

Typical of you to spin anything, why did you not complain when Dar was migrating to digital last year?

The one that purports to correct to get a chance of being snobbish
kichwa chako truth has to be told so how has ur campaign to distort gnus migration to Serengeti gone so far? I came across this; unfortuntaely, it seems the campaign did not help! Poleni sana

the only problem with Kenyans is gross insecurities they have,they simply can not stand being placed where they deserve to be,unfortunately a poor third world country struggling dearly to make it to a middle income economy.This has it's advantages especially in industries where talking big and acting string is key. meanwhile when it comes to reality check,it really does hit hard on our brothers.
Tanzania on the other hand,are exact opposite of Kenyans, too comfortable in our current state, we are poor and miserable as any 3rd world country could be,but we are not delusional. most of our country mates think of Kenya as this semi-south Afica, having no idea how incredibly baloney that Idea is. This comfort ability in th face of dire hardship is what makes us stand out. it's why everyone hwo ever visit Tanzania, find it's people kind without really being shown any act of kindness(we see it as routine),it's what makes Tanzanian's say thank you even if they are the one offering money,and beg for service they pay in full for,these little courtesy are what set's us apart. For the past 30 years Kenya might have leaped forward relatively,but now they can't stand the fact that,soon they will no longer be able to boast anything to Tanzania, for we will be the beigger economy, and the more Tanzanian's open up, the more the world will open up to it.It is only a matter of time.

I am not supprised when a Kenyan conveniently ommit the fact that Tanzania leads EA in terms of better infrastructure,by a wide margine,and yes,you can virtually go to any corner of the country with a mini cooper, and that Railway that is so much in the news now in Kenya, we have had it abused for the past 35-80 years, and its not just one railway line,it's more than 3 lines,albeit some abandoned. And the active ones cover over 2000km in total. We are not so backward after all as you all think we are, we are just not as loud mouthed.

the only problem with Kenyans is gross insecurities they have,they simply can not stand being placed where they deserve to be,unfortunately a poor third world country struggling dearly to make it to a middle income economy.This has it's advantages especially in industries where talking big and acting string is key. meanwhile when it comes to reality check,it really does hit hard on our brothers.
Tanzania on the other hand,are exact opposite of Kenyans, too comfortable in our current state, we are poor and miserable as any 3rd world country could be,but we are not delusional. most of our country mates think of Kenya as this semi-south Afica, having no idea how incredibly baloney that Idea is. This comfort ability in th face of dire hardship is what makes us stand out. it's why everyone hwo ever visit Tanzania, find it's people kind without really being shown any act of kindness(we see it as routine),it's what makes Tanzanian's say thank you even if they are the one offering money,and beg for service they pay in full for,these little courtesy are what set's us apart. For the past 30 years Kenya might have leaped forward relatively,but now they can't stand the fact that,soon they will no longer be able to boast anything to Tanzania, for we will be the beigger economy, and the more Tanzanian's open up, the more the world will open up to it.It is only a matter of time.

I am not supprised when a Kenyan conveniently ommit the fact that Tanzania leads EA in terms of better infrastructure,by a wide margine,and yes,you can virtually go to any corner of the country with a mini cooper, and that Railway that is so much in the news now in Kenya, we have had it abused for the past 35-80 years, and its not just one railway line,it's more than 3 lines,albeit some abandoned. And the active ones cover over 2000km in total. We are not so backward after all as you all think we are, we are just not as loud mouthed.
I've met very hardworking and intelligent Tanzanians in Nairobi but they never depict the kind of inferiority complex I see their brothers portray in JF forums. Why do you always have to use Kenya as your yard-stick on every step, right now as a member of SADC, you should be trying to catch up with smaller SADC members like Angola which beats you hands down. For the past several years have been reading news, reports, analysis etc of Tz catching up with Kenya. As Kenyans, we can only say if you ever catch up, welcome to the fast lane and learn to run fast without complaining about everything and everyone.
Every Kenyan right now is tuned towards vision 2030 and we are heading there aggressively amidst the the so many predicted and unheralded challenges. We don't have lots of minerals, our country is small marred by so many challenges but our resolve, aggressiveness and passion are our driving forces.

I've met very hardworking and intelligent Tanzanians in Nairobi but they never depict the kind of inferiority complex I see their brothers portray in JF forums. Why do you always have to use Kenya as your yard-stick on every step, right now as a member of SADC, you should be trying to catch up with smaller SADC members like Angola which beats you hands down. For the past several years have been reading news, reports, analysis etc of Tz catching up with Kenya. As Kenyans, we can only say if you ever catch up, welcome to the fast lane and learn to run fast without complaining about everything and everyone.
Every Kenyan right now is tuned towards vision 2030 and we are heading there aggressively amidst the the so many predicted and unheralded challenges. We don't have lots of minerals, our country is small marred by so many challenges but our resolve, aggressiveness and passion are our driving forces.
Not only Tanzania's but also Kenya's economy is tossed way below in comparison to Angola's. Nothing to ululating about....! And as far as i know Kenya is rich in minerals just like Tanzania read here and here! No excuse for having no resources

Not only Tanzania's but also Kenya's economy is tossed way below in comparison to Angola's. Nothing to ululating about....! And as far as i know Kenya is rich in minerals just like Tanzania read here and here! No excuse for having no resources
Yeah damn right, so strive hard to beat the small countries you're surrounded by then get into the league of boys your size such as SA and Nigeria. As for minerals in Kenya, you can be bloody sure we are scraping every piece of earth, most of it has been discovered recently, we didn't include the discoveries in our vision 2030 which is penned majorly on ICT and technologies.

No one is complaining and if i ever have to use Kenya as my yardstick that will be the day my doomsday come.unfortunately it seems Nairobi is all u have ever been to. We work hard everywhere, not just there. If you can't read between the lines let me expand it for you, The problem is not Tanzanians thinking we are small,the issue is Kenyan's thinking they are bigger than they are.You are nothing to be drooling of, Kenya like many African countries has nothing that another African country can seriously learn from if they want to go ahead. After all,its just a copy of what u find in first world countries, its high time you stop wit the chest biting. its not helping u.

Read THIS AGAIN, Tanzania is not envious of Kenya, Tanzanians are not envying Kenyans, most part we despise you. we understand when a European Boasts about this and that, when a Kenyan does that its plain embarrassment on our side.

Yeah damn right, so strive hard to beat the small countries you're surrounded by then get into the league of boys your size such as SA and Nigeria. As for minerals in Kenya, you can be bloody sure we are scraping every piece of earth, most of it has been discovered recently, we didn't include the discoveries in our vision 2030 which is penned majorly on ICT and technologies.
total bullocks who puts mineral discoveries in any economic planning be it future

Typical over-boasting Kenyan, 2030 will come and you will see what it means when we tell you the giant has finally awoken.we dont need to compete with Nigeria, Dangote is here which means he understands what TZ is all about.SouthAfrica- i guess u were watching Mandela Funeral, we made them who they are politically. it will only be fitting once we make our relationship a two way street.
FYI, Tanzania doesn't need to even strive hard, we just stick to our guns silently. Word of advice, get out of that over hyped NRB and head down the border, your smarter brothers are striving hard to be part of the next African Renaissance.

No one is complaining and if i ever have to use Kenya as my yardstick that will be the day my doomsday come.unfortunately it seems Nairobi is all u have ever been to. We work hard everywhere, not just there. If you can't read between the lines let me expand it for you, The problem is not Tanzanians thinking we are small,the issue is Kenyan's thinking they are bigger than they are.You are nothing to be drooling of, Kenya like many African countries has nothing that another African country can seriously learn from if they want to go ahead. After all,its just a copy of what u find in first world countries, its high time you stop wit the chest biting. its not helping u.

Read THIS AGAIN, Tanzania is not envious of Kenya, Tanzanians are not envying Kenyans, most part we despise you. we understand when a European Boasts about this and that, when a Kenyan does that its plain embarrassment on our side.
You can deny all you want, but a closer look on every Tanzanian post on JF's Kenyan section will help amplify your understanding. Man, it's not about thinking how big we are, yep we are damn big and growing and are envied across. We've major achievements that are drooled over by many, I don't have to enumerate because you won't bother to read due to your Xenophobic mindset and inferiority complex disorder. The Tanzanians in Kenya are so different, very hardworking and not just in Nairobi, but the ones I have met in so many places even as far as Southern Sudan. But one thing have come to note, 99% of these entrepreneurs are from Chagga community, the type that don't have time to idly spit venom on online forums.

You can deny all you want, but a closer look on every Tanzanian post on JF's Kenyan section will help amplify your understanding. Man, it's not about thinking how big we are, yep we are damn big and growing and are envied across. We've major achievements that are drooled over by many, I don't have to enumerate because you won't bother to read due to your Xenophobic mindset and inferiority complex disorder. The Tanzanians in Kenya are so different, very hardworking and not just in Nairobi, but the ones I have met in so many places even as far as Southern Sudan. But one thing have come to note, 99% of these entrepreneurs are from Chagga community, the type that don't have time to idly spit venom on online forums.

i am here to massage your Ego and from time to time reminding you of your mortality.you should be able to take it both ways, proudman/woman,

i keep saying this Some Kenyan's are so loudmouthed you would wonder what a great country it is,if u ever meet one without ever been there.
you can fool someone who has never lived there,not me and many in these forums, the reason you see those Tanzanian's having no time to feed your ego is because when it comes to getting things done we are many better than Kenyans. It's just we don't make a big deal out of it.

It's a public holiday in a country where Xmas is an ancient tradition,what do you want me to do,pay the train driver to take me to work?

May be you should get out of Africa once and you will see what Tanzanian's are doing not just in South Sudan, but in London, Frankfurt, New york, Beijing, Tokyo, Guangzhou and Moscow, May be you will realize we are not so lazy after all.

how while u r struggling to grow ur GDP at 4% this year while Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda all grow above 6% with Tanzania heading the group at >7% and keeps quiet!

how will u r struggling to grow ur GDP at 4% this year while Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda all grow above 6% with Tanzania heading the group at 7% and keeps quiet!
One thing you need to learn and understand, implementing a new constitution is a very strenuous and expensive process, but every step and progress you achieve is equivalent to jumping Mt. Kilimanjaro. Once the constitutional structures are in place, man you better fasten your seat belt.

One thing you need to learn and understand, implementing a new constitution is a very strenuous and expensive process, but every step and progress you achieve is equivalent to jumping Mt. Kilimanjaro. Once the constitutional structures are in place, man you better fasten your seat belt.

Phew, thsese people, soon you will say running a government is a very expensive process.enough with the hulla hua.there are necessities, weather u do them or u dont, dont beat your chest when you finally have them.

ndio maana in Tanzania kuna wapuuzi wanataka kupongezwa wakitekeleza majukumu yao, itakuwa wamejifunza huko kwenu.

i am here to massage your Ego and from time to time reminding you of your mortality.you should be able to take it both ways, proudman/woman,

i keep saying this Some Kenyan's are so loudmouthed you would wonder what a great country it is,if u ever meet one without ever been there.
you can fool someone who has never lived there,not me and many in these forums, the reason you see those Tanzanian's having no time to feed your ego is because when it comes to getting things done we are many better than Kenyans. It's just we don't make a big deal out of it.

It's a public holiday in a country where Xmas is an ancient tradition,what do you want me to do,pay the train driver to take me to work?

May be you should get out of Africa once and you will see what Tanzanian's are doing not just in South Sudan, but in London, Frankfurt, New york, Beijing, Tokyo, Guangzhou and Moscow, May be you will realize we are not so lazy after all.
There you go again, your posts are always about Tanzanian vs Kenyans, but you guys while you're busy competing against us, most of the time (and ask any Kenyan), we hardly care about who is catching up after us, we are busy achieving the most envied vision 2030. In your earlier post, you claimed nothing of it has been achieved. I can spend a whole night enumerating the major achievements though it will be in futility as you won't bother to read a sentence.

Phew, thsese people, soon you will say running a government is a very expensive process.enough with the hulla hua.there are necessities, weather u do them or u dont, dont beat your chest when you finally have them.

ndio maana in Tanzania kuna wapuuzi wanataka kupongezwa wakitekeleza majukumu yao, itakuwa wamejifunza huko kwenu.
Right now you're in process of writing a new constitution, wait until the document is out, that's when you'll learn kuzaa mtoto sio kazi, bali kumlea. We are reeling from shocks of the so many new things and new way of doing things. A cabinet of less than 22 ministers, beat that record bro. Kutekeleza katiba mpya ni jambo ngumu, mambo yanakua mapya kila sehemu, uliyoyazoea yanapotelea mbali. Rais uliyemzoea kuwa anachokisema ni sheria anakua tena hana uwezo. Wakuu wa polisi na vitengo vingi ikiwemo mahakimu hawaandikwi kazi bila vigezo fulani ikiwemo veting za kiajabu. But once everybody gets used to this and everything in place, the country begins growing in double digits.

Right now you're in process of writing a new constitution, wait until the document is out, that's when you'll learn kuzaa mtoto sio kazi, bali kumlea. We are reeling from shocks of the so many new things and new way of doing things. A cabinet of less than 22 ministers, beat that record bro. Kutekeleza katiba mpya ni jambo ngumu, mambo yanakua mapya kila sehemu, uliyoyazoea yanapotelea mbali. Rais uliyemzoea kuwa anachokisema ni sheria anakua tena hana uwezo. Wakuu wa polisi na vitengo vingi ikiwemo mahakimu hawaandikwi kazi bila vigezo fulani ikiwemo veting za kiajabu. But once everybody gets used to this and everything in place, the country begins growing in double digits.
the good thing is we are not yapping on the process like what u did and u r doing! And as a matter of fact i don't see the achievement u r claiming about since there is more chaos now than even before this new constitution u r talking about! BTW Tanzania has had constitution and changed her constitution several times before Kenya! Tanzania became republic before Kenya! Tanganyika united with Zanzibar Kenya made the EAC collapse! Tanzania (together with Front states) liberated other Southern African nations Kenya was ass licking the Western nations as a puppet nation now u r trying to rewrite ur history with ur Somalia adventures that put u in a more volatile as insecurity is deteriorating all across Kenya! Tanzania and Zambia was assisted to built railway by Chinese in 1970s; Kenya got assistance now and hell breaking up while we also have US$ 11 bio. for port construction and US$15 bio. for LNG and we are quiet. I wonder what would have been if u would have managed to digital migrate last year like we did while you can't do that on fairness basis! go and sleep boy...

the good thing is we are not yapping on the process like what u did and u r doing! And as a matter of fact i don't see the achievement u r claiming about since there is more chaos now than even before this new constitution u r talking about!
You're not explosive as we were simply because most of the general wananchi are not involved or interested, take a beer with any Tanzanian in Nairobi and begin katiba discussion, most have no clue and don't care. But in our case, the document was discussed in the remotest village and every Kenyan was involved. Yes we seem chaotic at the moment simply that's expected from a people who are enlightened about their rights and expectations from the ruling elite. We make sure every bit is exploited and implemented to the later. Right now we are in the process of devolving and no one expcted this would be a wal in the park. But one thing am damn sure of, every bit of it must be achieved, it was found on blood and we are watching every word.

You're not explosive as we were simply because most of the general wananchi are not involved or interested, take a beer with any Tanzanian in Nairobi and begin katiba discussion, most have no clue and don't care. But in our case, the document was discussed in the remotest village and every Kenyan was involved. Yes we seem chaotic at the moment simply that's expected from a people who are enlightened about their rights and expectations from the ruling elite. We make sure every bit is exploited and implemented to the later. Right now we are in the process of devolving and no one expcted this would be a wal in the park. But one thing am damn sure of, every bit of it must be achieved, it was found on blood and we are watching every word.
u r explosive cause of ur stupidity nature to measure everything under the view of tribalism! nothing to be proud off as the new constitution will not work out with ur mindsets.

u r explosive cause of ur stupidity nature to measure everything under the view of tribalism! nothing to be proud off as the new constitution will not work out with ur mindsets.

Going through your posts, I see in you some 1st year either in economic school or trying a thing in law. You don't sound like someone who has been tested through the regional politics. You're naively yapping about tribal politics in Kenya as if you have no idea what divide and rule is all about. Due to your naivety, I'll try to focus more on enlightening you on why you should be as explosive as we are when discussing matters concerning constitution.
Your 1st president Nyerere managed to do a thing our greedy founding leaders couldn't, he brought together Tanzanians from all walk of life. He made sure they were all united within and around one ideology. He left behind a united nation and one people.
But now, a new reality has to be endowed into your mind, just like in South Africa, there is a new breed of young people who only read about mzee Nyerere or Mandela in history, they have no idea how he looked like, they are educated and hungry, they read on papers how Tanzania ranks so high on corruption, and how elites are amassing billions on foreign accounts, they are well aware on the resources available on their land, they are told how so many minerals are discovered in their nation daily.
if I were you, I'd be so explosive on the constitution and make it an all inclusive document, make sure every young person feels safe from corrupt elite by the use of the document. Our young men in Kenya went on a rampage, the excuse was tribal politics, if you're truly an educated person, you'll understand the excuse can be so many other things. Can be religion, can be color, can be regional, can be class, the list is way too long......either hide in that cocoon or face it.

Back
Top Bottom