I'm I the only one who sees something fishy in this pipeline deal?

eliakeem That gas will most likely be used in an LNG powerplant that will be built at Dongo Kundu SEZ. Even at end of this video this LNG powerplant is mentioned. So GoK has always been planning to build an LNG powerplant to generate electricity for a long time but we were planning to import gas from the middle east but now you will sell it to us.

Gesi to be transported kwa njia ya meli inabidi iwe liquefied, LNG plant iwepo, hiyo gesi mnayoletewa ni kwa ajili ya matumizi ya nyumbani na viwandani tu.
hahaha, yaani wewe hovyo kabisa. iliotoka mtwara kuja dar ni ya ni ya majumbani peke yake?

These are good questions and I don't have the answers to most of them. In deed I agree with you that it would have been a good idea for the pipeline to go to Nairobi. But what I know is that a big LNG powerplant will be built in Dongo Kundu, Mombasa for the purpose of powering the SEZ that will be built there. A substation that will step up power from the LNG plant is already being built as per Ketraco

Cc Geza Ulole looks like Kenya will build an LNG powerplant in Dongo Kundu Mombasa. And the gas will come from TZ
you cant have bing LNG if you have no gas to produce. you van only have mini LNG. LNG or FLNG will cost you $20-30 bil. How can you build such kind of facility if you dont produce gas. reporters sometimes have no knowledge

I support the project. I didn't say there is anything wrong with it. My only concern is that getting financing may be a problem. However I want the project to be built. It is good for Kenya too.
note, most of the exploration is done by international gas companies in TZ. currently TZ govt has no wells remember, all wells belongs to international oil companies. contracts states very clearly that TZ has to buy gas from IOCs and may be resale to KE. People are making noise here and yet they dont know anything about this business.

I have been thinking about this pipeline deal and I keep asking myself why the pipeline is going to Mombasa instead of Nairobi where 90% of Kenyan factories are located. I'm sure the pipeline will go directly to the Port of Mombasa and where the gas will go after reaching the port I think your guess should be as good as mine.
your question needs to start with Am I the only one person who sees something fishy in the pipeline deal? Thereafter, we'll be able to contribute our views if we may.

I support the project. I didn't say there is anything wrong with it. My only concern is that getting financing may be a problem. However I want the project to be built. It is good for Kenya too.
gas currently we are using in TZ, the government is buying from international oil companies, thats why the late JPM decided to build JNHPP. Currently Gvt of Tz has set aside some few accreages and wants to start exploration and may be production, but currently gvt of tz through tpdc has no producing wells.

I have been thinking about this pipeline deal and I keep asking myself why the pipeline is going to Mombasa instead of Nairobi where 90% of Kenyan factories are located. I'm sure the pipeline will go directly to the Port of Mombasa and where the gas will go after reaching the port I think your guess should be as good as mine.

Pipe line from Tz to Mombasa that's our business and taking the pipe line from Mombasa to Nairobi, kisumu, kakamega, Dadamega, Nakuru and to other parts of Kenya it is non of our business.

We Will use Tear gas to stop this nonsense.

Pipe line from Tz to Mombasa that's our business and taking the pipe line from Mombasa to Nairobi, kisumu, kakamega, Dadamega, Nakuru and to other parts of Kenya it is non of our business.
Hakuna mahali popote Kenya panapoitwa Dadamega. Pengine ulimaanisha Kakamega.

Wacha kujifanya genius. Kwa hivyo kulingana na wewe genius hakuna kitu kinachoitwa LNG powerplant?
Power plant inatumia gesi ya kawaida (Natural gas). Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plant ni kwa ajili ya kuigeuza gesi kuwa kimiminika ili isafirishwe.

Gharama ya kutengeneza LNG plant jamaa kashaandika juu hapo ni US$20-30 billion.
Hamna watu wajinga watatengeneza LNG plant kwenye nchi isiyozalisha gesi.

Power plant inatumia gesi ya kawaida (Natural gas). Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plant ni kwa ajili ya kuigeuza gesi kuwa kimiminika ili isafirishwe.

Gharama ya kutengeneza LNG plant jamaa kashaandika juu hapo ni US$20-30 billion.
Hamna watu wajinga watatengeneza LNG plant kwenye nchi isiyozalisha gesi.
Asante kwa ufafanuzi.

Bro unaongea nini?
Mwanzoni ulionekana una hoja, lkn sasa unapotea.

You export again something which have no any value addition. Who will be ready to give you a product at cheap price, then you resell it at profit without adding value!!!?
We export petroleum to Uganda without adding any value. It seems you don't understand what you are talking about.

In one or two years Kenya will become the biggest natural gas producer and exporter in East Africa instead of Tanzania and the port of Mombasa will be used to transport the gas after further processing is done.

Tanzania tungekuwa na akili tungeweza kuitumia gesi yetu kama siraha ya kuwatawala makenya,maganx manyarwanda & marundi kama anavofanya Putin kwa magerumani

10 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom