If he could, Robert Amsterdam would want rain and oxygen stopped in Uganda - Nile Post

Gerald .M Magembe

JF-Expert Member
Jul 17, 2013
Robert Amsterdam, the International lawyer and comrade to National Unity Platform (NUP) Presidential Flagbearer Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu alias Bobi Wine, feels he has so much power around him that everything in Uganda should happen as and when it pleases him.

Amsterdam who ran to the rescue of Bobi Wine following the Arua debacle two years ago, and together they went waving hands to different media houses to exhibit the ‘extreme’ torture against the singer cum politician, forever feels Uganda now should be his bargain price for such a ‘favour’.

Following the sessions with all clans of media houses in the West, Amsterdam continued to rally so-called friends on his Twitter handle for whatever he feels should be a leveller against Uganda, while using Bobi Wine as his highest bet odd.

A few days before the election, he came out bragging how he had applied to the International Criminal Court to have incumbent Yoweri Museveni looked into.

The plan was later echoed by Bobi Wine albeit in a jocular manner when he maintained they are looking forward to having Museveni yanked immediately he lands anywhere outside Uganda.

Bobi Wine’s statement and behaviour were in one way saying that he may be walking with Amsterdam but there are certain steps he is not okay with but lacks an option out.

Now latest is Amsterdam with his clique are so much interested in seeing that Uganda does not host the MTV awards, their reason again being- Bobi Wine!

For Amsterdam, his colleagues Steny Hoyer, Jeffrey Smith, Juliet Ibrahim and Kenneth Roth, Ugandans should not see the sun, should not go to the beach, no rain should be seen, there should be nothing good coming through unless Bobi Wine is okay.

To them, Uganda should be stuck, and we should all roll in hell, provided they still hold Bobi Wine’s conscience!

Indeed, if Amsterdam and crew had the ability to stop the rain in Uganda, they would have summoned for a dry spell under the guise of working ahead of Bobi Wine’s interests.

If Amsterdam had the slightest ability to petition whoever is in charge to have the Nile stop flowing, he would invoke all manners of hashtags and friends; “Stop the Nile #FreeBobiWine”.

We are also lucky that the eclipse happened a few years back, but he would be right there to sabotage it, sending whoever can to stand in the way of the sun and another to hijack the moon, until certain things run well in his script.

We are also lucky he has less to do with the supply of oxygen, otherwise, we would be under serious pressure regarding what is happening to Bobi Wine lately, or else, he would be calling for its extinction to Uganda.

It is not correct for Bobi Wine to be held at his home without his will, it is not right for journalists to be maimed and harmed by security operatives while they go about their duties.

It is not right that people are getting kidnapped and held incommunicado, it is not right that those being held are not being taken to courts of law and all need to be condemned in the highest sense of the word.

However, it is completely not right for Amsterdam and his cohort to collect all their egos and dump them on us, to the extent that we should only get that which is okay with them, and only enjoy that which they have decided as and when Bobi Wine is catered for.

There need to be locally driven solutions to such matters without holding all Ugandans hostage with an option of it is either you all help us support Bobi Wine or you all lose whatever has been prepared for you by someone else.

Amsterdam and group are taking 45million people for granted, that they should sit on Twitter with a number of their white friends and call for anything to happen or not happen here!

To them, they think those who are interested in Bobi Wine and those that did not vote him or do not have an interest in politics should sit, wait on them to say: “Here is the MTV Awards, enjoy” and then tomorrow say: “No, Bobi Wine is under arrest, therefore no rain should come your way,”.

It is absurd, that these have found a group of Ugandans abroad and a few here who find it worthy to continue clapping them on, as they massage their egos to make them imagine they are a small gods reigning supreme over what should be the flow of Ugandan governance!

It is for that matter that I ask Amsterdam and group, that as they continue looking out for the interests of Bobi Wine and around him, which is entirely okay and I support it, they should let Ugandans Be.

For God and Ugandans.

This is an abysmal analysis I least expected to get from a learned brother.

I guess you recall how Nyerere spearheaded the movement to sanction the apartheid govt in South Africa including a ban from Olympics committee. I mean the whole world wanted south Africa to "freeze" all for the interests of the-then ''Bobi wine'' called Mandela.

How on earth did you support what happened to the apartheid gov't years back and now- sacarstically criticizing what Amsterdam is proposing against UG gov't?

Well sanctions, Active action, "freezing the nile" or whatever you call it. Is one way to showcase an active demonstration towards the regime malpractices in the election period. Nothing much nothing less, u can't expect life to continue as usual as if nothing happened, that's insanity to say the least.

Some one somewhere has to draw a clear line that THIS IS NOT RIGHT..... ain't doing this anymore..... Who's that? Amsterdam has shown the way others may follow and that's how u bring a whole regime down.

This is an abysmal analysis I least expected to get from a learned brother.

I guess you recall how Nyerere spearheaded the movement to sanction the apartheid govt in South Africa including a ban from Olympics committee. I mean the whole world wanted south Africa to "freeze" all for the interests of the-then ''Bobi wine'' called Mandela.

How on earth did you support what happened to the apartheid gov't years back and now- sacarstically criticizing what Amsterdam is proposing against UG gov't?

Well sanctions, Active action, "freezing the nile" or whatever you call it. Is one way to showcase an active demonstration towards the regime malpractices in the election period. Nothing much nothing less, u can't expect life to continue as usual as if nothing happened, that's insanity to say the least.

Some one somewhere has to draw a clear line that THIS IS NOT RIGHT..... ain't doing this anymore..... Who's that? Amsterdam has shown the way others may follow and that's how u bring a whole regime down.
In South Africa it was us against them, today is us against our blood brothers.

Should I conspire to decimate my country on the way to power ?.

Should we allow Ugandans to die because my side wants power?

We always want them to be gentle when they deal with us, members of the opposition.

Then what is the difference between those in power and us in opposition if we are ready to go to extra mile to defeat them by applying unorthodox means ?

Meaning, we are inciting them to man handle us more, since they are applying equal force to forestall our persuit to State house ?.

The goverment in power always have monopoly of violence, are we prepared for it?

To achieve power with total disregard of political and economic consequences for the people and the country we hold dear?

Should lust for power drives us to destroy the country ? insanity? .

Respond to me through above line of thinking or your best thinking.

I am an opposition figure dedicated to change our people and our country without destroying either.

In South Africa it was us against them, today is us against our blood brothers.

Should I conspire to decimate my country on the way to power ?.

Should we allow Ugandans to die because my side wants power?

We always want them to be gentle when they deal with us, members of the opposition.

Then what is the difference between those in power and us in opposition if we are ready to go to extra mile to defeat them by applying unorthodox means ?

Meaning, we are inciting them to man handle us more, since they are applying equal force to forestall our persuit to State house ?.

The goverment in power always have monopoly of violence, are we prepared for it?

To achieve power with total disregard of political and economic consequences for the people and the country we hold dear?

Should lust for power drives us to destroy the country ? insanity? .

Respond to me through above line of thinking or your best thinking.

I am an opposition figure dedicated to change our people and our country without destroying either.
Us against them? How can you define them while the entire country including blacks suffocated due to the trade embargos!! Or can you justify how sanctions against apartheid SA didn't affect black community as much as white community?

While ur wondering how to justify that..... You recall how TZ supported Anti-Amin cause sparking a year long war. Didn't ugandans suffer even though we claimed to liberate them from Amini? Have they recovered from the economic breakdown experienced during the war? Of course which led to numerous Coup d'etats and hostilities/rebels/factions/separatists from all angles? Can you blame Nyerere for ousting Amin just because a million ugandan lives were lost since?

Bottom line is that.... During struggle for change sacrifices can are inevitable. U can't protect the regime just because of fear that majority citizens will he affected. I mean we call it collateral damage just as TZ supported the apartheid or Amin uprising thou the affected wea poor black communities then stop this double standards.

I mean They and We is subjective..... Therefore based on tha definition just as THEM were white people and US black people suffered the most then NRM are THEY and those who are bound to suffer are ''US'' (ugandan citizens) who are collateral damage in the struggle.

Why this double standard

Us against them? How can you define them while the entire country including blacks suffocated due to the trade embargos!! Or can you justify how sanctions against apartheid SA didn't affect black community as much as white community?

While ur wondering how to justify that..... You recall how TZ supported Anti-Amin cause sparking a year long war. Didn't ugandans suffer even though we claimed to liberate them from Amini? Have they recovered from the economic breakdown experienced during the war? Of course which led to numerous Coup d'etats and hostilities/rebels/factions/separatists from all angles? Can you blame Nyerere for ousting Amin just because a million ugandan lives were lost since?

Bottom line is that.... During struggle for change sacrifices can are inevitable. U can't protect the regime just because of fear that majority citizens will he affected. I mean we call it collateral damage just as TZ supported the apartheid or Amin uprising thou the affected wea poor black communities then stop this double standards.

I mean They and We is subjective..... Therefore based on tha definition just as THEM were white people and US black people suffered the most then NRM are THEY and those who are bound to suffer are ''US'' (ugandan citizens) who are collateral damage in the struggle.

Why this double standard
Though both of us believe in change, but you seem to have no interests to protect vital national interests.

If your memory serves you tight, the white had privileges while blacks did not, what we did was to take away privileges and leave both to enjoy the bare minimum of wants available .

You eat and I eat, but in addition to that, you own a bicycle which helps you to fast your life. While I own none. So we took away your bicycle and left both them walk their life.( smart sanctions in South Africa).

Will Amsterdam and likes help you to get to power? Have we lost the ability to mobilise our citizens to lead and effect change in our societies whist the Armsterdams are our hidden or otherwise followers.?

This is where the issue of poor leadership come to play. I believe we have wrong leaders for our cause today . The people must demand electoral accountabilities from within including winning elections from our leaders. We are made to believe that the state stole our victory whilst no serious organisational preparations was done by our leaders for victory.

We had myriad of shortcomings in every stage of electoral preparation, which I believe would be minimized if the campaign was to include all important members and brains.

We unwelcome brains in leadership only because we want to protect our party leadership positions.

Though both of us believe in change, but you seem to have no interests to protect vital national interests.

If your memory serves you tight, the white had privileges while blacks did not, what we did was to take away privileges and leave both to enjoy the bare minimum of wants available .

You eat and I eat, but in addition to that, you own a bicycle which helps you to fast your life. While I own none. So we took away your bicycle and left both them walk their life.( smart sanctions in South Africa).

Will Amsterdam and likes help you to get to power? Have we lost the ability to mobilise our citizens to lead and effect change in our societies whist the Armsterdams are our hidden or otherwise followers.?

This is where the issue of poor leadership come to play. I believe we have wrong leaders for our cause today . The people must demand electoral accountabilities from within including winning elections from our leaders. We are made to believe that the state stole our victory whilst no serious organisational preparations was done by our leaders for victory.

We had myriad of shortcomings in every stage of electoral preparation, which I believe would be minimized if the campaign was to include all important members and brains.

We unwelcome brains in leadership only because we want to protect our party leadership positions.
We should stop cherry picking..... That's what I'm trying to justify. If internal measures are enough why did Nyerere call for UNO to pressure UK to grant TZ independence earlier? Or why on earth did Nyerere call upon OAU to work on the Amin question? Or why did Nyerere intervene in the Biafran question?

Foreign intervention is key when all internal methods have been exhausted. And that's what AU, UN, ICC are there for, to offer a neutral international body to oversee such matters.

Well.... Mandela l organized ANC bases outside SA. So did samora and Mondlane, but then again that wasn't foreign intervention because it was against white man right?

Till u confess that Mandela and Nyerere were wrong.... The motion stands!!

Concerning so called smart sanctions.... Arab powers restricted oil exports to SA so did Japan who abstained from FDIs in SA. If I may ask isn't fuel/oil used by all races in South Africa? What about the black jobs which capsized due to Japan's withdrawal? Talk about divestment policy by US?

There are no sanctions in any part of the world which don't affect all citizens in one way or the other. U r an economist u know about spillover effects or domino effect in economy.... Contrary to what you believe, sanctions made the black people more poor and vulnerable. However it was for a good cause as the minority white had to give up to black demands.

As much as u seem to be a change-oriented fella, but criticizing Bobi and Bob coz they're agitating for sanctions and isolation is strategically wrong. Unless u discredit Mwalimu and Mandela legacy-which I find unrealistic.

We should stop cherry picking..... That's what I'm trying to justify. If internal measures are enough why did Nyerere call for UNO to pressure UK to grant TZ independence earlier? Or why on earth did Nyerere call upon OAU to work on the Amin question? Or why did Nyerere intervene in the Biafran question?

Foreign intervention is key when all internal methods have been exhausted. And that's what AU, UN, ICC are there for, to offer a neutral international body to oversee such matters.

Well.... Mandela l organized ANC bases outside SA. So did samora and Mondlane, but then again that wasn't foreign intervention because it was against white man right?

Till u confess that Mandela and Nyerere were wrong.... The motion stands!!

Concerning so called smart sanctions.... Arab powers restricted oil exports to SA so did Japan who abstained from FDIs in SA. If I may ask isn't fuel/oil used by all races in South Africa? What about the black jobs which capsized due to Japan's withdrawal? Talk about divestment policy by US?

There are no sanctions in any part of the world which don't affect all citizens in one way or the other. U r an economist u know about spillover effects or domino effect in economy.... Contrary to what you believe, sanctions made the black people more poor and vulnerable. However it was for a good cause as the minority white had to give up to black demands.

As much as u seem to be a change-oriented fella, but criticizing Bobi and Bob coz they're agitating for sanctions and isolation is strategically wrong. Unless u discredit Mwalimu and Mandela legacy-which I find unrealistic.
Extremism come with age and the reverse is true, you are manifesting hate and rage to our blood brothers that is mostly reserved for one not our own.

Any means necessary is the way to go to achieve regime change today? Kyagulanyi will seldom be Museveni of yester years. Characters exhibited by Museveni 'the liberator of 1984'

The results justify the means?

Where do you place some of us who want change but have invested in the very area where violence is orchestrated, economic decimation is in offing for regime change.

A wrong route for African countries, lack of strategy .

Where do you place some of us who want change but have invested in the very area where violence is orchestrated, economic decimation is in offing for regime change.
When it comes to Liberation struggle..... A mere rich individual personal interests are least of the things to worry about.

That's why I asked you, sending troops to Kibiti or Mtwara was wrong to curb down terrorists because it deteriorated economic activities in thos areas??

If that's the case can u admit that Nyerere was wrong to send troops to Uganda because in turn led to mass murders and economic breakdown which is still felt to date??

Lastly would like to ask wat is the possible solution to such a case? Letting go just like that?

Back
Top Bottom