I Think Cats Are Evil... Wewe unawaonaje?!

Steve Dii

JF-Expert Member
Jun 25, 2007
Please don't shoot me for the sensational title, I just want to find out what you think of cats.

Personally i find them too wily to human conscious, that's why i somehow regard them as being evil. I know it feels unfair to refer them in such a way, but really why cats are too elusive compared to many other common animals... They seem to know exactly what you are about to do to them haswa kwenye kuji-defend... na hii kitu ndiyo huwa inanikasirisha badala ya kunifurahisha!!

---kwa huku ambako animal rights haziko kwenye vitabu au juu ya majarida, ukiinama tu kuchukua jiwe, paka huyooo kesha kitoa!

---ukimrusha juu ni lazima atue kwenye miguu yake!

---pahala pengi wanasema paka wanaroho saba, je ni kweli?!

---pakashume hawategeki kwa sumu, ananusa na kuondoka... wakati mbwa ambao ndiyo wanasemekana kuwa na strongest sense ya smelly kwa domestic animals, sad to say but wengi walisha uliwa kwa sumu :(.

Na mambo mengine kibao kibao tu ambayo paka wanaonekana kuhusishwa nayo....
Pls help me bust the myth out of these otherwise lovable creatures.
Are cats evil?!!

I've never seen cats mating? isn't that strange. I've seen most domestic mammals mating but not cats. Sometimes they look at you straight into you eye. When you blink they blink too.
They must be evil. Sometimes cats make this strange voice like a crying baby.
I had a cat when I was 5, i used to like it but my neighbours hated it. Alipotea ghafla sijamuona tena.
Why is it that they sleep more than 8 hours during the day. jus sleeping, sleeping and sleeping. Man, they are so sleepy.

I've never seen cats mating? isn't that strange. I've seen most domestic mammals mating but not cats. Sometimes they look at you straight into you eye. When you blink they blink too.
I had a cat when I was 5, i used to like it but my neighbours hated it. Alipotea ghafla sijamuona tena.
Why is it that they sleep more than 8 hours during the day. jus sleeping, sleeping and sleeping. Man, they are so sleepy.

---their death is also surrounded in mysteries. man, they just disappear, dang it!
---where do they go? you can hardly stumble across their remains even by accident!

Please don't shoot me for the sensational title, I just want to find out what you think of cats.

Personally i find them too wily to human conscious, that's why i somehow regard them as being evil. I know it feels unfair to refer them in such a way, but really why cats are too elusive compared to many other common animals... They seem to know exactly what you are about to do to them haswa kwenye kuji-defend... na hii kitu ndiyo huwa inanikasirisha badala ya kunifurahisha!!

---kwa huku ambako animal rights haziko kwenye vitabu au juu ya majarida, ukiinama tu kuchukua jiwe, paka huyooo kesha kitoa!

---pakashume hawategeki kwa sumu, ananusa na kuondoka... wakati mbwa ambao ndiyo wanasemekana kuwa na strongest sense ya smelly kwa domestic animals, sad to say but wengi walisha uliwa kwa sumu :(.

Na mambo mengine kibao kibao tu ambayo paka wanaonekana kuhusishwa nayo....
Are cats evil?!!

There are several absurdities you regularly hear on cats. Several of these affirmations are demystified here.

MYTH:
The cat has his equilibrium center in these whiskers (vibrisse).
REALITY:
Cats use their whiskers as a sensor but not to maintain their equilibrium.

MYTH:
Cats always fall on their paws.
REALITY:
Cats do fall instinctively paws first and can survive falls from fairly elevated places. but, they can also fall flat on the ground and can break bones in this process. There exists several types of wire mesh or netting that can be installed to protect the cat from these falls from balconies or windows.

MYTH:
Cats must drink some milk every day.
REALITY:
Most cats like milk, but don't need it if they are properly fed. Several of them will get the diarrhea if they drink too much milk. If you do give some milk, it should be in small quantities and not very often.

MYTH:
Cats who are sterilized are automatically going to become overweight.
REALITY:
As people, cats gain weight when they eat too much, don't have enough exercise or both. In many cases, the sterilization is done at an age when the metabolism of the animal is already in slow motion and his needs for food will be decreasing. If the cat continues to eat the same quantity of food, he is going to evidently put on weight. The owner of the cat can avoid this by making sure his cat get the exercise need, and of course is not overfeeding him.

MYTH:
Cats can not get Rabies.
REALITY:
Currently, all hot blooded animals can get rabies, including cats, bats, skunks andferrets. Like dogs, cats must be vaccinated regularly according to local regulations and your veterinarian.

MYTH:
Cats who live inside are not able to catch illnesses.
REALITY:
Cats are constantly exposed to pathogens organisms that can be transported by air or by his master's clothes or shoes. Evidently, cats who go outside are more exposed to illnesses and parasites, they can be in contact with other infected animals or their excrements.

MYTH:
Putting garlic in animal's food will evacuate the worms.
REALITY:
The garlic can give taste to the animal's food, but has no effect on worms. The best way to treat worms is by giving the medication prescribed by your veterinarian.

MYTH:
Cats catch flat worms (tapeworms) when ingesting bad food.

REALITY:
Animals become infected with these worms by fleas that carry the larva of the parasite. They can catch parasites in eating contaminated rodents or by contact with contaminated animals .

MYTH:
Pregnant women should not acquire a cat.
REALITY:
Some cats can be infected by an illness called toxoplasmose, that can occasionally be transmitted to humans when they clean the litter box. This illness can cause serious problems to the fetus. However, this problem can be controlled if the future mother avoids all contact with the litter box and assigns her boyfriend or any other member of the family to the daily cleaning.

MYTH:
Animals take care of themselves by licking their wounds.
REALITY:
In fact the licking can slow down the healing and worsen the wound.

MYTH:
Cats must pass some time outside.
REALITY:
Cats are very happy and healthy in the house.

MYTH:
A cat's diet must be exclusively meat.

REALITY:
In fact, the cat is fundamentally a carnivore, his diet must be very well balanced. A diet based solely on meat can become very toxic.

MYTH:
Cats have nine lifes.
REALITY:
Two possible explanations to this myth: in antiquity cats were considered as good luck charms. In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was considered a serious crime. The fact that cats are able to recover quickly after an accident or a serious illness would be the best explanation.

MYTH:
A cat who spends his life inside will never have any fleas.
REALITY:
True and false at the same time. Effectively he will never catch any fleas unless your house is already infected or still another vector brings them inside. Thus, another animal such as a dog or you on your clothes can act as "transport" for fleas.

MYTH:
You can not keep two cats of the same sex together.
REALITY:
It is false, when they are sterilized, the interaction between the partners become most moderate. In fact, unless you are a breeder or you want to endure the disadvantages related to cats not sterilized, you will have no problems keeping two cats of the same sex together. Moreover, with non sterilized cats you have all the problems associated to the reproduction cycle and instinct.

MYTH:
Cats wag there tail when they are happy.
REALITY:
Cats don't "speak" the same language as dogs. In fact a cat wags his tail to show his intolerance or his discomfort facing a situation, an intruder or when he is hunting or interested in a prey. When this sign appears try to determine what is the reason and try to eliminate it before the situation degenerates into a conflict.

MYTH:
Whiskers are just longer hairs on the face.
REALITY:
In fact they are much more important than that. They are sensory organs that cats use, especially in the dark to determine the distance of a thing or a prey at the time of the hunt. They are important complements to the cat.s other senses.

MYTH:
Catnip makes cats crazy.
REALITY:
In fact, catnip is a plant from the mint family. A chemical substance in it acts as a drug on the cat's nervous system for a short time, making him happier. However, this effect is short, not cumulative and beneficial.

MYTH:
Ther's no special reason why the cat's pupil is vertical.

REALITY:
Evolution gave cats this kind of pupil to compensate for the excessive entrance of light in the eyes. The cat has an elevated visual capacity in the dark, its eyes are therefore very sensitive to light. The eye must have a good control on the quantity of light that it lets enter during the day to avoid damage to the retina . The combination of a vertical pupil and horizontal lid gives them a certain advantage and therefore is very important for the cat's vision.

MYTH:
A cat rubs against you to show his affection.
REALITY:
It is a little more complicated than that. In fact the cat rubs against you to impregnate his scent. Glands located at the level of his temples, his gums and at the base of the tail, produce smelling substances. What he is actually doing, is marking you as part of his territory.

MYTH:
Cats can instinctively recognize and avoid poisonous plants.
REALITY:
This is completely false, we have several poisonous plants in our houses that we should keep away from cats. These plants if they are ingested could poison or make the cat very sick.

MYTH:
Cats living inside don't need to be vaccinated.
REALITY:
It is false, all cats must be vaccinated regularly, at least once a year. A preventive vaccination will avoid in many cases the infection of your animal by various serious illnesses. A lot of the pathogens that cause these illnesses can travel in the air.

All in all Cats are lovely Animal(s)

Habari Ndio Hiyo

....ooooh, so sweet..... purrrrrr, am now starting to like cats even more!!

Na mambo mengine kibao kibao tu ambayo paka wanaonekana kuhusishwa nayo...
Are cats evil?!!

Mimi binafsi sipendi paka kabisa. Tena ukizingatia bongo aminal rights ni za kufikirika, paka akikosea step na kukatiza mbele yangu lazima nimtoe mkuku kwa mawe. Pia nikienda nyumba ambayo wanafuga paka (wa kuwinda panya sio pet) huwa sipendi anikaribie kabisa. Ila kwa wenzetu ughaibuni paka (pets) wanahudumiwa kuliko unavyoweza kufikiria! Matembezi ya jioni utamuona mtu yuko na paka (pet) wake as if anatembea na binadamu mwenzake..!

I have seen cats mating. Nilishangaa maana nijuavyo paka wanapenda usiri mkubwa sana wanapo-sex.

Mimi binafsi sipendi paka kabisa. Tena ukizingatia bongo aminal rights ni za kufikirika, paka akikosea step na kukatiza mbele yangu lazima nimtoe mkuku kwa mawe. Pia nikienda nyumba ambayo wanafuga paka (wa kuwinda panya sio pet) huwa sipendi anikaribie kabisa. Ila kwa wenzetu ughaibuni paka (pets) wanahudumiwa kuliko unavyoweza kufikiria! Matembezi ya jioni utamuona mtu yuko na paka (pet) wake as if anatembea na binadamu mwenzake..!
Daaah, paka noma sana, sasa wakiongozana kwenye matembezi inakuwa hadi kwenye mabasi na kwenda beach kuogelea? au wanaishia kwenye mabustani tu....

I have manage to see them making love just like Human being...i hate nyau....wazembe sana walala..ukisahau unaweza kuta kaingia hata kwenye mfuko wa suruali kichwa chake kulala...

MYTH:
Cats have nine lifes.
REALITY:
Two possible explanations to this myth: in antiquity cats were considered as good luck charms. In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was considered a serious crime. The fact that cats are able to recover quickly after an accident or a serious illness would be the best explanation.

MYTH:
Whiskers are just longer hairs on the face.
REALITY:
In fact they are much more important than that. They are sensory organs that cats use, especially in the dark to determine the distance of a thing or a prey at the time of the hunt. They are important complements to the cat.s other senses.

MYTH:
A cat rubs against you to show his affection.
REALITY:
It is a little more complicated than that. In fact the cat rubs against you to impregnate his scent. Glands located at the level of his temples, his gums and at the base of the tail, produce smelling substances. What he is actually doing, is marking you as part of his territory.

MYTH:
Cats can instinctively recognize and avoid poisonous plants.
REALITY:
This is completely false, we have several poisonous plants in our houses that we should keep away from cats. These plants if they are ingested could poison or make the cat very sick.

Habari Ndio Hiyo

...habari hiyo ya 9 lives hapo juu maelezo yake hayatoshelezi kuondoa myth.

i used to hate cats a lot back home in africa,but huku first world cats are so different,in fact cats interact with humans positively and are not a nonsense,in fact its fun to be around them.i think nyumbani we havent mastered the art of bringing up these wonderfull god's creations.i remember seeing a fox stealithly homing in on an unsuspecting cat.i made sure the cat was safe,before i continued on my way

Steve,

Huko allergic na paka nini? Mbona wako poa tu!

Mimi nawazimia sana nyoka (ingawaje nawaogopa). Kwa mtazamo wangu, nyoka pengine ni reptile mbona kuliko wote. Napenda sana structure ya ngozi yao ilivyojengeka. Hivi umeshawahi kumwangalia rattlesnake au python kwa karibu?

kitu ambacho kinaniudhi kuhusu paka ni udekaji. Duh hakuna mnyama anayejua kudeka zaidi ya paka.

Steve,

Huko allergic na paka nini? Mbona wako poa tu!

Mimi nawazimia sana nyoka (ingawaje nawaogopa). Kwa mtazamo wangu, nyoka pengine ni reptile mbona kuliko wote. Napenda sana structure ya ngozi yao ilivyojengeka. Hivi umeshawahi kumwangalia rattlesnake au python kwa karibu?

kitu ambacho kinaniudhi kuhusu paka ni udekaji. Duh hakuna mnyama anayejua kudeka zaidi ya paka.
QM, kuhusu nyoka - hapana... hao aina ya wawili uliowataja sijawahi... ila ninauhakika wanafanana tu na wengineo niliowaona kwa karibu. Sura zao kwa kweli hazinivutii although i must say i'm a bit fascinated about them especially their poisons for those poisonous.

Paka are damn lazy man, wanakucheck tu binadamu na kukudharau kama vile wewe ni mtumwa wao... ukiwacheki usoni utaweza kuona hiyo dharau ilivyo hadharani nyusoni mwao, wengine wanatoa viulimi vyao nje just to mock you. Kwanamna fulani hivi wanakuwa wamewasoma binadamu mapema mno kabla ya action yoyote wanayopanga kufanya... they are too weird man!

Wewe kama mimi. Nachukia paka vibaya sana. Nikienda katika nyama choma kama kuna paka nashindwa kula kabisaaaaa. Nikifika kwa mtu kama kuna paka anazurura zurura hovyo na anapenda kugusagusa watu basi nakosa raha kabisaaaa.

Interesting thread indeed, ila kitu kimoja nilichojifunza kwa paka ni kwamba paka anajua
kubembeleza ili apate anachokitaka, mara atajigusisha gusisha miguuni mwako huku akikupiga piga na ki mkia chake.
na wakati mwingine paka anajua kweli mchezo wa utani utani,mara atakupiga piga hivi kwa vi mkono vyake bila hata ya kukurwaza kwa makucha yake.

They must be evil. Sometimes cats make this strange voice like a crying baby.(Especially when they are mating)

Back
Top Bottom