I Refuse to Die: My Journey for Freedom

bagamoyo

JF-Expert Member
Jan 14, 2010
Second Liberation by Koigi wa Wamwere

Source: K24TV

My dreadlocks were protected by the court - Koigi wa Wamwere

Koigi wa Wamwere is Kenya’s second longest serving political detainee, having spent 13 years in the slammer fighting for liberty. He is also one of the heroes of our Second Liberation. The rebel who fearlessly fought governments spoke to JAMES MWANGI
How did the idea of sporting dreadlocks came about and if Moi was still in power, would you still be having them?
When they detained us, we were denied combs, neither were we shaved. The plan was to make us look like terrorists. But later, they realised my dreadlocks were gaining attention when my photo was made public and they decided to shave me. I however refused and successfully moved to court to stop. My dreadlocks had a court injunction, thus nobody could have dared to shave me.
stdtupgzypupodkj.jpg

Photo : Koigi wa Wamwere is Kenya’s second longest serving political detainee

At what point did you feel you were about to die?
During the treason trial, I realised the government was increasingly becoming hostile. At Nyayo House, torture was intense and I knew I was staring at death. I was scared. I was chained on a hospital bed with about 10 prison wardens guarding me, yet I was extremely weak.

Why did you choose to seek asylum in Norway?

It was the idea of the Ugandan government. They felt I was not safe there and advised that I should relocate to Norway. I did not have any choice but to agree.

Source: My dreadlocks were protected by the court - Koigi wa Wamwere

sharing is caring thank you for that
and by the way why have you decided to bring forth such kind of topic to us now and not any other time? like
kikwete era?
mkapa era?

Second Liberation: Mwandawiro Mghanga Speaks Out

Published on 15 Sep 2014
Mwandawiro Mghanga was among founder members of the Students Organization of Nairobi University, SONU. In 1985 he was expelled from the University of Nairobi on claims that he had become too radical, after he inspected a guard of honour mounted by fellow students. He ended up spending fours years in detention. On our continuing series, the second liberation, Mwandawiro Mghanga opens up about his struggle and painfully narrates how he almost lost his life during his last month in detention at the Kibos prison. He was saved by public protests organized by his wife, and his lawyer at the time, current Bungoma senator, Moses Wetangula.

Source: K24TV

Aisee, Kagame alikuwa afisa wa jeshi Uganda kwa Museveni?

Pia niliwahi kusikia ubuyu kwamba Kabila mtoto ametokea Uganda na alikuwa mwanajeshi huko!

Hatari!

This world is full of surprises.