I have lost taste in listening to local radio stations especially while driving to work

Mlachake

JF-Expert Member
Oct 13, 2009
I was a fan of one of these Dar Es Salaam local Radio stations especially listening on my way to the office each morning, But of recent I found my self loosing test in all these redios, Am not sure if its the 100s of adverts aired or what.

Nowadays if am not in a mood to listen to music in my small flash disc I better switch off the redio.

Am sure am not alone here. These guys need to change their strategy.

Am not saying they scrap the adverts but these adverts should not take 80% of the airtime.

I dont know why I have written this, But I think its a result of what I took yesterday (SABA SABA) from mama muuza.

I second you sir. Back in a day it was fun and more relaxing turning on to your favorite station to listen to your favorite program and interact with your favorite presenter.

Now days with all the junk and crap being aired its difficult to take 5 minutes straight listening to what they blunder about.

Most of radio presenters lack some insights information on various matter (espicially critical and serious news or data). You will find most of them make mistakes/misinform the public on such news. This is mainly due to employing people who are fame without regarding to their intellectuality! They look more on context rather than content!

We sometimes have to phone or text them to correct or educate them on subject on motion.

Most of radio presenters lack some insights information on various matter (espicially critical and serious news or data). You will find most of them make mistakes/misinform the public on such news. This is mainly due to employing people who are fame without regarding to their intellectuality! They look more on context rather than content!

We sometimes have to phone or text them to correct or educate them on subject on motion.
I think the thing is most of Station owners fail to realize that not only talent matter but also it has to be monitored and supervised. Because if u look at most of these presenters have not gone through proper trainings such as taking journalism courses and understanding the basics of what they do.

Several times i come across local aired radio programs with the discussion of very sensitive and private agenda on a public radio such as talking about adultery, abuse, rape, etc in an extreme explicit level without regard the fact that by that time most parents are not at home with their kids who maybe under the supervision of a careless house girl or Babysitter who will not notice wots going on.......

I missed the days when u could drive listening on a radio with your inlaw without any discomfort or whatsoever.......

How podcast works?
I always hear about podcasts but I really don't know how it works.
Well, its like the normal aired Radio programs but this one has no interruption such as adverts, or time limits. Some podcasts can have an hour or two of program.

Well, its like the normal aired Radio programs but this one has no interruption such as adverts, or time limits.... Some podcasts can have an hour or two of program.......
Ok.
So if I have contents I can podcast too or should I register to TCRA?

Ok.
So if I have contents I can podcast too or should I register to TCRA?
Yes u can..... I don't know about the current regulations but am sure as u start they won't hinder u of nothing. But as u proceed u should consider checking on them so that u avoid any future confrontation with the authorities.

Facebook has podcasts options u can use it..... Video Podcasts mostly i know of.