I have always thought Ceres was a Kenyan brand!

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009

Ceres maker recalls apple juice over high toxin levels

ceres

Summary

• The recalled brands were found to contain high levels of patulin, a fruit-based mould toxin that causes nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal disturbances.
  • The juices are on sale in Kenya, Uganda, Seychelles, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mauritius, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

General Image

By ANTHONY KITIMO
More by this Author

South African food and beverage maker Pioneer Foods has recalled its Ceres apple juice brands sold in seven Comesa markets, including Kenya and Uganda.

The recalled brands were found to contain high levels of patulin, a fruit-based mould toxin that causes nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal disturbances.

Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (Comesa) Competition Commission said Pioneer Food informed it that the affected juice brands were on sale in Kenya, Uganda, Seychelles, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mauritius, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

“In view of the foregoing... the Commission would like to inform the general public to exercise caution and avoid the purchase or consumption of the recalled products,” said the regional trading bloc’s competition watchdog in a statement on Wednesday.

Further, consumers have been advised to “return the products where they were purchased for a refund or replacement.”
The Ceres apple juice recall comes barely a week after Pioneer Foods recalled its LiquiFruit apple juice brands sold in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia.

The South African firm said its investigation had confirmed that “a limited quantity of apple juice concentrate supplied to them contained elevated levels of patulin, a mould toxin mainly found in rotting apples.”

“The recall is based on the presence of patulin in a concentration of more than 50 parts per billion (ppb), which is the regulatory threshold,” said CEO Tertius Carstens.

Products​

The recalled products are Ceres apple juice 200ml and Ceres apple 275ml sparkling glass on sale in DRC, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Others are Ceres apple juice one-litre selling in Kenya, Uganda, DRC, Mauritius, and Zambia; and Ceres apple juice 200ml being sold in Seychelles.
Ceres Apple 4x6x200ml
  • Single unit barcode: 6001240200018
  • Date coding: PD 14.06.2021 / BB 14.06.2022
  • PD 21.06.2021 / BB 21.06.2022
  • PD 22.06.2021 / BB 22.06.2022
Ceres Apple Sparkling 275 ml glass

• Single unit barcode: 6001240222676
  • Date coding: PD 14.06.2021 / BB 14.06.2022
  • PD 15.06.2021 / BB 15.06.2022
Ceres Apple 12x1 litre
  • Single unit barcode: 6001240100011
  • Date coding: PD 17.06.2021 / BB 17.06.2022
  • PD 18.06.2021 / BB 18.06.2022
  • PD 21.06.2021 / BB 21.06.2022
  • PD 22.06.2021 / BB 22.06.2022

LiquiFruit​

Other recalled products are LiquiFruit Clear Apple 250ml carton, the LiquiFruit Clear Apple 330ml can and the LiquiFruit Clear Apple one-litre carton.
The World Health Organisation states patulin, which is classified as a mycotoxin, is a naturally occurring toxin created by certain moulds found in apples and apple products.

The risk of consuming patulin exceeding 50ppb may lead to vomiting, nausea and gastrointestinal symptoms.
The Pioneer Foods product recall comes a week after Coca-Cola South Africa also recalled certain batches of Appletiser, reportedly due to high patulin levels.

I think there is a problem in your perspective/imagination solely regarding this issue. I have proved today. That I know these young brothers than you do! How can you imagine impossible things brother/sister?. How can you elevate these people such that, in your brain you imagine Ceres brand belongs to Kenya?. These folks can't feed them selves. How came you imagine they can produce surplus juice to be sold beyond their borders? Most of them lives in kibera slum! Isn't it?

I think there is a problem in your perspective/imagination solely regarding this issue. I have proved today. That I know these young brothers than you do! How can you imagine impossible things brother/sister?. How can you elevate these people such that, in your brain you imagine Ceres brand belongs to Kenya?. These folks can't feed them selves. How came you imagine they can produce surplus juice to be sold beyond their borders? Most of them lives in kibera slum! Isn't it?
CC: Tony254

Ona huyu mjinga. Kwa hivyo Kenya haiwezi kuproduce juice yake? Punguza upumbavu. Delmonte juice na Minute maid ni juice zinazoundwa Kenya.
1634157521930.png

1634157587114.png

Ona huyu mjinga. Kwa hivyo Kenya haiwezi kuproduce juice yake? Punguza upumbavu. Delmonte juice na Minute maid ni juice zinazoundwa Kenya.
View attachment 1973477
View attachment 1973478
Wewe Acha ufala.

Del monte imefilisika. ...mashamba yake wanaenda kutengeneza estates.

Na hiyo minute maid is not a Kenyan Brand. Pumbavu. It's an international brand under Coca-Cola. Usituone mambumbumbu humu

Shenzi kabisa.

Jiandaeni kunywa Azam juice tu huko. Kwa sasa hamna kitu tena Kunyalanda!

Wewe Acha ufala.

Del monte imefilisika. ...mashamba yake wanaenda kutengeneza estates.

Na hiyo minute maid is not a Kenyan Brand. Pumbavu. It's an international brand under Coca-Cola. Usituone mambumbumbu humu

Shenzi kabisa.

Jiandaeni kunya Azam juice tu huko. Kwa sasa hamnakitu tena Kunyalanda!
Shenzi ni wewe. Del Monte imefilisika kwenye ndoto yako tu.

Hakuna kitu ambacho wakunya wanaweza kujivunia zaidi ya miraa tu. .....SGR-NI ya mchina, KQ-ni ya KLM. ......yani hawana chochote. .....hata hayo majengo wanaringia sio yao. ....hilo 88 ni mchina. ........

Yani Hakuna kitu.

Hakuna kitu ambacho wakunya wanaweza kujivunia zaidi ya miraa tu. .....SGR-NI ya mchina, KQ-ni ya KLM. ......yani hawana chochote. .....hata hayo majengo wanaringia sio yao. ....hilo 88 ni mchina. ........

Yani Hakuna kitu.
Shiiiiiiiiiutaliza nyani humu pia chakula chochote cha kenya siyo salama tumboni mwa binadamu hivyo ukitembelea kenya jichunge sana na vyakula vyao

Kenyan products compete with international brands which are also manufactured locally. Tembea East Africa utapata so many products kutoka Kenya lakini kupata products manufactured from other countries within EA kwa Kenyan shelves it's very rare.

IMG_20211016_152146.jpg

Kenyan products compete with international brands which are also manufactured locally. Tembea East Africa utapata so many products kutoka Kenya lakini kupata products manufactured from other countries within EA kwa Kenyan shelves it's very rare.

View attachment 1976417
which one? Del Monte is not kenyan brand also and So r Orchid Valley juices part of Peptang from Inustrial Promotion Services (K) that is owned by Aga Khan Development Network!

which one? Del Monte is not kenyan brand also and So r Orchid Valley juices part of Peptang from Inustrial Promotion Services (K) that is owned by Aga Khan Development Network!
Unlike you, we don't import finished products, we manufacturer them here using raw materials outsourced locally. Unaniuliza which one vile umekimbia kugoogle orchid valley si najua umegoogle hizo zingine pia lakini umekosa jibu. 😂😂😂😂

Unlike you, we don't import finished products, we manufacturer them here using raw materials outsourced locally. Unaniuliza which one vile umekimbia kugoogle orchid valley si najua umegoogle hizo zingine pia lakini umekosa jibu. 😂😂😂😂
100% Tanzanian brands!