I have a problem of installing a Linux on Dell Optiplex 760

Freddy81

Feb 3, 2009
I have a problem of installing a Linux in Dell optiplex 760.. it tell me "Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type" i am using RED HAT Enterprise 4 CDs. Actualy i didn't face the same scenario before. Please help now!!!!

Yes, no one have came yet with the solution so we still find it.. you help if you can

I have a problem of installing a Linux in Dell optiplex 760.. it tell me "Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type" i am using RED HAT Enterprise 4 CDs. Actualy i didn't face the same scenario before. Please help now!!!!

Tupatie maelezo zaidi.
Nini kimeandikwa kabla na baada ya hiyo error?

forget that...buy a new machine with a system already installed....how much will u sell to me that used dell optiplex 760?

I am not using a used machine... it is brand new. It never used before

"Would you like mannualy select your driver or use a driver disk" Nimejaribu yote lakini imeshindikana

"Would you like mannualy select your driver or use a driver disk" Nimejaribu yote lakini imeshindikana

Nadhani hiyo ni message inayotokea baada.
Kabla ya error message uliyoitaja mwanzo kuna nini? CD-rom?

Nadhani hiyo ni message inayotokea baada.
Kabla ya error message uliyoitaja mwanzo kuna nini? CD-rom?
Kama ni CD-ROM au DVD-ROM, download driver (firmware) za hiyo device from the manufacturer's website na uweke kwenye floopy disk. Ikifika kwenye hiyo message, "Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver disk?" sema YES baada ya kuweka hiyo disk kwenye diskatte drive.

Last edited:
I had the same issue when I bought my laptop. So there is a setting on the BIOS settings that had to be changed. Check on the SATA setting, something has to be disabled, so that Linux can read your HDDs.

Back
Top Bottom