I found out today, I've been training my replacement for the past four months

Akotia

JF-Expert Member
Dec 16, 2016
I found out today I've been training my replacement for the past four months

What was originally framed as growth and team building ended up being a junior for less money and experience replacing me so they could net a positive on overhead costs.

I've spent the last three years really loving the company I've worked for and enjoying some flexibility and getting new experience.

I've been overlooking some red flags because I thought I was being paranoid or insecure. I tried to stay positive and push through the baggage from previous work places and it got me nothing.

Well, no. It got me freedom. I sat down today to think about all the times I've been frustrated at this job. Trying to get things upgraded or improve things only to get push back from leadership.

I resorted to bringing those things up every so often to keep them in play for the long term.

I tried to do the job I was hired to do as best that I could and be a part of the team.

That was purely for my own sake and I think I'm okay with that.

On the other hand I'm not here because I didn't do my job or do it well. I'm here because someone decided to string me along for their own benefit.

It's a shitty feeling to be dropped like a hot rock when you really thought things were good.

Take care of yourself. Don't ignore those red flags.

Cheers

What was originally framed as growth and team building ended up being a junior for less money and experience replacing me so they could net a positive on overhead costs.

I've spent the last three years really loving the company I've worked for and enjoying some flexibility and getting new experience.

I've been overlooking some red flags because I thought I was being paranoid or insecure. I tried to stay positive and push through the baggage from previous work places and it got me nothing.

Well, no. It got me freedom. I sat down today to think about all the times I've been frustrated at this job. Trying to get things upgraded or improve things only to get push back from leadership.

I resorted to bringing those things up every so often to keep them in play for the long term.

I tried to do the job I was hired to do as best that I could and be a part of the team.

On the other hand I'm not here because I didn't do my job or do it well. I'm here because someone decided to string me along for their own benefit.

It's a shitty feeling to be dropped like a hot rock when you really thought things were good.

Cheers
Capitalist has never have a permanent proletarian.

Tatizo lugha hii ya malikia ina ukakasi kwa kina sisi kuiwelewa, pole kama hatuchangia siredI

Cheers
Indeed a frustrating experience. This shit happens a lot, especially in the Corporate world. Glad you are taking your demoralizing experience in a positive way - a lesson learned and a stepping stone towards a more prosperous future. Indeed, we should not ignore the red flags in our lives. You are not alone - had my share of those too in the past.

Cheers
Anzisha kampuni yako.

Indeed a frustrating experience. This shit happens a lot, especially in the Corporate world. Glad you are taking your demoralizing experience in a positive way - a lesson learned and a stepping stone towards a more prosperous future. Indeed, we should not ignore the red flags in our lives. You are not alone - had my share of those too in the past.
Lesson learned,corporate world is business, and by definition it's ugly and brutal at times.

Always be prepared with plenty of savings set aside, if you end up unexpectedly canned.

Cheers
Man this thread just had me share my fustrations too, actually my thing is the complete opposite, am really unmotivated with my 9-5 job and not doing enough barely surviving day by day.. i see my ship sinking infront of my eyes and that shit keeps me awake at night sometimes.

So i wish i had your drive and mind set, thats why i know without a doubt you'll make it out there

Best of luck Chief, when 1 door closes...

Cheers
Job is like a vehicle, to transport you from point A to point B . Never fall in LOVE with it.

Cheers
Unajua ukiwa kwenye mazingira ya u-CAPITALISM af haujui kama upo kwenye hayo mazingira basi utaona unaonewa na kila mtu kwako atakua mmbaya. Capitalism inahusisha manipulation & eploitation of the weak, betrayal, etc... ili mradi tu mtu apate benefits.

Nmeshuhudia interns wanaowazunguka seniors wao hadi wanapanda ladder na wanakua managers wao, mm mwenyewe nmemtrain dogo kazi lkn akajakuni-outperform sehemu fln basi niko chini yake hadi leo hii. Lkn silalamiki sabab najua huko juu wanaangalia zaidi benefits, perhaps umri + majukumu yanafanya nisiweze jifunza vitu vipya kwa speed ya huyo dogo.

Ukitaka kusikia zaidi fuatilia watu wanaofanya kazi kwenye aidha financial institutions kubwa au hizi tech companies ambazo zinahitaji highly productive individuals.

Kuna jamaa alimwambia co-founder mwenzake kwamba "A weak partner is a liability" same applies kwenye corporate world, ukiwa weak au unasababisha costs fln zinazoepukika basi wewe utaonwa kama liability na lazima watakureplace tu, hakuna emotions kwenye hio dunia.

Unajua ukiwa kwenye mazingira ya u-CAPITALISM af haujui kama upo kwenye hayo mazingira basi utaona unaonewa na kila mtu kwako atakua mmbaya. Capitalism inahusisha manipulation & eploitation of the weak, betrayal, etc... ili mradi tu mtu apate benefits.

Nmeshuhudia interns wanaowazunguka seniors wao hadi wanapanda ladder na wanakua managers wao, mm mwenyewe nmemtrain dogo kazi lkn akajakuni-outperform sehemu fln basi niko chini yake hadi leo hii. Lkn silalamiki sabab najua huko juu wanaangalia zaidi benefits, perhaps umri + majukumu yanafanya nisiweze jifunza vitu vipya kwa speed ya huyo dogo.

Ukitaka kusikia zaidi fuatilia watu wanaofanya kazi kwenye aidha financial institutions kubwa au hizi tech companies ambazo zinahitaji highly productive individuals.

Kuna jamaa alimwambia co-founder mwenzake kwamba "A weak partner is a liability" same applies kwenye corporate world, ukiwa weak au unasababisha costs fln zinazoepukika basi wewe utaonwa kama liability na lazima watakureplace tu, hakuna emotions kwenye hio dunia.
Umeongea vema mkuu... "No hard feelings, it's just business*

Cheers
I can't rephrase the whole say
i heard somewhere that some other people become broken inside as soon as they realize that it doesn't take a long time to be replaced within someone's heart , it happen in jobs too,
You have scarlet heart never let it turn blue,
Cheers mate🥂

I can't rephrase the whole say i heard somewhere, but they say some people become broken inside as soon as they realize that, it doesn't take a long time to be replaced within someone's heart , it happen in jobs too,
You have scarlet heart never let it turn blue,
Cheers mate🥂
Thanks dude.
It was past post and as you know it end up well as my student fucked up badly. I'm relieved tho

Back
Top Bottom