I am seeking advice as an American moving to Tanzania

keith_983

Dec 24, 2021
I am currently a 17 year old American who has been voluntarily learning Kiswahili for almost a year and a half now. I have been wanting to move to Tanzania for the same amount of time. Another few things to note, I have no family, no friends, no ties at all to Tanzania, I have no talents or future in education.

I am a white male and my move to Tanzania would be on my own, aside from my cat and dog. My american experience has been really traumatic to put it bluntly, and Tanzania sounds exactly like the place I am looking for. I turn 18 in April, I graduate school in June, I plan to move to Tanzania between July and December of 2022.

I have some basic knowledge of what I should do or know about prior to and when I make my first few visits to Tanzania, but I think it would be a great idea to hear what actual East Africans and Tanzanians have to say. I am somewhat aware of current politics as well as the proposition of the East African Federation.

I am seeking all and any advice that would be useful in my move to Tanzania. I am aware of vaccines and such and that i would definitely need to carry sunscreen, I am more seeking advice on what to do when i am on the ground in Tanzania. Thank you.

Karibu Tanzania hakuna matata..naomba uwe rafiki yangu ukitembea southern part of Tanzania check me on PM.

I have no advice to give you just prepare yourself for the important stuff, follow what law says about your visit in the immigration office..then pay a visit enjoy your days don't forget to visit mbezi, Kawe, Kigamboni, Masaki, Morogoro, Bagamoyo, Kilwa, Arusha, Moshi, Mwanza, Ruvuma, Mbeya, Iringa. We have got many attractions park there you will enjoy eating nyamachoma and local mbususu...

I am currently a 17 year old American who has been voluntarily learning Kiswahili for almost a year and a half now. I have been wanting to move to Tanzania for the same amount of time...
Wee umejifunza Kiswahili mwaka mmoja na nusu, Tayari umeshakuwa Mmatumbi. Karibu sana kwenye ardhi ya Wamatumbi, ardhi yenye utajiri wa kila aina unaomezewa mate na mataifa mengi, lakini chama dhalimu, Chama Cha Mazezete kimemua kisiendeleze utajiri huu ila kitegemee mikopo na tozo kuendesha nchi

Karibu Tanzania hakuna matata..naomba uwe rafiki yangu ukitembea southern part of Tanzania check me on PM.
The my you get the mzungu? Do you know what is your my name? The mzungu go south part of Tanzania which?

Me come fastafasta sea mzungu of my your America.

The mzungu, me bring you local Mbususu, no uti, no ,gono, no ukimwi. Mbususu brand new, no chupa of fanta, no chupa of mirinda. Also marinda sealed

I am currently a 17 year old American who has been voluntarily learning Kiswahili for almost a year and a half now. I have been wanting to move to Tanzania for the same amount of time...
Lengo lako ni nini sasa? Maana wewe speaker wako tunajua Ni Ndugai!?!? Sasa Kama Ni Ndugai unajamiaje Tanzania wakati wewe Mtanzania? Ila kizungu chako kimezidi cha Ndalichako!

Welcome to Tz. How good are you in Computer skills? Most Americans are very good. If you have great computer skills and know how to drive, PM me and I will give a free place to stay and a job in Tanzania. Here below is a video of me with some of my American friends who came to visit me in Tanzania. I live both in Tz and California; Tanzania is the best place to live. USA is better for me in making $$$ for now, but very stressful life over there. Am currently in Tz for holidays. 17 is a perfect age as you can easily learn Swahili.
Duh daily vijana wanaomba kazi watu wanakausha katokea Mzungu koko huko kapewa kazi na sehemu ya kukaa. Halafu kijiweni ndio unamkuta huyu akijinasibu kua Watanzania hatupendani???

A good advice may come from American embassy in Tz.
Thank you, I already plan on doing so as one of my first stops in Tanzania. An embassy would likely help me through all the legal processes and answer most of my technical questions.

What do you plan to do to earn for a living during your stay here?
I currently have about two years of experience working in a fast food restaurant and I have one year of retail experience. I was most likely going to try and find a job in a restaurant or in an industry such as tourism where my knowledge of english could be useful.

Welcome to Tz. How good are you in Computer skills? Most Americans are very good. If you have great computer skills and know how to drive, PM me and I will give a free place to stay and a job in Tanzania. Here below is a video of me with some of my American friends who came to visit me in Tanzania. I live both in Tz and California; Tanzania is the best place to live. USA is better for me in making $$$ for now, but very stressful life over there. Am currently in Tz for holidays. 17 is a perfect age as you can easily learn Swahili.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll make sure to PM you soon.

Moving to another country is very tricky especially if you have no ties(friends,relatives etc).I however commend your decision to move over hear.Since you are still a minor I think you need to come first as tourist or a volunteer in some local projects,there are alot of NGOs offering search services at reasonable cost.

Once you get here you can get to know more about the place while you are still safe and occupied.You can make new friends and Meet new people etc.

Being and american Tanzania can be a very interesting place to be especially since it is one of the most welcoming countries in Africa.

The average living costs in tanzania range from betwen 300USD to 1000 USD per month(at minimum)

Career options for a foreigner can be NG'Os,Tourism and Technology.

Best places to live with an active foreigners community include Arusha and Dar es Salaam.As a first time Arusha will be the best option.

Since you are plan to move in permanently/long time you should think of starting a kind of business locally.If you have access to finances you can actually buy a home and build a life.

All in All Tanzania is one of few foreigner friendly countries and I believe if you are really determined you can make a Home in Tanzania.